The right size saddlebags

Hey Mr Ferret .. have these same bags long with the integrated tail back that clips into the saddlebags. This setup works on my 91 Nighthawk 750, but unfortunately can't use the tail bag on my CB1100 because saddlebag is to far forward (re the darn rear turn signals). Guess I gonna have to move those flippin turn signals back to the license bracket, but don't like the looks of the signals back there. Oh well .. ride on brother :)
 
Thread starter
bflint...attach pieces seperately. I am assuming you can use the tail bag without using the saddlebags via elastic and hooks. At least that's how mine works.They can be used together or seperately. So don't hook them together. Just put bags on, like normal, then put tailpack on using elastic straps attached to the hooks under the guard rails.
 
Honda Lover_imp said:
Had custom leather bags made from Leatherworks.
a095c03cda874ec3f7ae71ae10a141f5.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
I really like those on your bike.
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Honda Lover_imp said:
Had custom leather bags made from Leatherworks.
a095c03cda874ec3f7ae71ae10a141f5.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold

Looks great! How much did these cost you?

Looks great! How much did these cost you?

Bags cost $300 including shipping.
 
I have a lot of years and miles touring across the country on a couple of Honda 750's using a set of Craig Vetter nylon saddlebags.
Now touring on my CB, I got a set of Tourmaster Nylon Cruiser III Box Saddlebags - XL. I love these bags! They are have the capacity to hold everything I need for cross country trips. No need for a tank bag, which I hate. Eliminating the tank bag keeps the weight down lower and improves the handling of the bike and makes for a less cluttered looking bike.
I have them mounted under me seat and I can quickly detach them whenever I need to.
They come with stiff inserts that will keep the bags shape even when they are empty
Another thing I love about them is that they open with a top lid. So many saddlebags unzip from the side on down, making it possible to dump everything out when opened.
These are excellent bags for touring.
If you need smaller bags for everyday use I recommend you check
out Tourmaster Select Saddlebags.
 
zippooriginal_imp said:
I have a lot of years and miles touring across the country on a couple of Honda 750's using a set of Craig Vetter nylon saddlebags.
Now touring on my CB, I got a set of Tourmaster Nylon Cruiser III Box Saddlebags - XL. I love these bags! They are have the capacity to hold everything I need for cross country trips. No need for a tank bag, which I hate. Eliminating the tank bag keeps the weight down lower and improves the handling of the bike and makes for a less cluttered looking bike.
I have them mounted under me seat and I can quickly detach them whenever I need to.
They come with stiff inserts that will keep the bags shape even when they are empty
Another thing I love about them is that they open with a top lid. So many saddlebags unzip from the side on down, making it possible to dump everything out when opened.
These are excellent bags for touring.
If you need smaller bags for everyday use I recommend you check
out Tourmaster Select Saddlebags.
pics?????
 
Hi All, I've recently received and installed the Plot0004 saddlebag brackets and winker relocation bracket from Samurider. These parts installed easily, and I dumped the reflector bracket/license plate holder, bolting the license plate right to the winker bracket.
I've enclosed pics of the bags I installed just because I'm sure nobody else has them on a motorcycle, at least not a Honda.
Carradice of Nelson used to make bags for motorcycles and bicycles, I thought they looked appropriate on my '69 Daytona, but kept them when I sold it.
This is their large bicycle saddlebag, meant to hang on the back of a bicycle saddle, they're fairly watertight, made of treated cotton duck. Under the oversized flap is a large drawstring top made of coated nylon, so it's easy to overload these when necessary.



 
They look good, oldscool.

There's a moment in one of the original Pink Panther films where Clouseau (brilliantly played by Peter Sellars) announces proudly "Others have succeeded where I shall fail! It is the challenge!" It could be my motto.

But today, I've risen to the challenge and fooled Dropbox into thinking it's a photo-hosting site.

So, here without further ado, are oldscool's pictures.

Drum roll.



[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmoi0ld2w7juvi6/2016-10-07%2015.06.09.jpg?dl=0]

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3xgq49yf99zw0k/2016-10-07%2015.06.24.jpg?dl=0]

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfjjnu696nt0e0m/2016-10-07%2015.11.34.jpg?dl=0]
 
Didn't work Cormanus :P
Oldscool, you look pretty young to be oldschool :P. :D

Those bags and signal relocation look great!
 
Looks great oldschool! Do those bags have some sort hanger/bracket to keep them in place and away from the rear wheel?
 
Popgun, thanks, the CB just makes me feel younger. I don't know if you noticed I'm holding a popgun in the photo.
And, Cormanus, thanks for showing me that I really need to get a Photobucket account. I miss Peter Sellers.
curlyjoe_imp said:
Looks great oldschool! Do those bags have some sort hanger/bracket to keep them in place and away from the rear wheel?
Yes, Curly, That's what the Plot0004 brackets do. On my old Triumph I just had a rubber bungee around the fender to each passenger footpeg.
 
Honda Lover_imp said:
Had custom leather bags made from Leatherworks.
a095c03cda874ec3f7ae71ae10a141f5.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
THAT is an absolutely beautiful bike! :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top