tank protection

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just ordered a neat product for the CB./ http://www.tankslapper.biz sells neat pre-cut film to protect the back and sides of your tank. Appears as though it also covers where the front of the seat abrades the paint. The side panels are about where your knees rest. Less than $20. I'll let ya'll know how it works out.
The grips are a bit small for me. Does anyone know of a product that wraps around grips to give them a bit more diameter and maybe a softer/foam grip?
Three weeks into ownership, just hit the 500 mile mark. Such sweet ride, I have a hard time getting off. Once I get something on for the windblast, the horizon beckons.
 
Got a better link? That one goes to a site that lists a bunch or links.

Grip Buddies and Grip Puppies are a couple of ideas for the grips.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Got a better link? That one goes to a site that lists a bunch or links.

Grip Buddies and Grip Puppies are a couple of ideas for the grips.
OOPS..... how about thetankslapper.biz
Thank you popgun the grip buddies were exactly what I was looking for I ordered and made sure this forum was credited for the referral.
 
I recently ordered and received the tankslapper. I ordered the 3M version by paying a slight upcharge. I own the DLX and at the time I ordered it, I asked whether or not the tankslapper would fit the larger tank on the DLX too. I never did get an answer to the fitment for a DLX tank before I ordered it.

I have not yet had a chance to try the install on it. Love to hear about how it goes on for you and any tips you may learn about.
 
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100
 
I've used tankslapper film on my VFR for years. I have the standard stuff on there and it works well. Inexpensive yet effective and allows you to still enjoy your beautiful tank. I haven't put it on the CB. No particular reason. If I rode with a tank bag, I'd definitely protect it with the film.

As far as grips go, I just changed mine out. I put on ProGrips #699 (open end). It made a huge difference. Prior to changing the grips, my hands would go numb after an hour and a half of riding and my right hand in particular would stay numb and tingling for hours afterwards. The ProGrips took care of that and I've never felt that again. I've got several thousand miles on the new grips.

Enjoy the wind blast! Sure lets you know you're on a motorcycle. Haha.
 
I would recommend you try Grip Puppies. I use them and like them. They are inexpensive foam type tubes that slip over the stock grips using soap and water. I can't remember where I bought them but just do a yahoo search and they should turn up. Remember to get the correct size for the CB. The bars are 7/8" but with the stock grips I think the measurements are 1.25". Measure first.
 
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, the install looks great. I don't see a thing . . .

BTW, I too splurged for their turbo squeegee. Glad to hear it went on smoothly. I thought I remembered reading on the Tankslapper site or maybe the 3M site that they recommended 2 squirt bottles - one for soapy water, and one for an isopropyl alcohol spray.

Idk, I haven't chased the directions hard yet. Sounds like you just kept everything wet with soapy water and no isopropyl? I like the the sounds of that better . . . .
 
treytexag_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, the install looks great. I don't see a thing . . .

BTW, I too splurged for their turbo squeegee. Glad to hear it went on smoothly. I thought I remembered reading on the Tankslapper site or maybe the 3M site that they recommended 2 squirt bottles - one for soapy water, and one for an isopropyl alcohol spray.

Idk, I haven't chased the directions hard yet. Sounds like you just kept everything wet with soapy water and no isopropyl? I like the the sounds of that better . . . .

I just used soapy water. Actually, I got lazy and sprung for the $0.50 baby shampoo they sell. Major profit for them on that one. It's just a very small amount and I could have probably substituted it with some mild dishwashing liquid but they got me. The directions said just put what they sent me into a 32 oz. squirt bottle so it's very diluted. I remember that from last time, as well. It doesn't take a lot of soap no matter what you end up using. I never read their online instructions so I missed that part about the isopropyl alcohol. Don't know why they recommended it but I sure didn't need it.

