The Cheese Weasels Do Big Bend, Texas

Thread starter
Thanks guys...glad you’re enjoying the virtual ride! The great thing about deserts is they are out of the ordinary for most of us...really gives you that feeling of freedom and the open road to endless possibilities.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
How far between gas stops?
They Harleys could go at least 200 miles on a tank of premium. We got gas in Marathon, and there was also gas in the park at Panther Junction.

Once we got inside the park, made our way to the trailhead for Lost Mine Trail. One of our guys really wanted to hike the 2 miles up to the peak, so we all decided to go. I didn't bring hiking boots so I made the trek in my riding boots. Actually they weren't so bad as the ankle support was excellent. I just looked like a dork in shorts and riding boots. :P

40307695492a11cd3b85c8b46f46f782.jpg


09feec4f83763a46faf511950917957e.jpg


408fd6a8c780b470651864be0c386a33.jpg


889ad39f2a94ab7590d34b0a4b092333.jpg


It took us about 1-1/2 hours to ascend, 1/2 hour at the top, and about an hour back down.
We parked at the trailhead of Lost Mine Trail, which was very busy in the morning (before the heat rose as noon approached). Two of us parked at the far end on a fairly sloping grade, which felt hairy while backing that behemoth Harley. One guy parked in a large-ish space between two cars parallel parked, and one parked snugged next to an official park vehicle.

I've tried to put these trails pics more or less in order of ascent, peak, and descent. The peak is the panorama and the one right before it.

979c670521264628b6daa85cc836702e.jpg


710c460f8ad7ab63428241901a27efbe.jpg


88acbe4ba3d26f942b52cc91fae5fcdd.jpg


935d3dfa9c4956392eecf450e2e809a6.jpg


d2c993dd0a55f623ae0bcafce8cc024a.jpg


fa8b8182acb2d18fa2f379aa312794ce.jpg


80b7c827334f9eaf272f2e87a56f3982.jpg


ba3b464dbedbd0cc4ece7382d9674907.jpg


6eda29f96e68babced3fd076e16902b4.jpg


93e5673f1f616f508e7bc747c92a86b4.jpg


9e1ba23d8779eed2384423d1c70003b5.jpg


8c29981b87a8f6afa8c8072f02a93987.jpg


a748d84ff5554da72b1cf0b02185f46d.jpg

Here is the second of two times I nearly dropped the bike. The angle we're parked at doesn't look too bad in this pic, but trust me the lot sloped to the right and toward the rear of the bike. It was tough for me to get my right foot down with my short legs. As I mentioned before, the bike would only start in Neutral, so I lifted the bike off the stand, stowed it, put the transmission in Neutral, and started the bike. OK, ready to ride. I picked up my left foot and put in on the floorboard, prior to pulling in the clutch and slipping it into First. Well, my heel caught the heel shifter and popped the bike into Second, causing it to lurch forward. Miraculously - again - I somehow pulled in the clutch and halted forward progress. But, before I could get a hand on the brake, the bike slid backward due to the slope of the lot. Bam! I grabbed the brake before it hit the curb with the rear tire. Whew! Harleys are too dramatic for this guy! :dodgy:

36fc91e7aae53c570aaa4684041a7a83.jpg
 
That...is an astounding series of scenery photos. Still can't believe you are in Texas, doesn't look like Texas to me.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That...is an astounding series of scenery photos. Still can't believe you are in Texas, doesn't look like Texas to me.
Having been to every corner of Texas, it is a state that never ceases to amaze with it's diversity. Swamps, bayous and great pine forests in the east to open plains that suddenly morph into canyons to the north. The marvelous Hill Country of the Edwards Plateau, the Davis Mountains north of The Big Bend and the lovely Guadalupe National Park on the border with New Mexico. Texas, it's a whole other country.
 
Thread starter
Yeah Big Bend is a place apart from the rest of Texas in many ways. It's an extension of the ecosystem of the Chihuahuan Desert. The [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chisos_Mountains]Chisos Mountains are entirely contained within the park boundaries, and are sometimes counted as a northern extension of Mexico's [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_del_Carmen]Sierra del Carmen.


