Thermometer for air temp?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Anyone keep an air temp gauge on the motorcycle? Seems like I kept a cheap plastic one on my last one, and find myself keep looking down for the temp like I do in my car, of course on a motorcycle outside temp is more important as it gets cooler and you need to dress properly....
I did see this on Amazon but seems a little big to mount on the CB gauge area.
Amazon.com
 
I like mine. Go to a kitchen supply store and get one with a big dial. The shaft is about 5".
$8.00

a5765f98f3961990ef3b71b6de91d025.jpg


zip tie or tape it to the bars
 
not only is it real, I have used the same thermometer on my last 3 bikes

my eyes aren't what they used to be the large dial is the schnizzle

and no batteries to worry about
 
I have a thermometer from these people: The End | My Website

They have clocks and thermometers and have 7/8" mounts.
 
Another user of Clocks4Bikes here. Bought a clock and thermometer for the Quota. Took them off when I sold it so now the CB has the thermometer. Looks factory.
 
One more note on where I put the thermometer (center of bar)... when I'm sitting in traffic or riding my bike anywhere near close to a slow speed, the thermometer heats up quite quickly from the air rising from the engine. Even on a day where it is 65 out, it quickly goes to 80+. So it's not a great place to put it but it sure looks good there.
 
Andy,

Mine is a different brand, but mounted in the same spot and does the same thing.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Ole, I do hope your distance vision is better! For your sake and everyone else's!
No worrys mate! My long range vision is very good it is just the in tight stuff. Like reading the newspaper under poor light.
 
I've used several of the Formotion items, and they're really nice, high quality products, but the problem I find with any thermo on a bike, is being directly in the sun all the time, it tends to read WAY higher than the actual temperature, rendering it just about useless. :-/
 
Yeah Papa, but it just looks so dang cool! :celebrate:
 
Back
Top