Tail-light Mount

eddi0_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I assume I bumped a tailight when parking in my garage but now I have a tailight that is hanging, broke from its mount.

My questions are:

1) Is this an OEM setup (or aftermarket)? I bought this bike heavily modified and I cannot find the OEM part number for the mount. Any ideas?

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2014-honda-cb1100/o/m155474#sch848030

2) If this is not OEM, does anyone know the manufacturer of this setup/mount?

*hard to detect in the pic but I circled (in gold) the area it is cracked, I've propped it back up but is dangling without the prop. The 2nd image is of the non-cracked right side.

Thanks, as always, for the help.



 
That turn signal bracket looks to me like SW Motech, I have one on my '14 but seems different...maybe they have a few versions, totally different brand or your pic does not show/covered by your red reflector??


d8d0898ae131adf98e1aaef45f88cf9a.jpg



From your pic it looks like: bracket is aftermarket, turn signal OEM.
What is damage, bracket, turn signal or both??

OEM parts, think you have'14 DLX
https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/c/honda_motorcycle/parts
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
That turn signal bracket looks to me like SW Motech, I have one on my '14 but seems different...maybe they have a few versions, totally different brand or your pic does not show/covered by your red reflector??


d8d0898ae131adf98e1aaef45f88cf9a.jpg



From your pic it looks like: bracket is aftermarket, turn signal OEM.
What is damage, bracket, turn signal or both??

OEM parts, think you have'14 DLX
https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/c/honda_motorcycle/parts
Just bracket, yes, it's a 14' DLX. Saddle bags are SW Motech so you might be on to something. Thanks for the response.
 
You may remove the red deflector or compare your bracket with my pic, up to you.
Let me know, so I may provide further assistance, if needed??
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
You may remove the red deflector or compare your bracket with my pic, up to you.
Let me know, so I may provide further assistance, if needed??
Tore it apart (as much as I could) and looks to not be the same as yours. No manufacturer stamp on it either. They've threaded the wires through it as well, not sure how to remove them without tearing the wires from the terminals. Any help is appreciated. Taillights are now not functioning (stop is) so got myself in a pickle haha

8f3058ad17f59374d2ff152f5e702754.


62970b2723c16894850a662cdf806f11.
 
Different look/design bracket would not stop me from fixing.
I would say, my bracket will fit your DLX/tail light. To run the wires through, I drilled sufficient hole in the lower/black lamp's base, as per pic.
You can also fabricate your own bracket from an adequately nice metal strap, bent it into a "U" shape, drill 2+2 holes for the turn signals and 2 holes for the mounting bolts = done for U$10.

My OEM/SW-Motech Quick-Lock EVO Side Carrier, which I ordered through the Canadian Twisted Throttle a few years ago info:

Blinker Bracket part # 1 as per pic bellow is: KFT.01.328.001
Fits both, the '13 & '14 models CB1100

3df86417b88bba5b57df195770759975.jpg


6d8bbe445206392ce217ef11f6a0faec.jpg


fd915819328980dee255fc4ac0671263.jpg


0b147342afeafcde23e763a944fd8775.jpg

The white bike has Evo installed.

Hope it helps :)
 
Back
Top