After coming down off the mountain, it was getting close to 2:00pm and we were hungry. Luckily, the restaurant at Chisos Mountains Lodge was nearby, so off we headed to grab a bite.





I had a plate of enchiladas with refried beans and a baked jalapeño pepper on top. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either...about what you'd expect from a national park restaurant.

Sitting next to us was a retired couple from Germany. After a long consultation with the waitress, the man ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. When the meal came, he wasn't happy. He was mad that the steak was breaded and fried, and mad that there was white gravy poured over everything. And he was mad that the Texas Toast was just thick, floppy, oily white bread. He tried to pick all the breading off the meat and scrape off all the gravy. Finally he said, "This is $&!+." We said, "It's not what you ordered?" He said, "Gravy, gravy, gravy, gravy! Why? And soft bread! No good bread! No good bread in America! No, wait...I can get good bread at H*E*B. H...E...B. Only H.E.B has good bread! Not this $&!+!"

We just shrugged and felt bad that the guy was letting something like that ruin his day. He said they'd been here five months...I guess he was just homesick.
 
Thread starter
Day 3 - 25 March 2018 - Sierra del Carmen & the Rio Grande

After lunch, we saddled up and headed back around through Panther Junction and southeast toward the Rio Grande Visitor Center.

e36c9e9ab3f2d760d47a2211e78ff59a.jpg


ce463a714ddef6ad8545735a1ae5bffa.jpg


23a5babd2243c58f4e7a199d022c1375.jpg

Coming down toward the river, you see this expansive view of Sierra del Carmen on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande.

It was getting hotter (the mercury was moving above 95 degrees F) and we were keen to find out if we could go swimming in the river. We parked the bikes at "Daniel's Ranch" and made our way to the water's edge.

8fd686dc186fb30bad9de061816c4d55.jpg


f85033c5a89abde59bb817584f19505b.jpg


9d6c52e5c286da1366abad5c81191bfe.jpg


d0980d176558944f6a6dcdf7103122e9.jpg


Two guys brought their swim trunks. I'd forgotten mine, but luckily I was wearing black polyester sport boxer briefs, which looked essentially like swim trunks and and could dry out just as fast if not faster.

We walked out onto a slippery rock and entered the water. It was only 2-3 feet deep. The bottom was muddy ooze until you got out about 4 or 5 feet, then it changed to clean sand. The current was fairly swift, making us work to hold our positions. We theorized that the center of the river was the international boundary with Mexico, so we "swam into Mexico" and yelled back at our non-participating buddy still on shore in the U.S. Then the two other guys decided to make landfall in Mexico on a sandbar. I decided that fun as that sounded, I was only a quick dive away from re-entering the US. :rofl:

b851af78322f644df0ec8e17f1e2ec10.jpg

That's me in the center of the border-jumpers.

8495783683c604f372f8ab797c22998a.jpg

Making landfall on the Mexico side.
 
Stichill_imp said:
Yeah Big Bend is a place apart from the rest of Texas in many ways. It's an extension of the ecosystem of the Chihuahuan Desert. The [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chisos_Mountains]Chisos Mountains are entirely contained within the park boundaries, and are sometimes counted as a northern extension of Mexico's [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_del_Carmen]Sierra del Carmen.


After coming down off the mountain, it was getting close to 2:00pm and we were hungry. Luckily, the restaurant at Chisos Mountains Lodge was nearby, so off we headed to grab a bite.





I had a plate of enchiladas with refried beans and a baked jalapeño pepper on top. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either...about what you'd expect from a national park restaurant.

Sitting next to us was a retired couple from Germany. After a long consultation with the waitress, the man ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. When the meal came, he wasn't happy. He was mad that the steak was breaded and fried, and mad that there was white gravy poured over everything. And he was mad that the Texas Toast was just thick, floppy, oily white bread. He tried to pick all the breading off the meat and scrape off all the gravy. Finally he said, "This is $&!+." We said, "It's not what you ordered?" He said, "Gravy, gravy, gravy, gravy! Why? And soft bread! No good bread! No good bread in America! No, wait...I can get good bread at H*E*B. H...E...B. Only H.E.B has good bread! Not this $&!+!"

We just shrugged and felt bad that the guy was letting something like that ruin his day. He said they'd been here five months...I guess he was just homesick.

