the Ferret
Road warrior
include it Cormanus and maybe us die hard land lubbers will come to appreciate what sailing means to others
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nice story. Nice ending.Charlie Bravo_imp said:On Memorial Day last year, I rode my BMW to the Rose Hills cemetery to visit the grave of a friend of mine, killed in 'Nam. I typically bring a tallboy beer that I share with his spirit by pouring a bit on the grave. Fixing to leave, I went over to the bike, which was parked on a crowned road. I opened the hard bag on the left to put my hat and crushed beer can in there and get out my jacket, then when I closed it I had to nudge it closed with a knee. That's when it started tipping away from me and due to the camber, went all the way over. I couldn't lift it against the camber and there was no place to get a grip on it for a reverse lift, you know, walk it upright with your back against it. Being it was a very nice Memorial Day, there were a lot of people visiting graves. Rose Hills places a flag on the grave of every veteran. As I stood there huffing and puffing, a stocky young Latina woman offered to help. I was dubious, but, OK let's try it. The two of us got it upright. The only damage was to the right-side mirror pod, which had popped out of its break-away mount. I tapped it back in, noted some scratching, but was on my way again, thanks to the kindness of strangers.