The right size saddlebags

DJS_imp said:
they look great.
i too thought that the turn signals were moved.
i am interested in the mounting.
there are alot of straps, not sure which is for what and if the saddlebags connect to the tail bag at all.
could you post a pic of the saddlebags mounted by themselves?
do the straps fit under the seat as well?

TIA
Tail bag comes with 4 connecting points, either to the 4 straps supplied (2x 32" and 2x 28") or to the top of the saddlebags. Tail bag has a rubberized bottom to avoid sliding over the seat.



Each side of the saddlebags has 2 straps on the top and 2 male connecting points to the tail bag.



And it is possible to mount the saddlebags under the seat and still attach the tail bag to them:






And all bags come with a yellow rain cover as well.
And you can mount them a little lower to avoid touching the turn lights.
 
Thread starter
rarely use the centerstand, even rarer to remove the seat. Still I mount my bags on top of the seat so no biggie (3 snaps) to remove them to do either of those things.
 
I don't know if thanks to the forum is in order due to all of the searching, thinking, and deciding on what to get, but I would probably have not made a happy decision without all of the real world experience inputs I have received.

My decision is to get a medium size 30-40L longitudinal duffel type and a larger 50-60L vertical (should I need it), and 1 or 2 sets of straps and a phone/gps waterproof cover. The last items are shown extremely well priced at amazon.

The only question I still have is which duffel to get - the SW-MOTECH 350 35L or the Wolfman Expedition 40L? I guess I would lean towards the Wolfman, but is the increased price 93 vs 127 worth it? Pics follow:


 
Thread starter
don't know about the duffles but Rok Straps are awesome
 
The ferret_imp said:
don't know about the duffles but Rok Straps are awesome
Would you get both or is only 1 of the 2 necessary?
Does the shorter 12-42" do all jobs or does one need a larger strap 18-60" occasionally, but then is its 18" too long at times?
 
Thread starter
I have 3 sets (6 straps total), 2 sets of the wide ones and 1 set of the skinny ones. Can never have too many straps lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have 3 sets (6 straps total), 2 sets of the wide ones and 1 set of the skinny ones. Can never have too many straps lol
That's what I usually think - better to have too many of anything (only $$) instead of "wisha, shoulda, coulda". Thanks. Each package comes with 2 straps. What scenario needs 4 of the large?
 
What scenario needs four of the large? - The one you didn't plan for!!

I still carry a roll of dental floss for emergency lashing - bad habit of either forgetting I'm riding or thinking I can make it fit! Love the straps, much better than bungies or nets.

Check out your local outdoors shops and also the canoe/kayak places - lots of dry bag options and clever ideas that are on closeout now plus you can do the sizing there. I got some at army surplus store. My rain suit lives in a dry bag map case with 4 built in lash points - $3.

Adv rider forum has a flea market section and goodwill has an online store with great stuff.
 
How are these holding up for you?? I really like the fact they can be mounted under the seat....and clear the exhaust...


hdvalente_imp said:
DJS_imp said:
they look great.
i too thought that the turn signals were moved.
i am interested in the mounting.
there are alot of straps, not sure which is for what and if the saddlebags connect to the tail bag at all.
could you post a pic of the saddlebags mounted by themselves?
do the straps fit under the seat as well?

TIA
Tail bag comes with 4 connecting points, either to the 4 straps supplied (2x 32" and 2x 28") or to the top of the saddlebags. Tail bag has a rubberized bottom to avoid sliding over the seat.



Each side of the saddlebags has 2 straps on the top and 2 male connecting points to the tail bag.



And it is possible to mount the saddlebags under the seat and still attach the tail bag to them:






And all bags come with a yellow rain cover as well.
And you can mount them a little lower to avoid touching the turn lights.
Tail bag comes with 4 connecting points, either to the 4 straps supplied (2x 32" and 2x 28") or to the top of the saddlebags. Tail bag has a rubberized bottom to avoid sliding over the seat.



Each side of the saddlebags has 2 straps on the top and 2 male connecting points to the tail bag.



And it is possible to mount the saddlebags under the seat and still attach the tail bag to them:






And all bags come with a yellow rain cover as well.
And you can mount them a little lower to avoid touching the turn lights.
 
I have the same bags (still haven't figured out how to compress a pic so I can post it). I just figured out that you can mount them under the seat if you don't like sitting on the cross strap. That way all of the seat is in view. I don't think a passenger could reach rear pegs with them on though.
 
A-man, do you use Photobucket? Its easy to post pics if you do.

That's the only one I know how to use. Ferret and Cormanus taught me how.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
A-man, do you use Photobucket? Its easy to post pics if you do.

That's the only one I know how to use. Ferret and Cormanus taught me how.
Not what Bubba told me. :P
 
Thread starter
Around town rides? I have taken 3 multi state week long trips using mine.
 
Had custom leather bags made from Leatherworks.
a095c03cda874ec3f7ae71ae10a141f5.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
 
Back
Top