Test Drives / OTD price

billyjax_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello everyone

I am looking to looking to get a new bike...........

Do the dealers allow test drives on the CB1100 prior to purchasing?

I tried to demo the bike during bike week in Daytona however Honda was not doing demos for any motorcycles that week.

Also what is the OTD price for the CB1100?

I am located in Jacksonville Florida.

Great Forum !!!!!

Thanks
 
billyjax_imp said:
Hello everyone

I am looking to looking to get a new bike...........

Do the dealers allow test drives on the CB1100 prior to purchasing?

I tried to demo the bike during bike week in Daytona however Honda was not doing demos for any motorcycles that week.

Also what is the OTD price for the CB1100?

I am located in Jacksonville Florida.

Great Forum !!!!!

Thanks
My OTD price on my CB1100 ABS was list price ($10,999).
My dealer does not allow test drives by people he doesn't know, or who have less than 5 year's experience.
 
billyjax_imp said:
Hello everyone

I am looking to looking to get a new bike...........

Do the dealers allow test drives on the CB1100 prior to purchasing?

I tried to demo the bike during bike week in Daytona however Honda was not doing demos for any motorcycles that week.

Also what is the OTD price for the CB1100?

I am located in Jacksonville Florida.

Great Forum !!!!!

Thanks
It depends on the dealer. However, as far as I know, the Honda dealers in Jax don't allow test rides. You may want to check the nearby dealerships to see. Also, they weren't dropping the price at all from MSRP. I know someone on the board got theirs from Purcell, but the CB1100 isn't listed on their website and I have no idea what they paid. I got mine from (what is now) Cycles of Jacksonville on Atlantic Blvd. My OTD cost for the bike by itself was about $11.6k (tax, tag, "crate fee", etc). They included a 3-year prepaid maintenance plan for another $1600 ("supposedly" normally $2500, but it covers all required maint, plus oil and tire changes [I have to pay for tires/brake pads, nothing else] with unlimited mileage... I put 18k miles on my other bike last year, I'll be getting my money's worth out of them) and it's honored at another 8 or so dealerships just in case they go out of business or I decide I don't like the way they smell.

If you're willing to travel about 900 miles, you can get it well below MSRP. You should check/call Honda of Russellville - Russellville, AR - Featuring Honda Motorcycles, Accessories, Parts, Service and Financing, I don't know what they're asking now but their OTD price a couple months ago was something like $2k below what anyone in Jax was willing to do. From what I've read, they're cheaper than anyone else in the country. My next Honda (if I get one) will be from up there for sure. You'd need your ducks in a row to ride it back (tags, title, insurance, etc), but saving $2-3k would be worth a day or 2 of vacation for a long weekend to ride it back.

Unfortunately, with the exception of Beach Blvd Motorsports (who sadly doesn't carry Honda) and the BMW/Victory dealer in OP, I don't really know of any dealerships in Jax that actually let you do test rides. And Beach Blvd MS only has a demo day once a month, no rides besides that. You may have to do some calling around and be prepared to do some driving to test ride it.
 
I got $200 off their first initial price, no test ride.
Don't think they need to discount much at this point in my area.
So, OTD was $10,800.00
I guess I figured my happiness and staying on good terms with my local dealer was not worth haggling over a couple hundred dollars more.
 
I got yanked around by the local dealer concerning a test ride. Was told 'it's a collectors bike and we dont want miles put on it' crap. The salesman (with sagging pants) told me only AFTER all the purchase paperwork was completed and if I liked the 'numbers', then I could test ride it .. and if I still liked it, then I sign the final Bill of Sale. After 3 hrs .. my patience reached it's limits .. told them pull the CB1100 around with a dealer tag on it or pull my trade in around .. cause Atlanta has a plenty of Honda dealerships. They pulled the CB around and told me to ride as far as I wanted, the tank was full. 5 1/2 hrs from the time I told them, "I want it" til I rode away .. total BS .. and the General Manager who kept giving me the stink eye from the window of his office NEVER took the time to meet me ... I will not recommend or purchase another bike from them.
 
I got mine (non-ABS) for $9499.00 and also no freight or setup fees (usually around $400 at the dealer I bought from), so including tax, title and license, I was OTD for $9998.00. Probably not the best deal anyone's ever got on one of these bikes, but I was very happy with it.
 
My ABS version was $10,100 plus tax and tag. I ordered it before one hit the floor, so a test drive was not an option. However, I have test ridden bikes at that dealer before where they pretty much handed me the keys and said 'have at it'. The moto guzzi (+Yamaha and several others) dealership was like that as well when I looked at the v7. The BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealership allows test rides of some bikes but they are escorted and fairly limited. While I'm sure others have gotten better deals, I like the dealership and I thought the price was very fair so I didn't even bother trying to haggle (which is my norm)
 
I got mine 11000 OTD here in Los Angeles,CA for a non ABS and took 15mins to do the paper work and there I was on my way with the bike. What made the process fast was the General Manager told me that he's not even going to sell me anything like extended warranty since the bike is bullet proof, I hope he's right.
 
I have three Honda dealers within 60 miles from me. And they all allow test rides. Just sign a waiver and wear a helmet. I paid $9836 OTD. No freight or setup crap.
 
