Tev62
Road warrior
They do a blacked out version here called the "W800 Street". I think the colour takes a little from the engine though, but different, great they are mixing it up a little.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You've been searching for a CB1100 for over seven years?TCBronson_imp said:I gave up my search on a CB1100 and pulled the trigger on a 2020 W800. I'll try this for a while and see how I like it.
It tics all the boxes for me, looks, size, weight and price.
Yes I did and liked it a lot, but then the Africa Twin came out and I had to have one so the CB1100 had to go. Sold it locally to a young guy that liked the looks. I do miss that bike! So now I wanted another retro style bike and a left over 2020 W800 came up on Cycle Trader and the rest is history.Cormanus_imp said:TCBronson had a 2013 CB1100. I don't know what happened to it.
Yes I did and liked it a lot, but then the Africa Twin came out and I had to have one so the CB1100 had to go. Sold it locally to a young guy that liked the looks. I do miss that bike! So now I wanted another retro style bike and a left over 2020 W800 came up on Cycle Trader and the rest is history.TCBronson_imp said:Yes I did and liked it a lot, but then the Africa Twin came out and I had to have one so the CB1100 had to go. Sold it locally to a young guy that liked the looks. I do miss that bike! So now I wanted another retro style bike and a left over 2020 W800 came up on Cycle Trader and the rest is history.Cormanus_imp said:TCBronson had a 2013 CB1100. I don't know what happened to it.
Ride for 10 years a W800, one of the first 800 edition. Enjoy the bike very much on over 72.000km. It has typical paralleltwin vibrations in a small range of round about 3.300 til 3.800 rpm. Not much but you can feel them. Out of this range the W800 runs very smoothly. The bike is nearly as fast as the speedcutted CB, but it will take more time to rev the W up to its max speed. No wonder. Though the CB can handle faster speeds better, I think the W isn't meant to be driven for fast rides, because the bike sometimes starts to slinger which the CB with its stronger frame and riding layout won't. The W is clunky? By no means no, not mine. The proportions of the motor can stand and win all comparisons in my eyes. All in all the W is a reliable and very good looking retro bike, one of, if not the best. But the looks depend on the version. I personally prefer the shiny first edition and the last released one and would leave out the released ones in between.Indypikes_imp said:I have not ridden a W800 but I am attracted to them for obvious reasons as standard, retro bikes do it for me. I've seen leftover 2019 Cafe versions in the yuck brown being sold for ridiculously low prices. What I don't like is the ugly, fat tank that just ruins the aesthetics for me, but that's obviously subjective.
Reviews have not been kind to the W800.....buzzy, slow, clunky, etc. but I know that really doesn't mean a whole lot. A friend of mine in FL, who is a very astute and finicky motorcycle connoisseur, recently picked up a 2020 in Red and really likes it. I hope to see him this Spring and give it a spin.
My thinking is that a new Bonneville T100 would run circles around the W and that would be my choice if in the market for a mid-priced, retro standard. Again, just my opinion.
She needs understand that, like a pet dog, motorcycles can get separation anxiety if left alone in a garage. Having a companion bike is not a luxury but a necessity.The A-man_imp said:Something just attracts me to the vertical twin architecture- Triumphs, W800, old Yamaha 650, old CB 450, etc. Never owned one though. Unfortunately, Mrs. A-man has instituted a strict "One butt, One bike" policy. Repression!
You drove?Charlie Bravo_imp said:My BIL and I drove out to hell-and-gone, read Victorville, to look at a W800. I made what I considered to be a fair offer, but the old fart acted insulted and wheeled the bike away. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.m in sc_imp said:I like them., but the w series and the triumphs Bonneville's (at least as of a few yrs ago) look great, but lack of performance was always the deal breaker for me. Nice looking bikes though.
Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.GoldOxide_imp said:Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.m in sc_imp said:I like them., but the w series and the triumphs Bonneville's (at least as of a few yrs ago) look great, but lack of performance was always the deal breaker for me. Nice looking bikes though.
Good looks (to many), quality build, classic soul, but overall gutless.