That is about my favorite meal. Texas Comfort Food. So sorry he couldn't enjoy the local eccentricities. "When in Rome..."
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Yeah Big Bend is a place apart from the rest of Texas in many ways. It's an extension of the ecosystem of the Chihuahuan Desert. The [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chisos_Mountains]Chisos Mountains are entirely contained within the park boundaries, and are sometimes counted as a northern extension of Mexico's [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_del_Carmen]Sierra del Carmen.


After coming down off the mountain, it was getting close to 2:00pm and we were hungry. Luckily, the restaurant at Chisos Mountains Lodge was nearby, so off we headed to grab a bite.





I had a plate of enchiladas with refried beans and a baked jalapeño pepper on top. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either...about what you'd expect from a national park restaurant.

Sitting next to us was a retired couple from Germany. After a long consultation with the waitress, the man ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. When the meal came, he wasn't happy. He was mad that the steak was breaded and fried, and mad that there was white gravy poured over everything. And he was mad that the Texas Toast was just thick, floppy, oily white bread. He tried to pick all the breading off the meat and scrape off all the gravy. Finally he said, "This is $&!+." We said, "It's not what you ordered?" He said, "Gravy, gravy, gravy, gravy! Why? And soft bread! No good bread! No good bread in America! No, wait...I can get good bread at H*E*B. H...E...B. Only H.E.B has good bread! Not this $&!+!"

We just shrugged and felt bad that the guy was letting something like that ruin his day. He said they'd been here five months...I guess he was just homesick.

That is about my favorite meal. Texas Comfort Food. So sorry he couldn't enjoy the local eccentricities. "When in Rome..."

Absolutely. I've found that one key to traveling well is adopting local customs and cuisine as much as possible.
 
Banned_imp said:
Why do I have Judas Priest's Breaking the Law playing in my head when I look the picture of the "border jumpers"??
...and I had the skinny dipping scene from ‘Wild Hogs’ in my head when I first saw the river pictures.

Great stuff Stichill! :clap:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Spectacular scenery. Never seen anything like that in Texas. Where's all the cactus? lol
The short answer is ... everywhere. The prickly pear cactus is the state plant and Texas has more species of cacti than any other state. The most variety (around 100 species) is in the Big Bend area. The statuesque and often photographed Saguaro cactus, however, is native to Arizona.
 
Thread starter
It was so hard to leave the cool waters of the Rio Grande, but the sun was getting lower in the sky. It was about 5:30pm and and we had to go more than 80 miles to reach our lodgings for the night near Study Butte-Terlingua. More than two hours by GPS (the park speed limit is 45 mph and doing much over 50 mph is likely going to nab you a speeding ticket). And, we needed a fuel / water / caffeine stop and we also wanted to swing by the Santa Elena Canyon Overlook at the southwest end of the park. With sunset coming on by 8:15 pm or so - and anecdotes of donkeys, javelinas, jackrabbits, antelope, and deer roaming the roads after dark - it was time to ride.

Coming up out of the river valley, the temperature climbed to 98 °F / 37 °C. We swung into the park gas station / convenience store at Panther Junction and filled our tanks, hit the head, and slaked our thirst. The temperatures moderated somewhat at the higher elevation, falling to about 85 °F / 29 °C. As we rolled out and turned the bikes west, the sun partly slipped behind a thin layer of clouds, initiating the evening enchantment of the Golden Hour.

06ce28fe15dfe75a0c48f901f601af67.jpg


So began one of the most serene and pleasant rides of my lifetime. It was a moment when all was simply right with the world: a lovely evening, an open road, a beguiling landscape, a motorcycle, and the time to soak it all in. I decided not to stop for pictures, preferring instead to just live in the moment and enjoy. One of my companions kept a point-and-shoot on a lanyard, so credit him for capturing these scenes.

a89b5c974ab726a001d942799096215c.jpg


08fa04ed725c45bdf1e23c4e0a1958bc.jpg


ec2be57f221f83de08c64e6e7c50d47b.jpg

Dabs of sunlight playing on the jagged slopes...

