Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ride,ride4now_imp said:Chip... we all have great looking CB's, but yours is really special. I'm generally not a fan of modified bikes, preferring the stock look because I've found that when one modifies their bike, they often only do it half way. When that happens, it ends up looking out of balance and not as the designers intended. But yours looks really good... it's easy to look at, the lines are clean, and the visual cues are very smooth. Very, very nice! And even though it gets ridden, it's 'clean' too. I like that!


South,southwend_imp said:Very nice. I too often just look at the art of the motorcycle. Do the handlebars offer any more pull back than stock? I think an extra inch or so would work for me. I also like the stock look you've maintained with the addition of so many tastefully done parts. I know that eventually I will need to add more efficient intake filters, now that I have an Arrow slip on as well as a new map, the flood gates will soon open, but like yours, and the Thruxton I owned previously, just enough to allow the engine to function the way it should without the EPA mandated constrictions.
Now the hard part for you, can you call it done?
Duffy,Duffy_imp said:Nice...So is the silver Road Comet fairing a custom paint job, or available in silver from Samurider?
Yep...my wallet is gonna be "Chip Beck Spec'd" before I'm done.Ron in MO_imp said:I am a new forum member and soon (this Thursday) to be owner of a 2013 CB1100. Your bike is an inspiration to me on the personalization changes I have planed fort mine. It's forum members like you who help us all learn from your experiences that make owning one more fun. You have beautiful CB1100 and I hope mine turns out as good as yours!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dirt,dirt road_imp said:Yep...my wallet is gonna be "Chip Beck Spec'd" before I'm done.Ron in MO_imp said:I am a new forum member and soon (this Thursday) to be owner of a 2013 CB1100. Your bike is an inspiration to me on the personalization changes I have planed fort mine. It's forum members like you who help us all learn from your experiences that make owning one more fun. You have beautiful CB1100 and I hope mine turns out as good as yours!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chip,EGAlvarez_imp said:Could we get some more intel regarding the rear tail light? Vendor? Cost?
ChipBeck' pid='112599' dateline='1448249040 said:Gentlemen,
It has now been over two and half years since I acquired my 2013 CB1100. The day I purchased it I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted it to look like when I was finished. I didn’t think it would take this long but some of the mods were more difficult than I anticipated and my work schedule limited the amount of time I was able to work on it. It would have taken twice as long and not turned out as well without the collective knowledge garnered from this forum. I had multiple goals that occasionally conflicted with one another. Visual aesthetics, function, and rider comfort all needed to be combined in a package that did not change the basic early 1970’s character of the bike. The finished product needed to look as stock as possible after eliminating some elements that I found visually or functionally objectionable. I considered starting over with a '14 six speed bike but many of the visual details I find most appealing on the CB11 disappear on the blacked out 2014 standard and I don’t like the shape of the gas tank or the single tone engine and wheels on the 2014 deluxe. I don’t object to the five-speed transmission per se but I think top gear is way too low on the 2013 bikes. After changing the gearing I am much happier with the ‘13 CB11. Many of my mods are detailed in the “how to” section of this forum if any member wishes to duplicate some of them. Some of my mods are simple, quick, and easy and some of them required a considerable amount of work.
I am interested in member’s comments, both good and bad, and I’m not thin-skinned so please fire away with what you think. All modifications are the personal preference of the rider and there is certainly no right or wrong. Below are listed the 21 modifications that made the final cut on my CB1100. I made many more but some of them were reversed and others were changed and revised. So here ya go……
1. Removed all stickers from the fuel tank.
2. Removed front fork slider reflectors.
3. Removed stock handlebars and replaced them with genuine Honda CB-500F flat black handlebars that retained the stock bar-end weights and dampening system.
4. Removed stock chrome rear view mirrors and replaced them with genuine Honda CB-500F flat black rear view mirrors that are lower and slightly wider.
5. Removed the huge stock plastic taillight and the stock license plate bracket with all of its reflectors that obscured most of the chrome rear fender and replaced them with a Lucas type hooded chrome metal taillight with an integral license plate bracket that is smaller and lies flush with the rear fender.
6. Removed all 4 of the jumbo plastic turn signals and replaced them with Lockhart Phillips polished aluminum turn signals that have a similar shape but are much smaller. These signals use the same bulb as the stock turn signals and are just as bright.
7. Removed the stock seat that I thought was visually perfect but functionally unacceptable as it had me constantly sliding forward into the gas tank and uncomfortable for multi-hour rides. Had a Corbin seat made to my personal specifications (Chip Beck Spec) that looked as stock as possible and is comfortable all day. I also purchased a K&H seat but much preferred the Corbin.
8. Attached battery tender cables to the stock battery to facilitate battery tender use without removing the seat.
9. Installed a flat black license plate frame with stainless steel hardware to match other flat black elements on the bike such as my mirrors, handlebars, fuel injector covers, and engine.
10. Installed a 7th Gear Design 19 tooth steel front sprocket which raised final gearing 5%.
11. Installed a 7th Gear design 37 tooth steel rear sprocket which raised final gearing an additional 5.5%. The combination of those two sprockets raised my final gearing 10.5% and lowered RPM at 70 mph from 4000 to 3600 RPM.
12. Removed the charcoal colored, plastic left hand rear engine side case and replaced it with the polished aluminum
