Tariff info from Japan

Jim_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just ordered a pricey part from Japan (Samurider)- what kind of hassle can I expect with tariff/customs ? thanks
 
Yea I'm not so sure you guys. Jim is from Missouri after all ........ lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yea I'm not so sure you guys. Jim is from Missouri after all ........ lol
Well then he will have to order something so he can be shown! :excited:
 
How about for Canadian customers?

Even with shipments sent via USPS from the U.S., Canadians end up paying a "customs" fee, plus taxes when they pick up the parcel at Canada Post. This is still much cheaper than ground based couriers such as UPS, my brown-shirt nemesis.

How does it work for shipments from Japan?
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
How about for Canadian customers?

Even with shipments sent via USPS from the U.S., Canadians end up paying a "customs" fee, plus taxes when they pick up the parcel at Canada Post. This is still much cheaper than ground based couriers such as UPS, my brown-shirt nemesis.

How does it work for shipments from Japan?
Guessing we will at minimum pay gst/pst. Never ordered specifically from Samurider though. Getting a full assessment would be brutal as it would be like $300 on a $1500 exhaust.

Hopefully the TPP speeds up...
 
kmoney_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
How about for Canadian customers?

Even with shipments sent via USPS from the U.S., Canadians end up paying a "customs" fee, plus taxes when they pick up the parcel at Canada Post. This is still much cheaper than ground based couriers such as UPS, my brown-shirt nemesis.

How does it work for shipments from Japan?
Guessing we will at minimum pay gst/pst. Never ordered specifically from Samurider though. Getting a full assessment would be brutal as it would be like $300 on a $1500 exhaust.

Hopefully the TPP speeds up...
I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). The average Canadian will not likely experience any tangible benefits.

NAFTA certainly didn't make cross-border shopping any cheaper for Canadians.

I truly envy American motorcycle enthusiasts. With our higher costs of ownership, including the ridiculous prices we pay for insurance, I'm wondering how long I can continue to justify ownership of my CB in Canada!
 
Do a little shopping around. Some places have free shipping if the order exceeds a certain dollar amount. Although I don't recall who I got them from, my Chic Sport Trunk Seat and shorty rear fender shipped free.
 
Back
Top