Tank Stickers

SlyvesterZ_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hey guys hope all is well.

I was just wondering what's the best way to remove the stickers that are on the fuel tank when you first buy the bike?
 
Hair dryer to soften them up, peel them off with finger tip, clean glue residue with goo gone or wd40 on a soft cloth..done!
 
What if your extension cord isn't long enough for a hair dryer? I keep my bike on the street, so there's no way I could use that.
 
Surely someone you know has electricity you can ride to lol

Sun and magnifying glass?
 
I've always used plain old lighter fluid (Naptha) to remove stickers and the adhesive used with them. It's also an excellent oil and grease solvent very similar to dry-cleaning solution. I even use it to clean black sole marks off my kitchen linoleum floor. Very handy stuff. Oh yeah, and you don't need an extension cord to use it!
 
specialist8_imp said:
What if your extension cord isn't long enough for a hair dryer? I keep my bike on the street, so there's no way I could use that.
Try an Oxy-acetylene torch. On second thoughts DON'T. :D

Cheers
 
They're made to be removed. Any warning sticker applied by Honda on finished paint was/is designed to come off without hurting the paint. I removed mine without heat, and cleaned up the residue with WD40.
 
Its Summer. Let it sit in the sun for a while. It WILL heat up! Then peal and follow Ferret''s instructions.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Its Summer. Let it sit in the sun for a while. It WILL heat up! Then peal and follow Ferret''s instructions.
Bingo! I was just about to post that solution. I left mine sitting in the sun for about 1/2 hour and they peeled off easily.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
specialist8_imp said:
What if your extension cord isn't long enough for a hair dryer? I keep my bike on the street, so there's no way I could use that.
Try an Oxy-acetylene torch. On second thoughts DON'T. :D

Cheers
Try an Oxy-acetylene torch. On second thoughts DON'T. :D

Cheers
:rofl:
 
specialist8_imp said:
What if your extension cord isn't long enough for a hair dryer? I keep my bike on the street, so there's no way I could use that.
8,

Do what I do and roll your bike into your home to work on it in air conditioned comfort.

Chip
 
Back
Top