The Letter Of The Day is S

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
From this morning's ride

e271cc2ab7f109d7df1f775d147b4fbc.jpg


0987648d2b9a3cd7740f9aef86b664c7.jpg


0f3f7d25af6d0ffe959b991907f99833.jpg


97cee5c93374edc198052c06270017ee.jpg


56d74bbe3c5258d4d4a2a820cc020548.jpg


3bd7f627315a24c56f9ab002cf051028.jpg


3247efb7d3cc07117bb70046489586d7.jpg


5eb4ddc0b73215f86bf7f7bae4ec82b3.jpg


3a73e9e6313663d72a9237ac79bb8d21.jpg


e4518bbb23b38edd500834ecc60e8980.jpg


9f2fcab25beedbd2075fa34308ce6be4.jpg
 
That’s looks great, ferret. Fabulous roads! Certainly looks better than my ride yesterday — 400 miles down and back to La Junta, CO, on the barren high plains of southeast Colorado. Roads as straight as an arrow, broken pavement and expansion joints that would rattle your fillings out, not a tree in sight for miles and miles, and threatening black storm clouds all around. I got home tired and sore only to realize my headlight was out. I won’t do that again.
 
Thread starter
Yea we are kind of blessed with interesting roads to ride here. It's not North Carolina but it isn't bad and I'm just a few hours from Berea, Kentucky where we held the CB rally (and northern Kentucky which is about 1/2 hour from my place), and SE Ohio which is where this years rally will be, and West Virginia which has some great roads as well. The CB is just perfect for these 45-55 mph back roads.

I did a 50 mile loop this morning and took all those pics (and more) on that one loop.
 
Great pics indeed. You've probably mentioned it elsewhere, but how do you capture images while you're riding?
 
LongRanger_imp said:
That’s looks great, ferret. Fabulous roads! Certainly looks better than my ride yesterday — 400 miles down and back to La Junta, CO, on the barren high plains of southeast Colorado. Roads as straight as an arrow, broken pavement and expansion joints that would rattle your fillings out, not a tree in sight for miles and miles, and threatening black storm clouds all around. I got home tired and sore only to realize my headlight was out. I won’t do that again.
Colorado is know and the Rocky Mountain state, but people forget that almost half of it is high plains! Sounds like a good mission for a big Harley or Indian...need a bike that weighs enough to pound the expansion joints back into the ground. :)
 
Thread starter
tommymck_imp said:
Great pics indeed. You've probably mentioned it elsewhere, but how do you capture images while you're riding?
a point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck

d52e1c456468690e5e4bab32fbb2efff.jpg


5f275d8fabce4f4caf608a090874de75.jpg


c3c1d277dc3ddf14b301cf0202514072.jpg


10e29b5869bda651f27ed30293265e06.jpg
 
Back
Top