Just remember to use lots of water on BOTH sides of the film. If it starts to get dry and you want to reposition it you may end up stretching the film. And lots of water on the outside of the film helps the squeegee slide over it. As long as it stays nice and wet you can just slide the film around the tank at will and place it exactly where you want before you start squeegeeing the water out.

As you get closer to the edge of the film, especially if your going over a curvy part, the film will start to bunch up. Use your fingers at this point and work those bunches smooth. After that you can go back with the squeegee and squeeze the water out to the edge.
 
Thread starter
Setchman_imp said:
treytexag_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, the install looks great. I don't see a thing . . .

BTW, I too splurged for their turbo squeegee. Glad to hear it went on smoothly. I thought I remembered reading on the Tankslapper site or maybe the 3M site that they recommended 2 squirt bottles - one for soapy water, and one for an isopropyl alcohol spray.

Idk, I haven't chased the directions hard yet. Sounds like you just kept everything wet with soapy water and no isopropyl? I like the the sounds of that better . . . .

I just used soapy water. Actually, I got lazy and sprung for the $0.50 baby shampoo they sell. Major profit for them on that one. It's just a very small amount and I could have probably substituted it with some mild dishwashing liquid but they got me. The directions said just put what they sent me into a 32 oz. squirt bottle so it's very diluted. I remember that from last time, as well. It doesn't take a lot of soap no matter what you end up using. I never read their online instructions so I missed that part about the isopropyl alcohol. Don't know why they recommended it but I sure didn't need it.

Just remember to use lots of water on BOTH sides of the film. If it starts to get dry and you want to reposition it you may end up stretching the film. And lots of water on the outside of the film helps the squeegee slide over it. As long as it stays nice and wet you can just slide the film around the tank at will and place it exactly where you want before you start squeegeeing the water out.

As you get closer to the edge of the film, especially if your going over a curvy part, the film will start to bunch up. Use your fingers at this point and work those bunches smooth. After that you can go back with the squeegee and squeeze the water out to the edge.

I just used soapy water. Actually, I got lazy and sprung for the $0.50 baby shampoo they sell. Major profit for them on that one. It's just a very small amount and I could have probably substituted it with some mild dishwashing liquid but they got me. The directions said just put what they sent me into a 32 oz. squirt bottle so it's very diluted. I remember that from last time, as well. It doesn't take a lot of soap no matter what you end up using. I never read their online instructions so I missed that part about the isopropyl alcohol. Don't know why they recommended it but I sure didn't need it.

Just remember to use lots of water on BOTH sides of the film. If it starts to get dry and you want to reposition it you may end up stretching the film. And lots of water on the outside of the film helps the squeegee slide over it. As long as it stays nice and wet you can just slide the film around the tank at will and place it exactly where you want before you start squeegeeing the water out.

As you get closer to the edge of the film, especially if your going over a curvy part, the film will start to bunch up. Use your fingers at this point and work those bunches smooth. After that you can go back with the squeegee and squeeze the water out to the edge. I bet alcohol is to help speed evaporation from under the film. Since it's not the kind you can drink it's the best I can come up with.
 
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, are you sure the picture you show has the Tankslapper on it? It looks amazing, I can't see it at all. My issue is not with the tops of the tank near the seat, but on the sides where your legs have a tendency to rub the tank, again near the seat. And this product fills that bill? And what Expel did you use? The gloss one or the matte one?
 
Thread starter
Tankslapper has a three piece available. The one in the middle appears to protect your tank where the front of the seat rubs up where a boot can easily scratch it during an on off drill. The other two pieces are oval cut and serve like the rubber knee pads you see on Triumph Bonnieville's. So yes it is just that.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, are you sure the picture you show has the Tankslapper on it? It looks amazing, I can't see it at all. My issue is not with the tops of the tank near the seat, but on the sides where your legs have a tendency to rub the tank, again near the seat. And this product fills that bill? And what Expel did you use? The gloss one or the matte one?

Here's a better picture. You can see the separation between the top and side pieces better.

