The right size saddlebags

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Finally found a set of soft saddlebags I'm happy with for my CB 1100. Made by Tourmaster they are called the " Select" series. There is also a matching tail bag and Tankbag.

They don't require moving the turn signals, yet still leave plenty of room for the rider. Come with rain covers, leaves plenty of room for stock muffler. Has a reflective stripe at night.





[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/saddlebags4_zps797926e1.jpg.html]


[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/saddlebags3_zps6661a1d7.jpg.html]


Slightly wider than turn signals

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/saddlebags2_zps45be8e77.jpg.html]
 
If you like them so much, go a head and cut the tags off. :P


(we could use a poking gremlin. :) )

They do look nice. As I was looking at your pics, aluminum panniers that would look like Haliburton brief cases would be the bee's knees' on this bike. And expensive. :-/
 
Thread starter
Lol..yep tags are off now. Just sat them on their to see if I liked them since I was told I could return them if hey didn't fit or look good. They are keepers for me.

They don't hold a ton, but for a solo lightweight sport- touring set up, with tanks and tail bags, they are really cool.
 
Thread starter
I lnow crazy huh? Thats my son, the super model. Kids wear the craziest shoes. My gymmers are white like gymmers are supposed to be. He stopped by just as I was trying the bags on the bike. I still can't sit on the CB ( too sharp of a bend for my knee... I can sit on the Majesty scooter though heh heh) so I asked him to sit on the bike so I could see how much room a rider would have.
 
Thread starter
I don't think they would work with a passenger unfortunately.

Funny thing is, my wife went to the store with me, and I was explaing how I thought they'd be the right size, but that I really didn't " need" them, and she says " those look nice, I think you should get them. You never pack enough". Lol..done deal. Thanks babe!
 
Thread starter
Wild..those are my kids feet and his shoes. Hes over here now watching MotoGP with me, and he's wearing them. Crazy kids.
 
Thread starter
Found this nice little video about the bags

 
Found some old bags in the bike shed that never worked out with my other bikes. Moto Centric is the brand and pretty good size for a weekend.
0b4ff43ebf1937899f39f815b3c1a674.jpg

Funny thing still had the tags on them as well.
 
Thread starter
Kind of hard to see in that pic..plus I'm distracted by the awesome background!

How about a close up pic of the bags?
On a side note, it's amazing how just the change to bar ends, alters the profile of this bike.
 
This is a bit better view of the bags along with the a55 ugly Shad 29 top case. Function over form as I bought the Shad case on sale and never put it on my bike as it was so fugly.
Just returned from one of the best rides of my life, four hours of curvy mountain, copless, scenic, minimal traffic, slightly overcast and cool roads life is good! Any of you guys figured out yet the CB has a super sweet spot right about 5500rpm all the way to 8000! Of course one of the bad tempered locals was hanging on the lawn right next to my CB so I had to ask him to move before starting up the bike.

0fe582de3520134b456c352255f1b900.jpg


9c7f08bb39c45abac66725dde1c471fd.jpg


c9f696e68311d993231322e4cf33fba3.jpg
 
Thread starter
Sounds like a perfect day. Wow, those bags are bigger than they looked in the first pic. I don't think the top case looks that bad.

I sooo wish there were moose running in my yard! I only have whitetails, turkeys and coyotes. I want bear, hogs, elk, antelope and moose too! Lol
 
Do these bags make my butt look big?

9b71220341360dadef4c0ac9cfef6c6a.jpg


Still trying to get over sharknado and the idea wildlife is getting revenge on us but but saw the bears and wolfs last week in Jellystone!
 
Thread starter
Yea, they don't look that wide from the back. Do you like them mounted over or under the seat?
 
Under would probably be better option but I was in a hurry family had already left for cabin several hours earlier and the longer I took the deeper I got. That said they have been on all weekend and haven't moved at all.
 
Thread starter
Ive never tried bags under. May have to do that as an experiment.
 
Back
Top