The Cheese Weasels Do Death Valley

Stichill, YOU'RE the Futtermeister? Alert to my fellow CB'ers: This dude can RIDE.

Interesting. I never connected the dots.

I too have two aliases, one on this forum and another on F800riders.

You and I have traded dialogue on both sites many times.

Here's a clue to my alter-ego: Have you tried using silicone adhesive yet?
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Stichill, YOU'RE the Futtermeister? Alert to my fellow CB'ers: This dude can RIDE.

Interesting. I never connected the dots.

I too have two aliases, one on this forum and another on F800riders.

You and I have traded dialogue on both sites many times.

Here's a clue to my alter-ego: Have you tried using silicone adhesive yet?
Ha ha - gear shifter! I've known your 800-alias from way back when I said the '14 DLX was discontinued (so I bought an F800GT instead) and you charged out and got yourself a cherry '14 DLX ASAP. Kindred spirits! I think the roster of people who like F800GT's and CB1100's has got to be a very, very, very short list.

LongRanger_imp said:
Stichill, YOU'RE the Futtermeister? Alert to my fellow CB'ers: This dude can RIDE.

Interesting. I never connected the dots.

I too have two aliases, one on this forum and another on F800riders.

You and I have traded dialogue on both sites many times.

Here's a clue to my alter-ego: Have you tried using silicone adhesive yet?
High praise coming from you...not sure I deserve it! :blush:
 
Stichill_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Stichill, YOU'RE the Futtermeister? Alert to my fellow CB'ers: This dude can RIDE.

Interesting. I never connected the dots.

I too have two aliases, one on this forum and another on F800riders.

You and I have traded dialogue on both sites many times.

Here's a clue to my alter-ego: Have you tried using silicone adhesive yet?
Ha ha - gear shifter! I've known your 800-alias from way back when I said the '14 DLX was discontinued (so I bought an F800GT instead) and you charged out and got yourself a cherry '14 DLX ASAP. Kindred spirits! I think the roster of people who like F800GT's and CB1100's has got to be a very, very, very short list.

LongRanger_imp said:
Stichill, YOU'RE the Futtermeister? Alert to my fellow CB'ers: This dude can RIDE.

Interesting. I never connected the dots.

I too have two aliases, one on this forum and another on F800riders.

You and I have traded dialogue on both sites many times.

Here's a clue to my alter-ego: Have you tried using silicone adhesive yet?
High praise coming from you...not sure I deserve it! :blush:
Agreed, but if you recall, it was actually a three-way for a while...

 
Thread starter
No way! If I knew that I'd forgotten!

4c2c8bbce009563142afb52f7183e267.jpg
 
Not to horn in on this bromance, but I believe I knew Stichill from the CBR250r forum. And the F800GT might be (might be) my wife's next bike.
Oh, and there's still at least one room available at the Eureka Springs rally. Just sayin
 
Great report Stichill. Thanks for the link. Amazing looking country, although the idea of riding in a sand storm does not appeal.

Can you help an Australian understand what a cheese weasel is?
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Not to horn in on this bromance, but I believe I knew Stichill from the CBR250r forum. And the F800GT might be (might be) my wife's next bike.
Oh, and there's still at least one room available at the Eureka Springs rally. Just sayin
Yes, before you bought your CB1100! Same alias. F800GT handles remarkably like the CBR250R and does not feel much bigger from the saddle. Looks like I'm out on the rally due to family commitments out of state. :(

Cormanus_imp said:
Great report Stichill. Thanks for the link. Amazing looking country, although the idea of riding in a sand storm does not appeal.

Can you help an Australian understand what a cheese weasel is?
Chapomis_imp said:
A small rodent that puts the holes in Swiss cheese ?
It was an offhand joke by one of the guys' wives. She saw a photo of the motley crew and said "What a bunch of cheese weasels!" Somehow it stuck and now that's the name of our little club.

T-shirt logo
f760ec8f973cd936eb80e065725ec982.jpg


Club sticker
034a6c756016d4060cc13988c2295429.jpg
 
Awesome report and pictures Stichill. Looks like a worthwhile trip someday.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, ferret! I'd say it's a definite bucket-list ride for anyone living in North America.
 
Between this and the Colorado passes looks like I need to spend a few weeks out west. This year I hope to do Nebraska, South Dakota (Badlands loop) and North Dakota (Theodore Roosevelt park) at least. Plus the Arkansas rally, That will knock out 4 of the 8 states i need to complete the lower 48. The other 4 are on the east coast (next year maybe?)
 
Thread starter
Sounds like a terrific upper plains ride, holding all kinds of adventure! So many roads and places off the beaten path...
 
Oh, sorry, Chapomis. I meant to acknowledge your insight. :P
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great report Stichill. Thanks for the link. Amazing looking country, although the idea of riding in a sand storm does not appeal.

Can you help an Australian understand what a cheese weasel is?
Riding through the sandstorm looked almost exactly like this video someone took in March of 2016.

 
Kinda like riding in fog, but more abrasive! Can't imagine it's good for the bike. What does it do to the chrome and paintwork?
 
Thread starter
It didn't really hurt the chrome and paint as far as I could tell, but it made the belt drive squeak for a while. I'm sure the air cleaner needed to be replaced as well. The Tiger was chain drive and that probably got the worst of it. The paint was subject to scratching where the sand was trapped between the paint and the rider's legs.
 
It wasn't that warm today, but the sun shining 'til the early evening made it enjoyable riding my W800 instead of the CB. One of the last stops at the sea, the Baltic Sea, before I'll return home.



Wisedrum
 
Back
Top