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5618-002.jpg.html]

If you want absolute transparency then get the gloss. Although I've not seen any installed, I'm sure the matte version would clearly show itself.

I was skeptical at first but this XPEL film really is amazing stuff. I know I'm repeating myself but if you and I were standing right next to my bike and you didn't know I had it on my tank, I don't think you would ever notice it. Just today I removed the center piece because there was one little area that was bugging me and the only way to fix it was to take it off completely.

I thought for sure I was going to ruin it as I was taking it off. It is on so firmly that I thought I was stretching it way too much to the point of damaging it. I got a heat gun and warmed it up a bit and that helped a lot. I took the piece and cleaned both sides with warm, soapy water, reapplied as per the instructions and it looks better than the first time.

And yes, the side pieces are more than big enough to cover the entire area where your legs rub up against the tank.
 
Setchman_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, are you sure the picture you show has the Tankslapper on it? It looks amazing, I can't see it at all. My issue is not with the tops of the tank near the seat, but on the sides where your legs have a tendency to rub the tank, again near the seat. And this product fills that bill? And what Expel did you use? The gloss one or the matte one?

Here's a better picture. You can see the separation between the top and side pieces better.

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5618-002.jpg.html]

If you want absolute transparency then get the gloss. Although I've not seen any installed, I'm sure the matte version would clearly show itself.

I was skeptical at first but this XPEL film really is amazing stuff. I know I'm repeating myself but if you and I were standing right next to my bike and you didn't know I had it on my tank, I don't think you would ever notice it. Just today I removed the center piece because there was one little area that was bugging me and the only way to fix it was to take it off completely.

I thought for sure I was going to ruin it as I was taking it off. It is on so firmly that I thought I was stretching it way too much to the point of damaging it. I got a heat gun and warmed it up a bit and that helped a lot. I took the piece and cleaned both sides with warm, soapy water, reapplied as per the instructions and it looks better than the first time.

And yes, the side pieces are more than big enough to cover the entire area where your legs rub up against the tank.

Can the XPEL film be repositioned indefinitely? I put the regular Tankslapper film on my Bonneville because I didn't trust my abilities with the 3M film. My film has become stained, however, and I have been unable to clean it. I wrote to Tankslapper and I was told to try cleaning it with a high-speed polisher, which I don't have.

You did a great job with the film install.
 
A440_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, are you sure the picture you show has the Tankslapper on it? It looks amazing, I can't see it at all. My issue is not with the tops of the tank near the seat, but on the sides where your legs have a tendency to rub the tank, again near the seat. And this product fills that bill? And what Expel did you use? The gloss one or the matte one?

Here's a better picture. You can see the separation between the top and side pieces better.

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5618-002.jpg.html]

If you want absolute transparency then get the gloss. Although I've not seen any installed, I'm sure the matte version would clearly show itself.

I was skeptical at first but this XPEL film really is amazing stuff. I know I'm repeating myself but if you and I were standing right next to my bike and you didn't know I had it on my tank, I don't think you would ever notice it. Just today I removed the center piece because there was one little area that was bugging me and the only way to fix it was to take it off completely.

I thought for sure I was going to ruin it as I was taking it off. It is on so firmly that I thought I was stretching it way too much to the point of damaging it. I got a heat gun and warmed it up a bit and that helped a lot. I took the piece and cleaned both sides with warm, soapy water, reapplied as per the instructions and it looks better than the first time.

And yes, the side pieces are more than big enough to cover the entire area where your legs rub up against the tank.

Can the XPEL film be repositioned indefinitely? I put the regular Tankslapper film on my Bonneville because I didn't trust my abilities with the 3M film. My film has become stained, however, and I have been unable to clean it. I wrote to Tankslapper and I was told to try cleaning it with a high-speed polisher, which I don't have.

You did a great job with the film install.

I believe it can. At the very least, it can be removed and repositioned enough times to get it right. The XPEL film is supposed to be much easier to maintain and kept looking good. I think you'd find it's a much better product than the regular Tankslapper film.

