The Brexit Ride

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Five Triumphs, (Thruxton R, Street Twin, Tiger 800XC, Daytona 675R and Street Triple R) with a shocked and saddened Mancunian now living in NJ along to make it real, on a spirited ride with breakfast on one end, and delicious cake and coffee on the other. Nice roads in Western Monmouth and Burlington Counties, great weather, and home in time for a few hours at the beach...a perfect Saturday morning. And saw a black CB1100 in Allentown, anyone here, per chance?
 
Brexit ride lol good one. Sounds like a grand time Capo.

I rode with 3 triumphs today up to the Yamaha demo days (2 Bonnies, 1 Sprint ST, and a 800 triple ADV pulled in right after us).
 
LOL..today I rode Super Tenere' and FJ-09. I have ridden both before, but both were a suprise and different than the last time I rode them. The FJ-09 better, the Tenere worse. I turned down riding an FJR 1300 ES. Ridden them 3 or 4 times in the past and it was getting hot out.
 
Thread starter
That STen is an enigmatic beast. I rode one and it felt like a tractor, but not necessarily in a bad way. But it's fat. My buddy has an FJR and it's amazing how agile that bike can be in the right hands. In other words, not my hands. I think it's great you got to do all those tests, we rarely get demo days around here any more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I reckon the only cure for Brexit may well be a ride.
 
Capo_imp said:
Five Triumphs, (Thruxton R, Street Twin, Tiger 800XC, Daytona 675R and Street Triple R) with a shocked and saddened Mancunian now living in NJ along to make it real, on a spirited ride with breakfast on one end, and delicious cake and coffee on the other. Nice roads in Western Monmouth and Burlington Counties, great weather, and home in time for a few hours at the beach...a perfect Saturday morning. And saw a black CB1100 in Allentown, anyone here, per chance?
How much you pay for that word? I had to look it up. By my calculations, today it's worth 9 Euros, but tomorrow, who knows?
 
Nemo, because he missed his Brexit?

Ulvetanna, if you pay for it in Euros you should be fine. Sterling, now, that's another matter entirely.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Nemo, because he missed his Brexit?

Ulvetanna, if you pay for it in Euros you should be fine. Sterling, now, that's another matter entirely.
No, his Brexit was delicious. Cake, as I recall. Let them eat cake...didn't someone say that once?

Coin of the realm is aurum here but I would go with the bimetallic standard as well. I am quite democratic about such things.

:hello:
 
Thread starter
Nemo_imp said:
Why was the Mancunian sad?

Sad Mancunian lives in the US but is paid in GBP which is converted to USD, so he reckons his salary was whacked pretty good with the new exchange rate. Plus he thinks the UK went bat-cuss crazy.
 
Capo_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
Why was the Mancunian sad?

Sad Mancunian lives in the US but is paid in GBP which is converted to USD, so he reckons his salary was whacked pretty good with the new exchange rate. Plus he thinks the UK went bat-cuss crazy.

Sad Mancunian lives in the US but is paid in GBP which is converted to USD, so he reckons his salary was whacked pretty good with the new exchange rate. Plus he thinks the UK went bat-cuss crazy. Wow, that does hurt, right in the pocketbook where it really counts.
 
Back
Top