The CB lives!

The ferret_imp said:
If that's true, I wonder why no one has tried to register a 2015 model on the forum? We have had two 2015 special edition Japanese models (ex models with mag wheels) show up, but nothing from Europe.
Well Ferret, if in fact these bikes have been sold, the answer probably rests in Django's post. A good proportion of CB world lives outside this forum. For example, the number of CBs estimated (rather hesitantly by a rather reticent Sydney dealer who won't be named) to have been sold in Australia, while few, still far exceeds the number of Aussie CB owners registered on this forum. Why I have no idea. They don't know what they are missing out on. I have seen only one, unidentified, in the wild. Funnily enough, Cormanus and I were assured that in a NSW (or was it Vic?) country town there were two, one operational, the other garaged for preservation, but the owners don't seem to be forum members.

Cheers
 
I understand Ptero, it just seems strange to me that we have hundreds of 13's and 14's registered from 20 something countries and not ONE 2015 owner has found us? (other than the 2 special edition Japanese domestic ones).

I will allow that 2015s MAY have been made, and sold in Europe, just never seen one verified. As the sort of keeper of the history of the CB1100 for this forum, this subject interests me greatly.
 
I used to be very active on an astronomy forum (cloudynights.com) yet when I went to star parties it seemed the majority of folks were not members and many of those folks had never heard of us. And we were big.

For a lot of folks, this forum thing is just an odd idea.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I understand Ptero, it just seems strange to me that we have hundreds of 13's and 14's registered from 20 something countries and not ONE 2015 owner has found us? (other than the 2 special edition Japanese domestic ones).

I will allow that 2015s MAY have been made, and sold in Europe, just never seen one verified. As the sort of keeper of the history of the CB1100 for this forum, this subject interests me greatly.
If 2015 models have been sold anywhere I would guess it would be Asia. Taiwan perhaps. I think we have forum members from there but they are, understandably, not very active but may be able to shine some light on the matter.

Cheers.
 
I'm used to belonging to the forum of whatever bike I own but I would assume there are many bike owners who would rather not get all that involved on the internet for such things for whatever reason. And some forum owners have been known to be very rude, treating their forum like an almost closed club where only a chosen few can say or do anything and the rest are harassed. (Are you getting the feeling I've been there?!)[Honda NT700 forum]
 
If Honda produced a hundred CB1100 bikes in 2014, and are sitting at the factory because the dealers did not order them, but then a dealer started asking for Honda today for stock, are they 2014's or 2015's? Maybe they could get away with just stamping a 5 instead of a 4 at the factory if the bikes are the same.

And if a tree falls in the forest with no one around, does it make a noise?
=)
 
If a bike is made in 2014, its a 2014, if its made in 2015 its 2015.

In Europe there's always a kind of passport thats inherent with the bike, the Certificate of Confirmity.
All details of that specific bike are on there, I assume the same goes for the US and for the rest of the word for that matter.

It doesn't matter if a bike is shipped out directly to specific importers somewhere worldwide, or if the bike sits at the factory for months or years, the Certificate will always show the year the bike has been made, and that can only be one year.
 
Thread starter
That's not the case in the US. Model years do not correlate to date of manufacture. Hence, you can buy 2016 cars and bikes right now.
 
Riko_imp said:
If a bike is made in 2014, its a 2014, if its made in 2015 its 2015.

In Europe there's always a kind of passport thats inherent with the bike, the Certificate of Confirmity.
All details of that specific bike are on there, I assume the same goes for the US and for the rest of the word for that matter.

It doesn't matter if a bike is shipped out directly to specific importers somewhere worldwide, or if the bike sits at the factory for months or years, the Certificate will always show the year the bike has been made, and that can only be one year.
A 2014 model year bike could have been manufactured in 2013 and so on for whatever model year. The date of manufacture is stated on the VIN plate. (At least that's true in the U.S.)

An example: My 2009 Piaggio MP3 400 is a 2009 model year but was made 12/2008. A maybe interesting aside is the fact that it was released from a warehouse by Piaggio this year and first sold this year, but it remains forever a 2009 model.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I really like the low bars and wire wheels of the yellow one, but otherwise I prefer the more classical look of the DLX. Still, I hope we see these beauties in the dealerships soon!

The design of the seat cover on the yellow bike is interesting. It looks like another bike was parked on top of it and then peeled out.
I dont believe the bars are low, I suspect its the tank thats gotten bigger (and higher)
 
Back
Top