The transformation of my CB

On that EMGO fairing, looks really nice. How is it running for you? Where is the air hitting you? I like the small-ness of its size.
 
Thread starter
The main airflow hits my shoulders and I feel no pressure on my chest. It works great for me. I still saved my large windscreen for winter riding though as it offers very little weather protection.
 
Thank you for the review. How tall are you? I'm 5'7", so I'm thinking wind should hit me just over my shoulders (or just under the helmet). I'm thinking it's a good starter for me at $~70 or so, versus all-in on the ~$400 Road Comet that's popular here.
 
Thread starter
BayAreaRick_imp said:
Thank you for the review. How tall are you? I'm 5'7", so I'm thinking wind should hit me just over my shoulders (or just under the helmet). I'm thinking it's a good starter for me at $~70 or so, versus all-in on the ~$400 Road Comet that's popular here.
I am right at 6' tall but longer legs proportionally than normal (shorter torso).

 
Thread starter
Added a set of Barbacks yesterday.

28817974dcce5237ce4b35eb97ab1d26.jpg


53f3db7a6403fbc37958ef9b237a4bd2.jpg
 
Thread starter
I've reinstalled the BUS (big ugly screen) for the warmer wet weather this week. I also was test fitting a new pair of driving lights tonight.

a977be371b5c7dbabd8e42306adb4c8b.jpg
 
Thread starter
I was going to design and build my own brackets and use ammo cans but these came up for a good price and I couldn't pass them up. However, they are not designed to work with the Honda rack. But I am not easily deterred either.

After a little fiddling I was able to mount the brackets by replacing the rear spacers in the Honda rack hardware.

bdef148ca099e939f1381adcbb1df338.jpg


5b8386ecd364110730f16374d47a18c3.jpg


5bf5e4d32964966a89186f19ac9408e2.jpg


f571bc06e9faa6eea8d2f63450f40f2a.jpg


696f18608fb3fef566fcd14519776cc3.jpg


04a7f3fb4b6a13005c4a4783acfc9b57.jpg


cc93688e98a6c9b4f148fb96f3b99f58.jpg

9e7656ea9cee08d77ee84082dcddea3b.jpg


7bda907e67f96f302d7f6695925dc683.jpg



This is the spacer that made everything fit. 3/4" long.
551600f143fe18176e59afbe536e9939.jpg
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Nice.

Is that a Repsol CBR250R parked against the wall?
It is, I've posted about that in another thread.
 
Thread starter
A few recent pics.
91cea02a1310d99b34ad79661cbcd230.jpg
e1a4a59b51b88180edb1df2343a6c2ca.jpg
ae0dfffe2e553a02f6303898f6591709.jpg
77a4de2c821ae2334e8cddfc709eeb52.jpg
ee8b0abfc10f3565cec339e8bb1fa786.jpg
9ede1b9771a973c10b64e1f97b3e9d4d.jpg
 
A dependable steed. Good picks, Kenny.
 
Thread starter
Just turning over 40,000 miles this week. I should have it broken in soon.
 
Thread starter
Touring through Idaho at the rally.

a9ae84d5fed34e1e8f6610c463e5580d.jpg
 
Thread starter
I had a productive night replacing the chain, sprockets, and cush drive bushings. The bike feels much better with nearly no slop left in the chain drive. I had about 25K on the chain and 48K on the cush drive bushings.
966ca00b77f946c2685fbf1b69998619.jpg
 
I like those hard boxes. Who made them and where did you find them? I have made some mods to my 2014 Standard including bar setbacks and a Corbin seat. MUCH more comfortable.
 
Back
Top