tank knee pads

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
The sides of my tank were picking up some scuff marks and I remembered that a guy on the FZ1 forum was making pads. Sent him an email and he said if I'd send him a pattern he make some up. He sent me some drawings of the result with my nickname and the Honda wing. I picked the wing and like the result.
Here is his email address and his name is Lonnie.
lllondonx2@sbcglobal.net
 
They look good, Gcarper. He's done a good job. I like the wing.
 
Thread starter
Romo1969_imp said:
Love it. Can he do any shape?
I would love it to mimic the lines of the tank more for my taste.
Romo
You send him the shape and he can make it. Send him an email and he'll let you know.
You send him the shape and he can make it. Send him an email and he'll let you know. Hey Romo, let me know how the shape you're thinking of works out. When Lonnie ask me for a shape all I could come up with was the old Triumph knee pad shape. I might like yours better.
Thanks
 
gcarper_imp said:
The sides of my tank were picking up some scuff marks and I remembered that a guy on the FZ1 forum was making pads. Sent him an email and he said if I'd send him a pattern he make some up. He sent me some drawings of the result with my nickname and the Honda wing. I picked the wing and like the result.
Here is his email address and his name is Lonnie.
lllondonx2@sbcglobal.net
How do they attach?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:
The sides of my tank were picking up some scuff marks and I remembered that a guy on the FZ1 forum was making pads. Sent him an email and he said if I'd send him a pattern he make some up. He sent me some drawings of the result with my nickname and the Honda wing. I picked the wing and like the result.
Here is his email address and his name is Lonnie.
lllondonx2@sbcglobal.net
How do they attach?
How do they attach? Lonnie recommends a 3M product that you spray on the pads and allow to set up for 3 or 4 seconds. It is easily removable and can be cleaned up with mineral sprits or paint thinner.
Elipten_imp said:
What is the material? Does he do carbon fiber?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a neoprene material and I don't know about carbon fiber. You'll have to email him about that.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:
The sides of my tank were picking up some scuff marks and I remembered that a guy on the FZ1 forum was making pads. Sent him an email and he said if I'd send him a pattern he make some up. He sent me some drawings of the result with my nickname and the Honda wing. I picked the wing and like the result.
Here is his email address and his name is Lonnie.
lllondonx2@sbcglobal.net
How do they attach?
How do they attach? I went down to the cycle shed and looked at the adhesive, it's Loctite spray adhesive medium 200.
 
Thanks Gcarper.
 
When a sunny day returns I'll get some pics of my CB, which just received some carbon fiber bits last week. I wanted carbon fiber on my next bike and since I bought the CB rather than a Duc, it gets some carbon. Looks nice I think.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top