Those who intalled the Arrow slip on

MikeOxbig_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi guys, I read some of you applied some type of thermal paste when installing the arrow. I'm hesitant to do that as in my past experience it was really difficult to remove the slip on later on if I decided to change it. Can I use locktite (bue)?

Thanks,
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Hi guys, I read some of you applied some type of thermal paste when installing the arrow. I'm hesitant to do that as in my past experience it was really difficult to remove the slip on later on if I decided to change it. Can I use locktite (bue)?

Thanks,
No, don't use Locktite. Use High temp RTV red silicone. Smear a little on the pipe and let it set overnight after you slip it together. Removal will be a snap, the stuff is real pliable.

See:
http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81160-Hig...814&sr=8-1
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ack-CB11. My main concern was the removal process later down the road, sounds like this is the right product. I initially was just going to install the Arrow with no paste, has anyone done this? Just wondering if there were any leaks.
 
How about resistance to discolouring from heat?

I was thinking of putting the Moriwaki Slip-On on my wish list until I learned that the megaphone tends to yellow near the header connection.

Is the Arrow Slip-On any better at keeping its original colour?
 
Back
Top