tall cozy seat pics

fredkb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I never got any pics of tall cozy seat installed, so I just ordered one any way. Here are some pics at different angles for those of you interested. I also have the ventura sport rack / grab handle system on the bike also.

Cozy seat and grab handle.



Seat and sport rack



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Mor
 
Thread starter
I just installed this morning and have not been on a ride yet. It does feel flatter and a little higher. I will report back on this same thread later with a review.
I am having problems posting and editing pics. They updated my tapatalk app and it does not work the same.
ed4f1f2bca202dcba9925d83d83a73f6.jpg
2aa08dc80aa69e02b014feb8026f1a8e.jpg

I think I figured out how to post larger pics instead of thumbnails.
447d71b55e79333bc782f7b350e4dcdb.jpg
1d78b5ec89f017677052e75e35aa3acc.jpg
5787cd3652a1897cb051daaad0e0f4f9.jpg
10fdef63c38ae8a937b77f40c3298c7c.jpg
038b9e75bbaba644e5cc83dc1c064e55.jpg
d476e21c233e7975d02933cc6ec4aec8.jpg
 
Very nice :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have the Ventura system on my CB900F and think that's what I'm going to get for the 1100. I like the feature of being able to take the rack off when not needed.
Thanks for posting the great pics so I could see what it looks like on the bike!!
 
Very keen on a ride report. What is your inseam? I have 36" to stow and the factory seat is a wee bit low.
 
Good looking seat.

I don't care for rear racks on motorcycles much, but if I did, I think I'd like one like that. Very European looking in my eye. Has to be very useful.
 
Thread starter
I took a good 2 hour ride this morning. Thought I would give my thoughts on the tall cozy seat. It does sit a little higher. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. On the stock seat at a standstill, I could put both feet flat on the ground with ease. With the cozy seat, my feet are raised on the ball of my feet with heels not touching ground. Some of that has to do with the extra width in the seat. My knees are not bent as far, but it is a slight but noticable difference. The seat does not have a steep step in center, which does allow for easier sliding back to change positions. The seat is firmer also allowing easier position changes to keep butt from getting hot spots.

The stock seat was too soft for me. I felt like I was glued to one position, unable to slide forward or back without standing up enough to lift butt completely off seat to change positions. The cozy allows you to slide forward or back without having to raise butt off of seat. The cozy does have a little upward angle from front of seat to rear. I thought it would cause me to slide forward into tank, but it is barely noticeable. Overall I like the seat. The k and h seat may be a little more comfortable, I dont know as I have never tried one, but for the difference in price, I am very satisfied with the cozy. The cozy looks more authentic retro to me than the k and h.

The next question is -chrome strip on tank or not ?
954cb83d34779bcda656601a9a4a26fc.jpg
36509b7ed9ee4de58d08e237675dc021.jpg

Couple pics with chrome strip on tank.
7f39ede41f828a40a32fe597a3056360.jpg
bcdc518771c30bb2fd5a48a9ff8fc7a8.jpg
9b57f4c7f6e32059d3caa0e8e9bf038d.jpg
 
fredkb,

Ordinarily I would say no to the "Chrome Strip/Door Edge Guard", but since it matches that on the seat and it looks like a continuation of the same feature, I say yes...it works on your bike.

The only time I have used Door Edge Guard was on my VTX1800 and I used black trim to hide the seam on a black tank. It softened the seam edge and prevented me from barking my knuckles when working on or cleaning the bike.

Basically, I'm not big on adding non-functional, pseudo chrome bits to anything.

I am curious as to why you would not have gone with the Tiros, K-Style Seat instead of the Daytona Cozy. The Tiros seems to have a cleaner appearance without the stainless or chrome strips.
 
Thread starter
I strongly considered the Tiros seat, but it had a wrinkled appearance on some of the photos and it also seemed a little too large for my taste. Also, I like the chrome strip on seat as it has a more vintage look from the 70's, from when I was in my early teens.
 
Thanks for the words on the seat, sounds like a good buy.
I agree that the chrome trim on the tank edge works on these bikes, especially when the retro seats with matching trim are used.
 
fredkb_imp said:
I strongly considered the Tiros seat, but it had a wrinkled appearance on some of the photos and it also seemed a little too large for my taste. Also, I like the chrome strip on seat as it has a more vintage look from the 70's, from when I was in my early teens.
You are correct. I have the Tiro, and even though much of the wrinkling has worked its way out since first receiving it, there is still some left here and there. From what I've seen, the Cozy looks to be slightly better quality, and a more finished look with the chrome strips and buttons.
However - personally, I liked the all-black appearance of the Tiro, and really needed the extra height for more leg room. And the fact that it may be the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever owned makes it a win-win-win for me!
Your bike looks great, Fred. The chrome strips on the tank wouldn't work for me, but looks perfect with that new seat on yours. Very cool, and very retro! :thumbsup:
 
Looking at the K version ( first pic) that Fred posted, I wonder what the big round cap on the rh side cover is for? I know on the original it was for the oil tank, but these bikes don't have an oil tank, so what is the cap affixed to? ( the side cover itself?)
 
Ferret, I wondered the same... from what info I have gathered the cap is just for show to make it look like the old CB's
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley, I love the look of the Tiro seat with the chrome grab bar. It was meant to go together. I f I hadn't already installed the ventura system I probably would have ordered Tiros and chrome grab bar. I saw your pics and your bike looked great. It also inspired me to paint my silver side cover matte black with plasti dip. I left one side silver and one side black for now till I make up my mind which I like best. I am leaning toward matte black.
If I go with the black, I will probably order the 2014 matte black side covers from Samurider for my 2013. Here are a couple of pics for comparison.
4dac64fc5766dfa0f1aad3f169c12264.jpg
d38507290caf37eb70158541a0815761.jpg
 
ScottSny_imp said:
Ferret, I wondered the same... from what info I have gathered the cap is just for show to make it look like the old CB's
At first I was tempted to yell 'foul' at the fake oil filler cap, but then I like the fake cylinder and head 'cooling' fins on my VTX13, so I guess I'm as guilty as the next form over function slave :-)
 
Thread starter
Hello everyone. I bought some matte black side covers from Papa Weeley. Here is a couple of pics with them installed. Thanks Papa Weeley.
40fefa43d98b73191f67924bfb31899a.jpg
9239fc9f44eba6e17e1de892dca23075.jpg
0b8256227fe8e840f23d17009e248834.jpg
 
Back
Top