Tank Protector

CBXBob_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Looking for ideas or recommendations for a tank bra or large protector. Also what is a good spray or protectant for the black engine ? Used to use Armor ALL on my CBX engines :thanks:
 
CBXBob_imp said:
Looking for ideas or recommendations for a tank bra or large protector. Also what is a good spray or protectant for the black engine ? Used to use Armor ALL on my CBX engines :thanks:
Bagster full tank cover do a search someone just posted
 
CIP57_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
Looking for ideas or recommendations for a tank bra or large protector. Also what is a good spray or protectant for the black engine ? Used to use Armor ALL on my CBX engines :thanks:
Bagster full tank cover do a search someone just posted
Bagster full tank cover do a search someone just posted
Wash your bike cold w/ S-100 total cycle wash, let dry then spray black motor w/ S-100 shiny engine bright. Let it sit overnight then wipe down any excess. This shiny engine bright is a hi-temp silicon and will last for several careful washings.
 
CIP57_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
Looking for ideas or recommendations for a tank bra or large protector. Also what is a good spray or protectant for the black engine ? Used to use Armor ALL on my CBX engines :thanks:
Bagster full tank cover do a search someone just posted
Bagster full tank cover do a search someone just posted
spray on one is on this link below.
Tank Pad??
 
Anyone thought of defiling their beautiful tank with Plasti Dip? There's a lot of info out there on how to use it to change the color of rims to painting entire cars. And it peels off, so it can serve as a protector as we'll.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Don't need knowed Tank protector.I'll be around to
protect the tank if the occasion arises.
Aren't interested in a bunch of girly man stuff.GenXer crap.
Imagine Steve McQueen needing some tank protector.
Used to be,ya buy a Motorcycle and the man comes out.
S'not know mores.
 
_imp said:
Don't need knowed Tank protector.I'll be around to
protect the tank if the occasion arises.
Aren't interested in a bunch of girly man stuff.GenXer crap.
Imagine Steve McQueen needing some tank protector.
Used to be,ya buy a Motorcycle and the man comes out.
S'not know mores.
Just to help inform you, you do understand the purpose of a tank protector is correct? I don't think that any generation would scoff at the idea of taking care of ones belongings to the best of the owners abilities. Times do change, and this is a classic example of such. For instance , Used to be you would bring up Harley Davidson, Valkyrie, or the Rune in your post. S'not know mores.
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
_imp said:
Don't need knowed Tank protector.I'll be around to
protect the tank if the occasion arises.
Aren't interested in a bunch of girly man stuff.GenXer crap.
Imagine Steve McQueen needing some tank protector.
Used to be,ya buy a Motorcycle and the man comes out.
S'not know mores.
Just to help inform you, you do understand the purpose of a tank protector is correct? I don't think that any generation would scoff at the idea of taking care of ones belongings to the best of the owners abilities. Times do change, and this is a classic example of such. For instance , Used to be you would bring up Harley Davidson, Valkyrie, or the Rune in your post. S'not know mores.
Logic would dictate that your point is intuitively obvious to the casual observer. And yet there is a contingent of riders for whom having a dirty and unkept motorcycle is a badge of honor. Its especially prevalent amongst the ADV crowd, I assume because it indicates that at least once their 700 lb "dual-sport" actually made it off-pavement.

I think those riders are posers of the Polishing Pirate ilk; the flip side of the same coin. I suppose losing thousands of dollars in lost value for not maintaining your bike is no worse than losing thousands "invested' in chrome gimcracks and doo-dads. More power to them!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
_imp said:
Don't need knowed Tank protector.I'll be around to
protect the tank if the occasion arises.
Aren't interested in a bunch of girly man stuff.GenXer crap.
Imagine Steve McQueen needing some tank protector.
Used to be,ya buy a Motorcycle and the man comes out.
S'not know mores.
Just to help inform you, you do understand the purpose of a tank protector is correct? I don't think that any generation would scoff at the idea of taking care of ones belongings to the best of the owners abilities. Times do change, and this is a classic example of such. For instance , Used to be you would bring up Harley Davidson, Valkyrie, or the Rune in your post. S'not know mores.
Logic would dictate that your point is intuitively obvious to the casual observer. And yet there is a contingent of riders for whom having a dirty and unkept motorcycle is a badge of honor. Its especially prevalent amongst the ADV crowd, I assume because it indicates that at least once their 700 lb "dual-sport" actually made it off-pavement.

I think those riders are posers of the Polishing Pirate ilk; the flip side of the same coin. I suppose losing thousands of dollars in lost value for not maintaining your bike is no worse than losing thousands "invested' in chrome gimcracks and doo-dads. More power to them!
Logic would dictate that your point is intuitively obvious to the casual observer. And yet there is a contingent of riders for whom having a dirty and unkept motorcycle is a badge of honor. Its especially prevalent amongst the ADV crowd, I assume because it indicates that at least once their 700 lb "dual-sport" actually made it off-pavement.

I think those riders are posers of the Polishing Pirate ilk; the flip side of the same coin. I suppose losing thousands of dollars in lost value for not maintaining your bike is no worse than losing thousands "invested' in chrome gimcracks and doo-dads. More power to them!
Spray-on mud: the ultimate accessory for city 4x4 drivers
You're welcome. :hello:
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
_imp said:
Don't need knowed Tank protector.I'll be around to
protect the tank if the occasion arises.
Aren't interested in a bunch of girly man stuff.GenXer crap.
Imagine Steve McQueen needing some tank protector.
Used to be,ya buy a Motorcycle and the man comes out.
S'not know mores.
Just to help inform you, you do understand the purpose of a tank protector is correct? I don't think that any generation would scoff at the idea of taking care of ones belongings to the best of the owners abilities. Times do change, and this is a classic example of such. For instance , Used to be you would bring up Harley Davidson, Valkyrie, or the Rune in your post. S'not know mores.
Just to help inform you, you do understand the purpose of a tank protector is correct? I don't think that any generation would scoff at the idea of taking care of ones belongings to the best of the owners abilities. Times do change, and this is a classic example of such. For instance , Used to be you would bring up Harley Davidson, Valkyrie, or the Rune in your post. S'not know mores.
I saw a pic of Steve McQueen's *Indian.I have it somewhere
in my motorcycle mag collection.It was like a rat bike.
Lee Marvin also had a rat bike { term for motorcycle that is
unkempt } in - The Wild Ones -{1954}
I plan on keeping my CB in showroom condition.Only because it
seems easy to maintain.Short fenders.Easy to get in and around
the engine bay.

* 1947 Indian Chief Chooper
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Steve Mcqueens Indian was on some TV recently, within the last year i think. I think it was at an auction.
I wonder how many bikes he had.I wonder how many
Jay Leno has.I admire Jay Leno.He's a true Motorcycle/Car
aficionado.Loves to talk about most any car or bike.
I wonder how many Harley ... Leno has.
No I doesn't.
 
Back
Top