Test Ride RE Meteor 350

Even my air-cooled Suzuki 250X7 had 27HP in 1979. You have really got to want a Meteor 350 to live with 20HP.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
All this discussion about horsepower has me wondering....it is a thumper, so what's the torque figure?
Per Cycle World “On our in-house dyno this little single puts 17.4 peak hp and 18.2 pound-feet of torque to the rear wheel,”

The Kawi did 26.8 peak hp and 12.2 ft lb @ 9900 rpm. Redline was 12500
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Ah ok. So I guess you could say that's the difference. Like any typical thumper it brings the torque early but lacks raw horsepower and has no top end.
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Ah ok. So I guess you could say that's the difference. Like any typical thumper it brings the torque early but lacks raw horsepower and has no top end.
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike They basically are, the 650 cruiser has been spied testing together with the 400cc scrambler based on the Himalayan. It will most likely be called shotgun, and the rendering has it looking a bit like this
3d1eb60415ee4b38c871bef3787f383c.png
6d7f7b5687d17f73b9c886fcdd8ebbfb.png


Sadly it's probably going to cost as much as the interceptor and Conti GT, so a bit more than a 1000 than the Meteor
91ac1cd1342e8bd0780e3c37e3ca1bdd.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Ah ok. So I guess you could say that's the difference. Like any typical thumper it brings the torque early but lacks raw horsepower and has no top end.
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike They basically are, the 650 cruiser has been spied testing together with the 400cc scrambler based on the Himalayan. It will most likely be called shotgun, and the rendering has it looking a bit like this
3d1eb60415ee4b38c871bef3787f383c.png
6d7f7b5687d17f73b9c886fcdd8ebbfb.png


Sadly it's probably going to cost as much as the interceptor and Conti GT, so a bit more than a 1000 than the Meteor
91ac1cd1342e8bd0780e3c37e3ca1bdd.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Exactly
I failed to mention in first in detail how good the paint and chrome looked
The bike appeared to be very well put together
I would gladly pay an extra 1000 if they would drop their new 650 twin in this bike They basically are, the 650 cruiser has been spied testing together with the 400cc scrambler based on the Himalayan. It will most likely be called shotgun, and the rendering has it looking a bit like this
c557a1b1573d1f9b7b5ff540b760721a.png
e4f4dba6f0c90a1c3a8c0f0ac9feb45f.png




Sadly it's probably going to cost as much as the interceptor and Conti GT, so a bit more than a 1000 than the Meteor
23e093e4741e759b459fe096f399ec6f.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Thanks for that update, my first impression was that it looks very similar to a Kawasaki Vulcan, which is already available. Putting the 650 engine in the Meteor frame would be more visually appealing to me
 
Back
Top