the Ferret
Road warrior
I went on a tour with a friend who was riding his 1200 Sportster modified with mid controls and 1 1/2" longer rear shocks (trying to make a standard out of it). I was on my 13 CB 1100. At one point we switched bikes for about an hour. When we pulled back over and switched back I said "what do you think?" and he said "The only thing those two bikes have in common is they are both motorcycles. The CB is better in every measurable way. It's like an electric motorcycle. It accelerates better, brakes better, it's smoother, it's handles better, what a nice motorcycle". Then he had to ride his Sportster again for the next 6 days and 1500 miles. As soon as we got back home he sold it on Craigslist to a guy in New York and he bought a Kawasaki Versys.(he has since sold that and now rides a GS1200A BMW lol)
Now I must admit, his mid mount pegs suited me better than the CB's slightly rear pegs (his was like sitting in a chair) and the rear brake on that Harley was great (powerful) compared to the rear brake on my CB, but other than that, he was right on every point.
Now I must admit, his mid mount pegs suited me better than the CB's slightly rear pegs (his was like sitting in a chair) and the rear brake on that Harley was great (powerful) compared to the rear brake on my CB, but other than that, he was right on every point.