The original CB1100

Actually the fit is so close that they have to take out part of the chrome trim on the bottom of the tank for clearance.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I like the red one on the poster. Lol
I agree if given the choice I would have gone with the original 1969 color of the one i had that got stolen in 1971 , and the Red would be 2nd choice . Gold would have been my 3rd choice but am happy with it and even cost more for some reason ? BTW the tank holds 4.7 Gals so 200 miles is easy
 
My 76 was red or maroon with black and white striping
 
Cormanus_imp said:
emullick_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
Good luck with the new seat and hope it fits you well .
I have the K10 seat and it is taller than the only other CB1100 i have ever seen both front and back.
I am confused, the bike looks like my old 750K1, (dry sump with oil tank), but the motor is dohc, not the original sohc. ???
I am confused, the bike looks like my old 750K1, (dry sump with oil tank), but the motor is dohc, not the original sohc. ???
use2b's bike is a 2013 standard that has been customised with the Whitehouse kit to make it look like the K1. It's a beautiful job. Forum member beardyweirdy has a similarly modified bike, although with other custom features as well.
I am confused, the bike looks like my old 750K1, (dry sump with oil tank), but the motor is dohc, not the original sohc. ???
use2b's bike is a 2013 standard that has been customised with the Whitehouse kit to make it look like the K1. It's a beautiful job. Forum member beardyweirdy has a similarly modified bike, although with other custom features as well.
I saw these kits last night thanks to this forum. They're amazing - but I don't have that sort of money simply to mod-out a perfectly working/new bike. For that sort of money plus a couple of grand, I'd rather just get an original CB750!
I am confused, the bike looks like my old 750K1, (dry sump with oil tank), but the motor is dohc, not the original sohc. ???
use2b's bike is a 2013 standard that has been customised with the Whitehouse kit to make it look like the K1. It's a beautiful job. Forum member beardyweirdy has a similarly modified bike, although with other custom features as well.
I saw these kits last night thanks to this forum. They're amazing - but I don't have that sort of money simply to mod-out a perfectly working/new bike. For that sort of money plus a couple of grand, I'd rather just get an original CB750!
No doubt, they're fabulous kits - just too pricey for me. I'll just watch and drool from afar. Lol.
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I like the red one on the poster. Lol
I agree if given the choice I would have gone with the original 1969 color of the one i had that got stolen in 1971 , and the Red would be 2nd choice . Gold would have been my 3rd choice but am happy with it and even cost more for some reason ? BTW the tank holds 4.7 Gals so 200 miles is easy
I agree if given the choice I would have gone with the original 1969 color of the one i had that got stolen in 1971 , and the Red would be 2nd choice . Gold would have been my 3rd choice but am happy with it and even cost more for some reason ? BTW the tank holds 4.7 Gals so 200 miles is easy
I LOVE this machine! Now why doesn't Honda just do....THAT!? Thanks for posting.
 
Yes, my only complaint about the CD is the seat. I used to have a Suzi DL1000, and that seat was really, really comfortable. Gonna try an Airhawk.
 
Consider me a fan of the 2013 model over the 2014/2017, after owning four 2014 models and one 2017.

I have my first 2013 model, 2100 miles, bought used at a dealer. Needed some serious TLC, which I gladly imparted on this new steed.

The looks of the bike are stunning, the quality of the paint on the 2013 model is superior to the 2014 model for sure, which would scratch using a microfiber cloth...the "candy apple red" tank is glorious.

I love the beautiful rims....

I prefer the simpler dash too....

Most of all, I am shocked I like the 5 speed gearbox better....it stays in a higher rev range which makes riding the bike sportier than the more sedate 2014 model...which I would kick into 6th and just putt around...

But...MPG is virtually the same so far!

So glad I took a chance on this bike!!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
So, if I calculated correctly, total six CBs?...and all of those had RLETS? :P
Not a one, sad to say
GoldOxide_imp said:
DaSwami: Four 2014 CB1100s? Wow, you must have really enjoyed 'em. :)
First of all I have a sickness, do not try this at home.

The CB1100 checked all the boxes on paper, but, being true to myself, I don't like black!! I also got "bored" with the lazy engine character with the 6 speed gearbox. The bike begs to be short shifted and let the flat torque curve just putter you along. The 5 speed had me searching for 6th, but it became "oh, I just need to give it the beans and wind it up" to achieve speed. I like the engine feel much better adding the 750ish more rpm at a given speed in top gear. Does that make sense?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
So, if I calculated correctly, total six CBs?...and all of those had RLETS? :P
Not a one, sad to say
GoldOxide_imp said:
DaSwami: Four 2014 CB1100s? Wow, you must have really enjoyed 'em. :)
First of all I have a sickness, do not try this at home.

The CB1100 checked all the boxes on paper, but, being true to myself, I don't like black!! I also got "bored" with the lazy engine character with the 6 speed gearbox. The bike begs to be short shifted and let the flat torque curve just putter you along. The 5 speed had me searching for 6th, but it became "oh, I just need to give it the beans and wind it up" to achieve speed. I like the engine feel much better adding the 750ish more rpm at a given speed in top gear. Does that make sense?
First of all I have a sickness, do not try this at home.

The CB1100 checked all the boxes on paper, but, being true to myself, I don't like black!! I also got "bored" with the lazy engine character with the 6 speed gearbox. The bike begs to be short shifted and let the flat torque curve just putter you along. The 5 speed had me searching for 6th, but it became "oh, I just need to give it the beans and wind it up" to achieve speed. I like the engine feel much better adding the 750ish more rpm at a given speed in top gear. Does that make sense?
Black CB1100 - understood.

