Thinking of a dlx tank

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
One of my last things I think can be improved on the bike is the shape of the gas tank. I own a std and I think the shape is a little weird.

That being said- I have never seen a dlx tank in real life and it is hard to really tell the difference from the pictures I have seen.

Does anyone have some pictures that make clear the shape of the dlx tank?

A little extra capacity doesn't hurt either, but I would primarily be doing it for the shape.

Thanks
 
The ferret always comes through.
 
Thread starter
I do like the more traditional bulbous look.

Is there any chance someone with one of these can take a picture or even possibly a video when standing from behind the rear fender and then moving upward as if they were on the bike (a view from behind, and then forward from an upward viewpoint?)

Not going to lie- the stock tank angles really bug me.

I like the K0 kit tank Samurider offers except for the bottom where it is awkwardly cut. They would have been better off to leave the stock bottom line and just modify from there up...
 
To me the new tank looks like Honda is re-using the cb1000 tanks from 95...

That was a nice bike but it's been done... Been talking to a fof (friend of friend) whose a welder.. I'd like to find a cheap 2nd tank, maybe with a blemish and have em cut the sides off lengthwise and weld in about and inch on either side an put in a quick fill top

Basically a wider version of
60158193d7f2412db393cd92ef6ca7c0.jpg
 
Back
Top