8fcb10cabb425c091e8aa44938f1041c.jpg


51a4941a4e3f9e18e4b87a1b044fd7de.jpg


763c6b65bd3d1285649f02f9d9f27611.jpg


As we approached Santa Elena Canyon, we could see the gigantic upthrust of the Sierra de Santa Elena, formed at a fault where the layers of rock split and the southern section pushed up over the northern side. I finally pulled over to grab a shot.

b669db63a912af13dd5a7f3b74b5b636.jpg


I looked back and saw this stately butte that we had just ridden past.

60b4937ad7329ccb9b79daecaa3d6c93.jpg


We pulled into the first Santa Elena Canyon Overlook and were stunned at the size of the Sierra de Santa Elena upthrust. It's hard to describe the sheer immensity of the formation. Looking up at it, your eye lingers over the innumerable crags and crevices on its northern face.

94d929d2d913c64544467cdbb46a6c93.jpg


cb37bb120ff352164f1fae6bf8324b09.jpg


7f078748817129083da0ae6e07b27658.jpg


e9df3ee3edba70eab3b3cdc99a352f66.jpg

Santa Elena Canyon of the Rio Grande. Mexico on the left, U.S. on the right.

e379fc4127f99d383fe446a8e3bfcd5a.jpg

RockHop_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Spectacular scenery. Never seen anything like that in Texas. Where's all the cactus? lol
The short answer is ... everywhere. The prickly pear cactus is the state plant and Texas has more species of cacti than any other state. The most variety (around 100 species) is in the Big Bend area. The statuesque and often photographed Saguaro cactus, however, is native to Arizona.
:cool: :thumbsup:
4158efe7e2b4ab8e313d1718309703a8.jpg

Route from Rio Grande Village to Santa Elena Canyon.
 
Great road report and awesome pictures Stichill.

Although taken in March, feel free to post your Langtry windmill in the photo challenge for the official and highly coveted "precognition" award :celebrate:
 
Thread starter
RockHop_imp said:
Great road report and awesome pictures Stichill.

Although taken in March, feel free to post your Langtry windmill in the photo challenge for the official and highly coveted "precognition" award :celebrate:
:thumbsup:

Day 3 - Sunday 25 March 2018 - Santa Elena Canyon to Study Butte-Terlingua

We lingered at Santa Elena Canyon, but then the setting sun told us we needed to get back on the road and head to the barn. Fortunately, it was only about a 40 minute ride. We'd be getting in right around or just after dusk.

250e575647702a31873498e74954b9f1.jpg


One thing we didn't realize: 40 minutes to go just 16 miles? What's up with that? Here's what:

53b84c10d7244550d67c1929e1078ed1.jpg


f71e7e7abe8be3c74d172e780011b0dc.jpg


The road north was a dirt & gravel road. My GPS didn't catch it, nor did my routing software (Tyre to Travel) nor Google Maps. The road surface was decently passable. It was well-graded, level, rut-free, and solid. However it was a washboard surface just about everywhere. We stopped to consider our options. Heading back the long way looked like this:

6ba518c4af3edb07f5fb9ef8b203d085.jpg


We had the fuel, but we didn't have the daylight to go back around. It was a choice between the hazards and hassle of slow speeds on a washboard gravel road in fading daylight, or the hazards of wandering animals in darkness at highway speeds.

I was for pressing onward over gravel. Another guy was game for it as well, yet another was tentative but concerned, and the fourth didn't register an opinion. So, on we rode.

Our most experienced rider went out front to set the pace and pick the lines, with me behind him. I became uncomfortable with the slow riding. I felt like I was at more risk of stalling or dropping the bike. I found that the going was marginally smoother at the extreme left and right, so I picked a line and surged ahead. I was generally running in 2nd around 18-25 mph and on some stretches in 3rd between 25 - 30 mph. The bike felt steady and sure-footed. Its mass propelled it forward despite irregularities that would bump-steer a lighter bike. In some spots the washboard was more pronounced, and I slowed to 12 mph or so to prevent beating the bike to death. Still, the washboard was almost everywhere and the bikes received a pounding.