There was a scrap piece of film included with the kit so you can practice before you apply the actual pieces, if you're concerned about your technique.

I've been impressed enough by the XPEL film that I bought some bulk film to make a couple pieces for the front of the tank. I will almost certainly have to remove and reposition it a few times just to get the shape right so I'll post a follow-up when it's done, hopefully within the next few days.
 
Setchman_imp said:
A440_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Setchman_imp said:
I just finished installing mine on a 2014 DLX the other day. I had installed the regular Tankslapper film on my last bike and it worked just fine. This time I decided to try the upgraded XPEL film. If you want the ultimate in transparency, this is the way to go. I know that it is more than double the cost of the standard film but unless you know it's there, you don't even notice it. You would have to physically point to the edges to show someone else that it's on your tank. It's hard to see in the picture but you can just make out the edges.



The installation was pretty easy, though. If you don't already have a squeegee than I would recommend springing for the 95mm Turbo Squeegee for $5.69. I no longer had whatever I had used on my last bike so I needed something new. What I would have spent on something locally wouldn't have saved me that much money and this Turbo Squeegee really is a great tool, much better than what I had and designed to work specifically for this application.



Use soapy water like the directions say and it should go on just fine. The first time is a little intimidating because your sure there's no way this film is going to go on smoothly and lie flat as you try to work it around the curves but it eventually does. Just keep it wet and keep working it out with your squeegee and even your hands. Just like a screen protector on your phone, it takes a day or two before it's completely dry and smooth. It looks great once it's done, or should I say it "doesn't" look great!

Here's the direct link to the CB1100 Tankslapper page:

Tankslapper for Honda CB1100

Setchman, are you sure the picture you show has the Tankslapper on it? It looks amazing, I can't see it at all. My issue is not with the tops of the tank near the seat, but on the sides where your legs have a tendency to rub the tank, again near the seat. And this product fills that bill? And what Expel did you use? The gloss one or the matte one?

Here's a better picture. You can see the separation between the top and side pieces better.

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5618-002.jpg.html]

If you want absolute transparency then get the gloss. Although I've not seen any installed, I'm sure the matte version would clearly show itself.

I was skeptical at first but this XPEL film really is amazing stuff. I know I'm repeating myself but if you and I were standing right next to my bike and you didn't know I had it on my tank, I don't think you would ever notice it. Just today I removed the center piece because there was one little area that was bugging me and the only way to fix it was to take it off completely.

I thought for sure I was going to ruin it as I was taking it off. It is on so firmly that I thought I was stretching it way too much to the point of damaging it. I got a heat gun and warmed it up a bit and that helped a lot. I took the piece and cleaned both sides with warm, soapy water, reapplied as per the instructions and it looks better than the first time.

And yes, the side pieces are more than big enough to cover the entire area where your legs rub up against the tank.

Can the XPEL film be repositioned indefinitely? I put the regular Tankslapper film on my Bonneville because I didn't trust my abilities with the 3M film. My film has become stained, however, and I have been unable to clean it. I wrote to Tankslapper and I was told to try cleaning it with a high-speed polisher, which I don't have.

You did a great job with the film install.

I believe it can. At the very least, it can be removed and repositioned enough times to get it right. The XPEL film is supposed to be much easier to maintain and kept looking good. I think you'd find it's a much better product than the regular Tankslapper film.

There was a scrap piece of film included with the kit so you can practice before you apply the actual pieces, if you're concerned about your technique.

I've been impressed enough by the XPEL film that I bought some bulk film to make a couple pieces for the front of the tank. I will almost certainly have to remove and reposition it a few times just to get the shape right so I'll post a follow-up when it's done, hopefully within the next few days.

Thanks. I look forward to your followup post.
 
That is cool, but I'm curious if it is more of a satiny black finish or silvery like the picture suggests? How do you think the color would appear if it were on a red tank?
 
Back
Top