This bike just gets better!

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I'm closing in on 11,000 miles.

Today's weather couldn't have been better .... low 70s, and a mix of clouds and sun.

I had a funeral to attend between 10am and 12 noon, but once home, I threw on the grungy jeans, old leather jacket, and even older boots (resoled for the 2nd or 3rd time,) and took off for a very short ride from Hudson Ohio to Burton Ohio.

No more than 70 miles round trip.

The CB was running beautifully, the weather was beautiful, farm country and wildflowers were beautiful, and the back roads were nearly traffic-free.

Heading for home, instead of backtracking the two lanes, I opted for US422. The surface is smooth, and the speed limit is 65mph, give or take 5 or 10mph. And minimal traffic, almost non-existant.

The little CB cruised at a steady 75mph for 8 to 10 miles, and even with no windshield, it was wonderful! Maybe even more so because there was no windshield. I've ridden that way for years.

Anyway, just a few lines to let all of you know that I have adapted to the CB1100. She's sweet!

Bob
 
Hear, hear. :thumbsup:
 
I wish US422 was as traffic free around here. People literally have stickers and whole windows of their vehicles devoted to "I Hate US422".
 
It does get better. I was afraid that I'd miss the creature comforts of my BMW, but haven't given that bike a second thought. I love the simplicity and honesty of this bike.
Ok, I just drove the 422 in trips to Ohio and PA, and thought it was lovely.

I am used to LA traffic, however, so maybe anything is lovely by comparison.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
It does get better. I was afraid that I'd miss the creature comforts of my BMW, but haven't given that bike a second thought. I love the simplicity and honesty of this bike.
Ok, I just drove the 422 in trips to Ohio and PA, and thought it was lovely.

I am used to LA traffic, however, so maybe anything is lovely by comparison.
You might be right Gin60.

Everybody in North America seems to claim to have the "worse traffic".
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It does get better. I was afraid that I'd miss the creature comforts of my BMW, but haven't given that bike a second thought. I love the simplicity and honesty of this bike.
Ok, I just drove the 422 in trips to Ohio and PA, and thought it was lovely.

I am used to LA traffic, however, so maybe anything is lovely by comparison.
You might be right Gin60.

Everybody in North America seems to claim to have the "worse traffic".
You might be right Gin60.

Everybody in North America seems to claim to have the "worse traffic".
That's BS, everybody knows Memphis has the worst traffic. Not even close.
 
Afraid we can all suffer from the same evil that is....congestion. In the UK its very easy to find. I went out yesterday for a ride and did about 70 miles or so but deliberately took back roads and single track roads for the majority of the way. Encountered very little traffic and had a wonderful ride, all at about 45 to 60 mph or below. Bike ran super sweet, well in its comfort zone and it was lovely. Didnt want to be on anything else.
 
that's also my favorite zone for riding this bike.....45-60 mph, on 2 lane country curvy roads
 
Welcome to the forum, Ryanson.
 
DCT Wing

9bad49b54815d699a0ab2ebf3ef60857.jpg


CB1000R

bcb0c28a526d1ac898ff02be22cdc5c1.jpg


CB1100

5a45f2cc78a59bc98ac196f64d8dc457.jpg


Had to throw in my other bikes for perspective. My 1100 has about 4,000 miles on her and she just keeps getting better and better. I switched over to Honda full synthetic at 3,500 miles and it may be my imagination but she seems to run better still. That's an Arrow Pro full exhaust sans baffle and she really screams above 6,000 RPM. The irony is that though my other bikes are faster I always end up riding faster on the 1100. There is nothing like rolling on the throttle to wide open in third gear and just surfing the envelope of sound to the ton. It's addictive :excited:
 
Willmarth_imp said:
DCT Wing

9bad49b54815d699a0ab2ebf3ef60857.jpg


CB1000R

bcb0c28a526d1ac898ff02be22cdc5c1.jpg


CB1100

5a45f2cc78a59bc98ac196f64d8dc457.jpg


Had to throw in my other bikes for perspective. My 1100 has about 4,000 miles on her and she just keeps getting better and better. I switched over to Honda full synthetic at 3,500 miles and it may be my imagination but she seems to run better still. That's an Arrow Pro full exhaust sans baffle and she really screams above 6,000 RPM. The irony is that though my other bikes are faster I always end up riding faster on the 1100. There is nothing like rolling on the throttle to wide open in third gear and just surfing the envelope of sound to the ton. It's addictive :excited:
... and she (or he?) looks good doing it too!
 
Thread starter
Willmarth_imp said:
DCT Wing

9bad49b54815d699a0ab2ebf3ef60857.jpg


CB1000R

bcb0c28a526d1ac898ff02be22cdc5c1.jpg


CB1100

5a45f2cc78a59bc98ac196f64d8dc457.jpg


Had to throw in my other bikes for perspective. My 1100 has about 4,000 miles on her and she just keeps getting better and better. I switched over to Honda full synthetic at 3,500 miles and it may be my imagination but she seems to run better still. That's an Arrow Pro full exhaust sans baffle and she really screams above 6,000 RPM. The irony is that though my other bikes are faster I always end up riding faster on the 1100. There is nothing like rolling on the throttle to wide open in third gear and just surfing the envelope of sound to the ton. It's addictive :excited:
Will our bikes roll up to the ton in 3rd gear? Never tried to do that. Is that with stock gearing?
 
Back
Top