Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

To be honest Cormanus it was very confusing for me as my wife was not home when Inhouse Bob explained to me how to do this . You could compare it to trying to teach an opossum how to repair a tv. I am afraid that I might "fall of the wagon" by doing this too often without my wife's help. Do not look for another job yet is all I can say and I continue to pay your retainer.Cormanus_imp said:Well done, Houtman. I'm soon to become redundant. Excellent news, particularly with the separation payment in my contract.
Until someone like photobucket pulls there free service and ten years worth of threads lose all semblance of clarity. I shall try harder to shrink any uploads.Cormanus_imp said:From the perspective of other forum users, it's much kinder to use a photo hosting service as, for some reason, the forum software is able to manage the display size of photos it links to. It can't seem to do that with photos uploaded to the forum. That avoids the phenomenon of really wide photos that you need to scroll across the page to see and that make the text on the page unreadable.

" ... puh-thistt ... Congratulations! You have just won a prize from your favourite brewing company. This is not a real bottle of beer, however, listen carefully to the code we will read, and then go to http://www.notyouraveragebeeranymore.com and see what prize you actually won. Maybe it is a bottle of beer! Maybe, it is a brand new CB1100! Just fill out the form, include solving the jigsaw image (so we know you are not a robot), add a creditcard account secured by a 40-character mixed symbol passphrase, answer a few security questions, solve a mathematical time-limited question, use the latest Chromium browser, ensure your Java Virtual Machine is up-to-date and then follow the instructions. You may be on your way to that free refreshing brew you were reaching for. Good luck! ... "Houtman_imp said:Gold , you are right about constant changes to make things "better and easier" ; we have sold probably over a 1000 things on eBay over the last 10 years and they change all the time and not for the better in my opinion. It gets sometimes too complicated , all right for nerds setting up these programs but not for the average user. Many people now complain about the complexity of the info systems on the new cars of today.
The programmers make it too difficult , who reads a 1000 page manual , just 20 pages for setting up your radio ! I am getting older and perhaps soon I do not have to worry about this anymore . As long as I can open a bottle of beer I will be ok !
I know this was discussed before, but I can't remember the upshot.Tev62_imp said:Until someone like photobucket pulls there free service and ten years worth of threads lose all semblance of clarity. I shall try harder to shrink any uploads.Cormanus_imp said:From the perspective of other forum users, it's much kinder to use a photo hosting service as, for some reason, the forum software is able to manage the display size of photos it links to. It can't seem to do that with photos uploaded to the forum. That avoids the phenomenon of really wide photos that you need to scroll across the page to see and that make the text on the page unreadable.![]()
If problems are really that rare, there was of course no need to change anything. But the risk remains.Cormanus_imp said:I’m not clear what you mean, j3gq. How would it work?
By the way, I’m only aware that we ‘lost’ photos due to external interference once: when Photobucket shut down access to non-susbsribers’ photos. They’ve since relented, although the photos of non-subscribers are watermarked. There are workarounds for that using browser extensions in Chrome and Firefox. The other reason photos have disappeared is that members have deleted them or closed their accounts.
Cormanus_imp said:It seems good idea, j3gq. Can I check that I understand what you’ve said?
When a user wants to post a photo, she uploads it to the forum’s cloud account and that process somehow trims the file size to 100 kb. Can she then embed a link the file in the post in the same way that one can embed a link from Imgur, or does she have to download the smaller image and upload it to the forum’s storage? She would then have to post a reference to the location of the file in the cloud storage.