Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I sorta always wanted a CBX, and could have purchased a brand-new touring model with full fairing and bags during the "leftover" days of the late 1980s for less than $3000 out the door, about half-price. I just couldn't see the practicality of it.736cc_imp said:The 1979 and 80 CBX and 2013 CB1100 share the same factory color "Candy Glory Red" but that's about it ( and I've owned them both- the CB1100 handles and brakes better, has fuel injection, but the CBX otherwise is a superior machine. And has a MUCH better exhaust note, is much more collectible and sexy.

Actually, one of my fav detail of owning a CBX was working on it. The parts were equisit and akin to undressing a sexy woman...peeking under the valve cover at all those valves was one of life's great pleasures. And they respond to a fine valve adjustment and carb tune like no other motorcycle. A correctly tuned CBX at 500 rpm idle is as smooth and quiet as a sewing machine in a padded room.LongRanger_imp said:Six carbs to synchronize and 24 shims to adjust. I've always loved the look and sound of the CBX but don't think I could live with it.
Actually, one of my fav detail of owning a CBX was working on it. The parts were equisit and akin to undressing a sexy woman...peeking under the valve cover at all those valves was one of life's great pleasures. And they respond to a fine valve adjustment and carb tune like no other motorcycle. A correctly tuned CBX at 500 rpm idle is as smooth and quiet as a sewing machine in a padded room. So I have heard. And some would suggest that indicates a complete lack of character.:rofl:736cc_imp said:Actually, one of my fav detail of owning a CBX was working on it. The parts were equisit and akin to undressing a sexy woman...peeking under the valve cover at all those valves was one of life's great pleasures. And they respond to a fine valve adjustment and carb tune like no other motorcycle. A correctly tuned CBX at 500 rpm idle is as smooth and quiet as a sewing machine in a padded room.LongRanger_imp said:Six carbs to synchronize and 24 shims to adjust. I've always loved the look and sound of the CBX but don't think I could live with it.
Here you are lauding, rightly so, the elegant character of the CBX at idle, due to a deep appreciation of fine engineering over other, more audible attributes.736cc_imp said:Anybody that thinks a CBX has a lack of character must have not been fortunate enough to have experienced up close the sexiest motorcycle ever. That 6 cylinder was a masterpiece of an engine. You own a Harley?
Very nice! Yes I would agree, by modern standards that bike requires quite a bit of maintenance, just synchronizing the carbs would be a job of work.StefanS_imp said:I owned more than 20 CBX 1000 during the Last ten years. The end of my CBX Story was a Egli CBX 1000 Red Baron. Expensive and nice to look for but diffizile to Drive. I sold and bought the 1100EX.
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
No, I was just wrong on the face of it. But I did in fact mean a 6-cylinder sportbike or racebike like those mentioned in the article and thread, high-performance machinery, as in bikes using more cylinders and higher RPM to get more power.The ferret_imp said:Every goldwing is a 6. BMW makes a 6. Maybe you mean another inline 6 from Honda.
Nice-looking bike.Django_imp said: