The transformation of my CB

Thread starter
I just measured mine, 1" OD tubing.
 
Thread starter
I'm working on a new design project. Started getting serious measurements so I can figure out how to mount these cans.

ac5a713259727d907b9be87fe01c739f.jpg

I like the clearance with the exhaust.

0e66f10f9b90658ef5ecb480a52c916d.jpg
 
Very ADV (adventurous project lol). I like you mechanical type guys that can have a vision and make it happen.very cool
 
I love those ammo can saddlebags -- you've given me an inspiration to make my own hard luggage. What size are they? They look bigger than the standard .50cal cans.
 
Thread starter
I love having tools that make it easy to visualize and figure out how to connect everything.


kmoney_imp said:
I love those ammo can saddlebags -- you've given me an inspiration to make my own hard luggage. What size are they? They look bigger than the standard .50cal cans.
This set is larger than the 50 cal cans. They are labeled N463, 8 fuze proximity M728.
a5b4fbe4c38473e493d8d263c460e7a0.jpg

They measure approximately 11.125 x 5.75 x 10 inches.
 
Thread starter
I have a model started... still working on how to attach everything though. The lines in space just represent the centerline of the Honda rack in 2D. My plan is to slip a thin plate in between the spacers and Honda Rack on each side as the basis of my mounting bracket system. The thing I need to figure out now is how to hold the can without drilling holes in it.

 
Thread starter
I found a little extra room on the CB today and installed Cortech 36L saddle bags as a temporary solution until I get all of the ammo can brackets figured out.
9234eda368a6ffebbe0eef204867bf3a.jpg


3f24d4d86367af5ccf27527b15ced826.jpg


9ebab8ebc153388c74bead0dab1b1076.jpg
 
kennyw_imp said:
I have a model started... still working on how to attach everything though. The lines in space just represent the centerline of the Honda rack in 2D. My plan is to slip a thin plate in between the spacers and Honda Rack on each side as the basis of my mounting bracket system. The thing I need to figure out now is how to hold the can without drilling holes in it.
It sounds like you need some sort of a cradle system to hold them in place then.
 
redbirds_imp said:
paul kellam_imp said:
What kind of tire do you have mounted on front? it looks like it's on backwards?
They are Michelin PR3's. Many on the forum have them, me included.
They are Michelin PR3's. Many on the forum have them, me included.
Paul, you are not the first to be puzzled, or even deceived, by the groove pattern on those, and many other, front tyres. Believe me, and 'Birds, that tyre is mounted correctly.

Cheers
 
There was even a question about that in one of the bike mags. Michelin explained that it has to do with water displacement and tire loading. Rear is loaded during accel and front is loaded while braking so the groves face different ways. I'll look it up if I can remember. Was just reading it again the other day.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
I have a model started... still working on how to attach everything though. The lines in space just represent the centerline of the Honda rack in 2D. My plan is to slip a thin plate in between the spacers and Honda Rack on each side as the basis of my mounting bracket system. The thing I need to figure out now is how to hold the can without drilling holes in it.
It sounds like you need some sort of a cradle system to hold them in place then.
It sounds like you need some sort of a cradle system to hold them in place then. That is true but I also don't want obnoxiously large brackets left if I take the cans off.

I will likely mount brackets to the exterior of the can that attach to the bike brackets.
 
Thread starter
I do have a ride report for the Corbin seat. I spent the day on the bike a week ago Saturday. Left the house at 8 am and didn't get home until around 10 pm. Riding throughout the day consisted of 50-100 mile stretches with decent breaks in between. I made it to about 9 pm before it started to feel uncomfortable. Overall, I find the seat very comfortable compared to the stock one.
I also made a quick update to the attitude of the bike and drilled a few holes in the muffler end plate. Still retains the stock look and sounds a little better but not extremely loud.

866e6e62eeef1ad70209c2469845de9b.jpg


00fe5a4492ed068376749e0550331ec7.jpg
 
Thread starter
I've made a couple of recent additions getting ready for my trip. A small throttle lock and a set of highway pegs.

a596f3fb5a3602cd283046e8ae9cc9a1.jpg
 
Thread starter
I mounted a smaller Emgo fairing for the summer months.

A few pictures from my install today.

fecedb56fe7a9c6b425e0f2682a5bdf4.jpg


28567458a64535e6ef3453916e3c8fb1.jpg


ffaf6150dbcb4bd485981dcfe4add13f.jpg


30bb84594dd33cc207e3805a4ea98dde.jpg


1863ddc40743afd0f33f2ce510bf8c4a.jpg


ec1293839ceeb25badb196bc1f8e2bc7.jpg


6097ecd56bc5cc958d60b697b9ff9e01.jpg


2454fcea9afe8c5aba33c8bf39e858c1.jpg


27ff37f9c1a91a04f728b4bfdfcae502.jpg


bd443b3afdf84890f2593f54e882a602.jpg


d39922057affc4b4ea525a0765459832.jpg


83f5d1e12c2f4da390611a6fe3078336.jpg
 
Thread starter
New tires (PR3s) were installed today. I pulled the old tires with 26K miles on the bike.
 
Hope you like 'em, Kenny. I'm pleased with mine.
 
I like the little quarter fairing on there Kenny. Looks good.
 
Back
Top