My companions' headlights were receding in my mirrors, but I was afraid to stop. I wasn't sure of my footing and I started to wonder if the bike would overheat. There was no temperature gauge on the Harley. I'd heard that the computer will shut down the rear cylinder but I didn't want to find out what that was like out here in the darkening desert. So I pressed onward. Eventually, I was riding alone across the empty wasteland. The total distance on gravel was 13 miles, and I was about 5 or 6 miles in. At some point, it made more sense to press on than to turn around, as the distance either way became moot.

I heard the occasional tink! of rocks hitting metal under the bike. My main concern was the oil cooler...if that got punctured it was game over. It is positioned in the worst possible location: right behind the front tire, down low. The fins are exposed and there is no protective mesh.

But the Harley motored on. Riding alone out there, your mind starts to conjure possibilities and contingencies. There was nothing and nobody out here except me. Nothing but me and...outlaws? Banditos? Mountain lions? I didn't want to cross paths with any of them. I thought about what I'd do if a tire blew, a rim cracked, a rock flew up into the belt, or I washed out and dumped the bike, unable to get it back upright by myself. Well, I had plenty of warm clothes. I had plenty of water. And I had food to eat. I could just camp out under the open skies and hope no pumas or bears took an interest in me while I slept. Or, for that matter, rattlesnakes and scorpions. Hopefully, my buddies would come along and I could ride out on the back of one of their bikes. Or, I'd make it through the night and a friendly park ranger would locate me the next day and take me into town to arrange for the bike to be picked up. Or, failing all that, I could just walk to town. 10 miles at 3 miles an hour? I'd be there in a little more than 3 hours.

I shook off these thoughts as premature. I was riding well and the bike was running fine. I started to just relax and enjoy the adventure of it all. Too, I realized that I should press on and try to get through. Then if my buddies didn't show up on the other side, at least I could go into town and organize help to go back and find them. So on I rode.

I crossed some dry river beds, first rolling downgrade and then upgrade on the other side. The only moment of concern regarding bike control was an uphill blind slope. Cresting it, the road suddenly dipped left. I was rolling a little too fast for comfort and I wondered if I had the traction to get the lean angle I needed. I applied rear brake lightly and ran as wide as I dared, making the turn without incident.

Eventually the GPS indicated I was a mile short of asphalt, so I decided it was safe to stop and take a picture to record the moment.

36656e947419287f7e8cfc4d90796e00.jpg


I soon hit the pavement and parked in a small rest area lot. When I got off the bike, I realized I'd had a death-grip on the bars and my shoulders were tense and tight. I walked around and stretched, and looked back up the road for three more headlights.

159b04fc3c6e3545cd7ec19aa01d0dcf.jpg


75881ede119532ca0f69975393b9f326.jpg


Within a few minutes, I heard the rumbling of the Harleys before I saw three headlights piercing the dust in the distance. Everybody made it through unscathed. No damage to bikes or riders, but everyone and everything was blanketed in a layer of dust.

As we rode the remaining few miles into town, it became dark. It was very hard to see down the road, and I rode between 35 and 40 mph, keeping an eye out for animals in the road. It was nerve-wracking, and I was glad that we had taken the gravel road rather than deal with three times the miles on the highway in the dark.

We reached our overnight accommodations, Big Bend Resort & Adventures Motel & RV Park. We rolled in a little after 8:30 pm, right after the restaurant closed. There were a couple of bars back in town that might have had some food, but nobody wanted to get back on the bikes. We opted to grab some packaged food at the convenience store before it closed at 9:00 pm. We made a meal of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, baloney and cheese sandwiches, tuna fish on crackers, Vienna sausages, Doritos...and tequila.

0e8a1126a7275599cbe0523105d0e9fb.jpg
 
Stichill, what a fine write up. I feel like I'm there with you guys. That road to the canyon was much worse when I drove a rental car on it in 1987; it's been improved much and am glad for your sake as it was mostly baseball sized gravel back then.
 
"My companions' headlights were receding in my mirrors, but I was afraid to stop. I wasn't sure of my footing and I started to wonder if the bike would overheat. There was no temperature gauge on the Harley. I'd heard that the computer will shut down the rear cylinder but I didn't want to find out what that was like out here in the darkening desert. So I pressed onward. Eventually, I was riding alone across the empty wasteland. The total distance on gravel was 13 miles, and I was about 5 or 6 miles in. At some point, it made more sense to press on than to turn around, as the distance either way became moot.