Boring 6 speed - I would drop down to 5th on freeway cruising when bored.

5 speed searching for 6th - understood.

Yep.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Consider me a fan of the 2013 model over the 2014/2017, after owning four 2014 models and one 2017.

I have my first 2013 model, 2100 miles, bought used at a dealer. Needed some serious TLC, which I gladly imparted on this new steed.

The looks of the bike are stunning, the quality of the paint on the 2013 model is superior to the 2014 model for sure, which would scratch using a microfiber cloth...the "candy apple red" tank is glorious.

I love the beautiful rims....

I prefer the simpler dash too....

Most of all, I am shocked I like the 5 speed gearbox better....it stays in a higher rev range which makes riding the bike sportier than the more sedate 2014 model...which I would kick into 6th and just putt around...

But...MPG is virtually the same so far!

So glad I took a chance on this bike!!
pictures, pal, give us pics !!!
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Consider me a fan of the 2013 model over the 2014/2017, after owning four 2014 models and one 2017.

I have my first 2013 model, 2100 miles, bought used at a dealer. Needed some serious TLC, which I gladly imparted on this new steed.

The looks of the bike are stunning, the quality of the paint on the 2013 model is superior to the 2014 model for sure, which would scratch using a microfiber cloth...the "candy apple red" tank is glorious.

I love the beautiful rims....

I prefer the simpler dash too....

Most of all, I am shocked I like the 5 speed gearbox better....it stays in a higher rev range which makes riding the bike sportier than the more sedate 2014 model...which I would kick into 6th and just putt around...

But...MPG is virtually the same so far!

So glad I took a chance on this bike!!
Thank you, D'Swami for validating my purchase. Two years ago when I found my low-mileage '13, I did not know about the other years and models, but I loved the bike at first sight. Meanwhile, as I learn about other years, I began to worry that I might have looked for a '17 to get all the "latest" up-grades. I am not a fan of the black, but did see one in a local showroom last year and it looked spectacular in the flesh.
After an unpleasant experience with BMW abs, I am glad I did not get one with abs.
So, I am very happy with my 2013 and the knowledge that the basic platform can satisfy so many diverging tastes.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
So, if I calculated correctly, total six CBs?...and all of those had RLETS? :P
Not a one, sad to say
GoldOxide_imp said:
DaSwami: Four 2014 CB1100s? Wow, you must have really enjoyed 'em. :)
First of all I have a sickness, do not try this at home.

The CB1100 checked all the boxes on paper, but, being true to myself, I don't like black!! I also got "bored" with the lazy engine character with the 6 speed gearbox. The bike begs to be short shifted and let the flat torque curve just putter you along. The 5 speed had me searching for 6th, but it became "oh, I just need to give it the beans and wind it up" to achieve speed. I like the engine feel much better adding the 750ish more rpm at a given speed in top gear. Does that make sense?
Not a one, sad to say
The Force is not in balance :dodgy:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
So, if I calculated correctly, total six CBs?...and all of those had RLETS? :P
Not a one, sad to say
GoldOxide_imp said:
DaSwami: Four 2014 CB1100s? Wow, you must have really enjoyed 'em. :)
First of all I have a sickness, do not try this at home.

The CB1100 checked all the boxes on paper, but, being true to myself, I don't like black!! I also got "bored" with the lazy engine character with the 6 speed gearbox. The bike begs to be short shifted and let the flat torque curve just putter you along. The 5 speed had me searching for 6th, but it became "oh, I just need to give it the beans and wind it up" to achieve speed. I like the engine feel much better adding the 750ish more rpm at a given speed in top gear. Does that make sense?
Not a one, sad to say
The Force is not in balance :dodgy:
Not a one, sad to say
The Force is not in balance :dodgy:
Interesting statements here?

The more pairs of successfully mounted RLETs on all the Hondas, the more access to the Force?
 
Welcome back aboard, DaSwami. Black is a difficult colour. It shows the dirt and other marks more readily than any other colour.
 
Glad to be back, amongst the nicest motorcycle people on the interwebs! :D

I also have a theory, that the "last" year made of a particular model run is the "best", so 2013 CB1100, 2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Jeep Patriot, etc.

Not true with the Dodge Cummins though, as everyone knows the first year of the Gen 3 (2003) is the best they ever made....so an unproven theory for sure :rolleyes:

One thing concerning about the 2013 CB, is has the original tires, which are now over ten years old. I let the dealer have it that those should have been replaced, for safety and ethical reasons. Was I out of line?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Glad to be back, amongst the nicest motorcycle people on the interwebs! :D

I also have a theory, that the "last" year made of a particular model run is the "best", so 2013 CB1100, 2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Jeep Patriot, etc.

Not true with the Dodge Cummins though, as everyone knows the first year of the Gen 3 (2003) is the best they ever made....so an unproven theory for sure :rolleyes:

One thing concerning about the 2013 CB, is has the original tires, which are now over ten years old. I let the dealer have it that those should have been replaced, for safety and ethical reasons. Was I out of line?
I don’t think so. Especially since they would be the first ones to point it out if you were selling it to them and how they would tell you they have to give you less because they have to replace them before selling. (That’s a lot of “theys” in there.)
 
Back
Top