The Glory of Spring

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ran errands yesterday in the P/U. The roadsides are really looking lovely; wildflowers everywhere and the pecan trees are leafing out as proof of warm days to come. Today I had to cover the same ground by two wheels. Too beautiful out to do otherwise. The route was east of home toward Wayne County where the sweet onions are being harvested now, filling the air with their aroma. Red clover is at it's peak now also, lining many roads and covering fields.

Strolling in the clover.


[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_3_zpsowk1n9cg.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_2_zpsvcy2fxko.jpg.html]

Tractors at an onion field have just finished turning up the crop for harvest.
[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_9_zpslhqnbguf.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_10_zpsrmrl3prr.jpg.html]

Here, the onions are being placed in boxes then loaded on to flat bed trucks and taken to cold storage.
[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_17_zps5inm2nxy.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_18_zpsbynar97e.jpg.html]

Time to head to Patterson for a haircut before going home for lunch with Sparky.
[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_13_zps80vet8jr.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_20_zpsrrl7hzvd.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumpshooter/media/Day%20Trips/20160418_22_zpsbboiqcsm.jpg.html]
 
Ahhhhhh looks so peaceful. Everytime I see photos like these I am glad I don't live in a city.

Thanks for the reminder redbirds.
 
Great photos, redbirds. What a glorious day and scenery to match. There's something very revitalizing about the first touches of spring.
 
In the Spring a livelier iris changes on the burnish'd dove; In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of long rides on his CB. Alfred Tennyson, Locksley Hall (1835, published 1842), Stanza 9.

Cheers
 
^^^ Don't ask for a picture of the consequences.
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
Great pics redbirds! :thumbsup:

Ferret, how about a bacon wrapped vidalia onion!
Oh yeah! Baked with a big dab of butter in the center and some ranch dressing for dipping, a Blue Moon in a frozen mug to wash it down. Heaven!
 
I didn't think it was possible to ruin bacon, but you have proven that it is indeed possible. Also in the south they figured out how to ruin peanuts. Boil them.
 
Oh man Ferret. As soon as the Vidalias hit the stores here I'm going to be making one of those. Never had one like that. Mmmmmmmm
 
Back
Top