Tanax mirrors

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Saw these on Samurider.

I figure they match the style I am going for more than the factory round mirrors.

I emailed Takashi and he said they would be about $100 shipped with a 2 week estimate to my door.

I found them on Amazon from a 3rd party seller from Japan for $59 shipped, with about a month estimated to arrive. I am in no rush so that is the option I chose.

I will update once they arrive.

They are available in either chrome or black.






Found an on bike pic-

 
Those look great.

When I look at the CB1100, the only feature that really stands out as looking "a little off" is the mirrors but I really couldn't visualize what would look better (I'm not a very creative fellow) these should fit the bill nicely.
 
I’d be interested to see how they work out for you. My only concern is the retaining screw coming loose while riding.
 
Thread starter
The mirrors arrived at the post office today. I will open them up and hopefully install them when I get home from work this evening.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Well- the title of the Amazon page says left and right.

The description says left and right common goods.

I received one mirror.

So I contacted the seller and amazon to see what they can do.

My beef is that it does not say left OR right. And it says good's'...as in plural.
 
That Amazon description is pure unintelligible Jinglish:

"Color: AZ mirror that conforms to the new safety standards in the chrome-plated product introduction — mirror size and Turner mechanism. Big naked Is boned design of Recommended! — it can be adjusted in position to overhang with a single screw. You can certainly ensure the rearward visibility. — 10mm positive screw specifications. Left and right common goods. Please be sure to check product specifications and compliance at before attention — purchase of Usage manufacturer HP. — The image is an image. — It is a product conforms to the new safety standards in all year."

"Goods" is a noun that could mean one or several. "Good" is an adjective.
It's like "pants".

Amazon is pretty good about returns. You should be able to return it if you haven't opened it or installed it. Be sure to leave feedback so no one else has the same problem.
 
Thread starter
Update – the seller refunded me 1/2 of the cost. I then placed an order for another mirror – I found it on eBay from we bike for $51 shipped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Holy moly – I placed the order for the mirror from we bike on eBay on Friday, and I just left the post office and it was sitting there waiting for me. That is insane! For $51 shipped, I would advise everyone that is the place to get them since it was painless and extremely fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I absolutely love these mirrors.

The visibility is greatly improved over the stock round units, and they fit the style of the bike much better.

Money well spent.
 
Thread starter
I haven't noticed any vibration- but I also both tend to keep the revs below 3500 as this is my leisurely bike- and if I am on the throttle- I am looking at the road ahead- not my mirrors.
 
Back
Top