The Twins Together For The First Time!

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Finally got a chance to take pictures of the twins side by side. Not the best pics, but I'm in the middle of insulating, painting, building new work space, and heating my garage, and had a chance to park them side by side. The old K6 may be ready for a resto now that I have the CB1100 to get out on for a breather. So excuse the mess and say hello to mah little friends....;)

b828dd39b0e4196830a1d80c4377a54f.JPG

ba206307c5ee1cb8cede876405bb2269.JPG

fb4b5dfe9c42dd9c1f817c2298b4cad7.JPG

abfa5a04e9bc2147b231b77abb6b560a.JPG
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
A resto for the 750? Looks pretty good to me. Nice bikes, both of them.

Cheers
Thanks Ptero, yeah it does look pretty good from 10 feet back, but after almost 40 years there's plenty of little things that just wear out due to age. (Gaskets, rubber bits, etc.) It would be nice to treat her to a refresh. :beerchug:
 
Damfino_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
A resto for the 750? Looks pretty good to me. Nice bikes, both of them.

Cheers
Thanks Ptero, yeah it does look pretty good from 10 feet back, but after almost 40 years there's plenty of little things that just wear out due to age. (Gaskets, rubber bits, etc.) It would be nice to treat her to a refresh. :beerchug:
Understood mate. My Bonnie is now in real need of a resto. Due to circumstances it hasn't been on the road for a long time. If I go to my garage and take a photo I would have to take the walk of shame on this forum. Maybe I need to do that to get me off my blot and onto the spanners.

Cheers
 
Cool combo. I had a 76 just like that one only I had the KG solid backrest instead of the adjustable one like you have.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Finally got a chance to take pictures of the twins side by side. Not the best pics, but I'm in the middle of insulating, painting, building new work space, and heating my garage, and had a chance to park them side by side. The old K6 may be ready for a resto now that I have the CB1100 to get out on for a breather. So excuse the mess and say hello to mah little friends....;)

b828dd39b0e4196830a1d80c4377a54f.JPG

ba206307c5ee1cb8cede876405bb2269.JPG

fb4b5dfe9c42dd9c1f817c2298b4cad7.JPG

abfa5a04e9bc2147b231b77abb6b560a.JPG
OMG! I saved your pictures on my ipad!! The is a gorgeous site.
I had a 74 CB 750 (orange) brand new back in the day. Now I hope to find another clean one to keep the DLX company. Thanks for posting
 
Thread starter
tbone455_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Finally got a chance to take pictures of the twins side by side. Not the best pics, but I'm in the middle of insulating, painting, building new work space, and heating my garage, and had a chance to park them side by side. The old K6 may be ready for a resto now that I have the CB1100 to get out on for a breather. So excuse the mess and say hello to mah little friends....;)

b828dd39b0e4196830a1d80c4377a54f.JPG

ba206307c5ee1cb8cede876405bb2269.JPG

fb4b5dfe9c42dd9c1f817c2298b4cad7.JPG

abfa5a04e9bc2147b231b77abb6b560a.JPG
OMG! I saved your pictures on my ipad!! The is a gorgeous site.
I had a 74 CB 750 (orange) brand new back in the day. Now I hope to find another clean one to keep the DLX company. Thanks for posting

Thanks Tbone & VTR, yeah I'd gladly give one of my testicles for a minty 'Flake Sunrise Orange' CB750! It was/is a beautiful color!













(Well maybe not a testicle....how about a pinky? Yeah! That's it! I could definitely get by without a pinky!!)
 
Very nice! I'm green with envy over your red twins!
That's another of my bucket list bikes (seems like the list gets longer all the time...), and I'd like mine to be that same colour red, thank you very much!
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
That is a sweet pair! Do you still ride the 750 any? It looks great to be nearly 40 years old.
Thanks guy's! F7, I took the K6 out for a ride around the block earlier this Spring and came back because the front caliper was sticking and an oil leak developed from my oil pressure gauge. I rode it quite frequently last year, but this year it seems to be telling me otherwise. I also have a leaky engine gasket and fork seals. It's time for some attention.
 
They look great. I think you should park the 750 in my garage so my CB1100 and CBX could keep it company. It would fit right in being red. I would not tell the wife there was another red head in the garage. LOL.
 
Thread starter
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
They look great. I think you should park the 750 in my garage so my CB1100 and CBX could keep it company. It would fit right in being red. I would not tell the wife there was another red head in the garage. LOL.
Sure Rick, but I get the CBX on every other weekend. Joint custody you know...:D
 
Damfino_imp said:
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
They look great. I think you should park the 750 in my garage so my CB1100 and CBX could keep it company. It would fit right in being red. I would not tell the wife there was another red head in the garage. LOL.
Sure Rick, but I get the CBX on every other weekend. Joint custody you know...:D
Sure Rick, but I get the CBX on every other weekend. Joint custody you know...:D
:thumbsup: :rofl:
 
I got a friend that has NOS. Orange gas tank in the box with honda part # also 6 sets of matching side covers in the honda box with part # and (3) sets of complete exhaust each in there own honda box with part # on boxes. All new never used. Has a red 69 or. 70 model cb750 mint. Not sure if it's a sandcast I would have to look and see also has a mint 72 or 73 cb750 Very very nice bikes
 
Back
Top