The Shop Manual - got it!

stateboy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, it started out cheap at $25 but at $46 for an excellent condition used, I'll take it.
2d509607ec7f43b950044adad34d02f9.jpg
 
Good deal!
I saw a buy it now one for $47 and was going to buy it but wanted to wait until some eBay sales went through to use the PayPal cash but someone bought it in the interim.
I wound up getting one a day later for $45 and free shipping with a best offer.
 
Thread starter
cb4me?_imp said:
Good deal!
I saw a buy it now one for $47 and was going to buy it but wanted to wait until some eBay sales went through to use the PayPal cash but someone bought it in the interim.
I wound up getting one a day later for $45 and free shipping with a best offer.
Sounds like a good deal. I've tried to hawk the Ebay and Amazon sites daily for something less than the $70 Helm (the authors of the book) charge (plus I have to pay the 6% sales tax since they/I'm in Michigan). Mine is used so hopefully it looks as good as the pics. I have a farkle in mind for the manual if it is bound rather than loose leaf that I'll post after I receive it.

Was yours new? I've seen some knock-offs that I was uncertain of since I could not see them in person.
 
Mine was used but seems brand new to me. No oily fingerprints.
Yours looks fine in the pic but let me know how it works out.
I think you did great with what they're asking.
 
I have looked at eBay for a good price on a manual, and have run across some that are about half price and are new. But some say they come in a three ring binder, which would make me think they are bootlegged/copied/infringement of copyright. Thoughts??

Bob
 
A genuine manual is bound, but is punched with holes. I unbound my '14 (wasn't really fun) but left my '13 bound. They come with 7 holes punched.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
I have looked at eBay for a good price on a manual, and have run across some that are about half price and are new. But some say they come in a three ring binder, which would make me think they are bootlegged/copied/infringement of copyright. Thoughts??

Bob
I undid my CB500XA Honda Service Manual and used a 3-hole punch to fit it in a binder. That makes it lot easy to read because the pages lie flat.

The Honda Service Manual also jumps from section to section which is a PITB with a bound book because it never wants to stay open. I read the pages for jobs I have to do, and then copy the pages that are needed. That way I can place them in order, rather than jumping from one section to another.

The manual pages stay clean, and I don't have to worry about the ones I mess up with my greasy gloves.

I can also add my own pages when a forum member or myself finds an easier or better way of doing something.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
I have looked at eBay for a good price on a manual, and have run across some that are about half price and are new. But some say they come in a three ring binder, which would make me think they are bootlegged/copied/infringement of copyright. Thoughts??

Bob
I would recommend buying the original bound manual, as inconvenient as they might be to use. I bought a "factory" manual for my V-Strom, and it was printed poorly on cheap paper that you could almost see through. And most importantly, the wiring diagram was in black and white - totally useless.

We should expect all printed manuals will soon be replaced by PDFs or online access only. For years, Fiat-Chrysler manuals have been available through online subscription only - alarming and disappointing.
 
Back
Top