Gentlemen,

I paid $8850 for a non-ABS CB but here in Arizona we have a 9.5% sales tax and outrageous plate fees so my OTD price was still 10,100.00. Montana is where I buy most of my cars as they have no sales tax and cheap plates. Western Honda here is a GREAT dealership. I have purchased 14 new Hondas from them over the last 30 years.

Chip
 
Dealers that sell a whole lot of Honda's or have an exclusive Honda Dealership ("PowerSports") may be able to offer a price significantly below MSRP because they get a big discount from Honda. On the other hand, a dealer who sells multiple brands may already have a tight margin. It pays to shop around for a PowerSports dealership. $9729 OTD, PowerSports of Crofton (MD)
 
Bonafide_imp said:
I got yanked around by the local dealer concerning a test ride. Was told 'it's a collectors bike and we dont want miles put on it' crap. The salesman (with sagging pants) told me only AFTER all the purchase paperwork was completed and if I liked the 'numbers', then I could test ride it .. and if I still liked it, then I sign the final Bill of Sale. After 3 hrs .. my patience reached it's limits .. told them pull the CB1100 around with a dealer tag on it or pull my trade in around .. cause Atlanta has a plenty of Honda dealerships. They pulled the CB around and told me to ride as far as I wanted, the tank was full. 5 1/2 hrs from the time I told them, "I want it" til I rode away .. total BS .. and the General Manager who kept giving me the stink eye from the window of his office NEVER took the time to meet me ... I will not recommend or purchase another bike from them.

I'm in Atlanta too--which dealer is this?
 
I live in Gaffney SC, went to Spartanburg Honda [nearest dealer] and they would not let me test drive even though I arrived on a Yamaha FZ1 and am well into senior status. Asked the manager how many cars has he bought that he didn't test drive----he had no answer to that. Called Shelby NC dealer, he had one and yes I could test drive. Drove up there, saleman wheeled the bike off the showroom floor. It had 2 miles on it, I drove it 5 miles and told him to give me the papers. Had to pick it uo the next day as the wife had to drive me there in her car.
Love this bike---2 1/2 months---2600 miles
 
I rarely equate the best deal with the lowest price when it comes to a purchase such as this. The local Honda dealer that I made most of my parts purchases from since 2007 and who were located fairly close by went out of business two years ago (and the next closest Honda dealer also recently shut down), and I really miss having them around. They had some really good folks working in their parts department. No doubt I would have talked to them first if they were still around.

Not having ever purchased a new motorcycle before, I was really trying to figure out which dealer I might want to do business with down the road (and who would hopefully manage to stick around to do business with) rather than find out who would simply offer me the bike for the lowest price. I ended up finding a sales guy that I got along with at a dealership that goes about things the right way. When I bought my CB, I ended up paying $9999 for my CB with no additional fees and I was happy with that. I didn't ask for a test ride, I already knew that I wanted the bike. All it took was for me to sit on the bike and I was ready to wrap things up — there was no way that I wasn't going to buy the bike after that.

I've purchased other items and accessories at the same dealer since I bought the bike and I've received a pretty good discount on those items. Everyone there seems to be both knowledgeable and helpful. Not only do I like doing business at this place, but it feels good to supporti a local business that takes care of me.

The bottom line: I'm happy. Happy with the bike, happy with the dealer, and yes, even happy with the deal. I realize that we're not all looking for the same buying experience. For some, there are no local dealers. For others, only the best price wil do. When all is said and done, we're all spending time on this forum because of the bike, not the bike buying experience.

I hope anyone out there still seeking out a CB1100 is able to find one for themselves and that they are able to find a deal that they're happy with.
 
Paid list, nothing much beyond that... As I may have mentioned, I traded in tho. No test ride, knew it was right from the day I saw it on an Australian website three years ago. Happy happy, joy joy!
 
I contacted 4 dealerships in the area and talked about pricing. Actually visited two of them. The first dealership did not want me to test ride the bike, even though they knew I was a serious buyer. The second dealership (Deptford Honda/Yamaha) was happy to let me test ride the bike after we had an agreed upon price. I paid $10,200 OTD and am very happy with the service and deal I received. At the end of the day, I still wanted to maintain a relationship with them and support a local business.

Both dealerships I visited said they have not sold any CB1100s yet. The 1st dealership had two in stock and I purchased the only one at Deptford. Doesn't seem like they are going to be that popular in our area. I hope this model sticks around for awhile longer. Limited production is nice, but part availability and aftermarket support would be better. I can't wait to put more miles on her to give a thorough review and compare it to my Bonnie.
 
CBville_imp said:
I contacted 4 dealerships in the area and talked about pricing. Actually visited two of them. The first dealership did not want me to test ride the bike, even though they knew I was a serious buyer. The second dealership (Deptford Honda/Yamaha) was happy to let me test ride the bike after we had an agreed upon price. I paid $10,200 OTD and am very happy with the service and deal I received. At the end of the day, I still wanted to maintain a relationship with them and support a local business.

Both dealerships I visited said they have not sold any CB1100s yet. The 1st dealership had two in stock and I purchased the only one at Deptford. Doesn't seem like they are going to be that popular in our area. I hope this model sticks around for awhile longer. Limited production is nice, but part availability and aftermarket support would be better. I can't wait to put more miles on her to give a thorough review and compare it to my Bonnie.
Nicely stated.
 
Back
Top