I heard the occasional tink! of rocks hitting metal under the bike. My main concern was the oil cooler...if that got punctured it was game over. It is positioned in the worst possible location: right behind the front tire, down low. The fins are exposed and there is no protective mesh.

But the Harley motored on. Riding alone out there, your mind starts to conjure possibilities and contingencies. There was nothing and nobody out here except me. Nothing but me and...outlaws? Banditos? Mountain lions? I didn't want to cross paths with any of them. I thought about what I'd do if a tire blew, a rim cracked, a rock flew up into the belt, or I washed out and dumped the bike, unable to get it back upright by myself. Well, I had plenty of warm clothes. I had plenty of water. And I had food to eat. I could just camp out under the open skies and hope no pumas or bears took an interest in me while I slept. Or, for that matter, rattlesnakes and scorpions. Hopefully, my buddies would come along and I could ride out on the back of one of their bikes. Or, I'd make it through the night and a friendly park ranger would locate me the next day and take me into town to arrange for the bike to be picked up. Or, failing all that, I could just walk to town. 10 miles at 3 miles an hour? I'd be there in a little more than 3 hours." ...... Stichill

I loved this part. The trepidation of a guy in a strange place, alone, on a strange bike, on a less than ideal road. What could have been a harrowing experience, turned into a great adventure with a happy ending. Love it.

For the record I am a worrier like that. I have a good friend, been on many adventures with him in some really wild places bow hunting & fishing (deer, bear, wild pigs, and javelina). His wife says we make perfect partners. She says, I am always worried that something is going to go wrong, even though most times it doesn't. He is always convinced that everything is fine, even though sometimes it's not.

He doesn't ride motorcycles though, thinks they are dangerous lol.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
"My companions' headlights were receding in my mirrors, but I was afraid to stop. I wasn't sure of my footing and I started to wonder if the bike would overheat. There was no temperature gauge on the Harley. I'd heard that the computer will shut down the rear cylinder but I didn't want to find out what that was like out here in the darkening desert. So I pressed onward. Eventually, I was riding alone across the empty wasteland. The total distance on gravel was 13 miles, and I was about 5 or 6 miles in. At some point, it made more sense to press on than to turn around, as the distance either way became moot.

I heard the occasional tink! of rocks hitting metal under the bike. My main concern was the oil cooler...if that got punctured it was game over. It is positioned in the worst possible location: right behind the front tire, down low. The fins are exposed and there is no protective mesh.

But the Harley motored on. Riding alone out there, your mind starts to conjure possibilities and contingencies. There was nothing and nobody out here except me. Nothing but me and...outlaws? Banditos? Mountain lions? I didn't want to cross paths with any of them. I thought about what I'd do if a tire blew, a rim cracked, a rock flew up into the belt, or I washed out and dumped the bike, unable to get it back upright by myself. Well, I had plenty of warm clothes. I had plenty of water. And I had food to eat. I could just camp out under the open skies and hope no pumas or bears took an interest in me while I slept. Or, for that matter, rattlesnakes and scorpions. Hopefully, my buddies would come along and I could ride out on the back of one of their bikes. Or, I'd make it through the night and a friendly park ranger would locate me the next day and take me into town to arrange for the bike to be picked up. Or, failing all that, I could just walk to town. 10 miles at 3 miles an hour? I'd be there in a little more than 3 hours." ...... Stichill

I loved this part. The trepidation of a guy in a strange place, alone, on a strange bike, on a less than ideal road. What could have been a harrowing experience, turned into a great adventure with a happy ending. Love it.

For the record I am a worrier like that. I have a good friend, been on many adventures with him in some really wild places bow hunting & fishing (deer, bear, wild pigs, and javelina). His wife says we make perfect partners. She says, I am always worried that something is going to go wrong, even though most times it doesn't. He is always convinced that everything is fine, even though sometimes it's not.

He doesn't ride motorcycles though, thinks they are dangerous lol.
Exactly this! As riders, we're inherently willing to subject ourselves to a bit more risk and inconvenience in exchange for the thrill and adventure of the experiences we gain. :biker:
 
Back
Top