The One That Got Away

In retrospective the VT1100 C3 Honda Shadow was a good bike. I sold it. Rode to Gibraltar over 10.000km in a 3 week summer trip with it and never had an issue. Liked its shaft drive and hydraulic valves. An easy to maintain and reliable bike as a Honda.

What I don't like on the long run where its vibrations, fuel consumption and the chopper riding positon. Nevertheless it was a good one and I should have kept it.

Otherwise, if I wouldn't have sold it, I would not ride the CB. One developed out of the other. Although the CB doesn't have the 2 mentioned components I prefer, it is overall the better motorbike for me.
 
It seems every time I sell a bike with no intention of replacing it, the empty void in my garage screams out for another bike and I gladly relent. Thus, my revolving door of motorbike ownership continues unabated. It’s not my fault.
 
Thread starter
Great stories about great bikes. Each story, each bike, each rider unique. Doesn't get any better than this.
 
Back
Top