Tail Bag

TwoBrothersBusa_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Went on 200+ mile trip today and figured out along the way that I don't like my old faithful JoeRocket Manta tank bag on this bike.

After a bit of research, I'm going to give this one a try.

e96212fb8abc3a28b8ed0c49e85b3c07.jpg
 
Looks like a nice bag. I run both a tank bag and tail bag most of the time.
 
I have that exact tail bag on mine it fits perfect on the back portion of the seat and I simply cross the straps and loop them to the cargo studs on the grab rails it looks and functions really well!!
 
I've had the same NR bag for a couple of years. I love it. Holding up wonderfully.

In it I carry a pint of gas, a tire plugger, a compressor, a jump battery, a bottle of water, and snacks. It's expandable so it will hold my jacket liner when it warms up.

I plug in to my SAE battery charger wired up next to the grab rails and snake the wire in to the bag to charge my spare GoPro batteries and phone in the bag on longer rides.
 
I crossed my straps and put the loops on the studs super solid! I did shorten the straps on mine though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Now why didn't I think about that, instead of under the seat at the front and down to the passenger peg bracket at the back.
On my to-do list for tomorrow.
Thanks!
 
Thread starter
on of my tail bags is a tank bag, turned backwards...





If/when I need a bigger tail bag, my dog carrier thingie takes care of that ...:idea:

 
Another Nelson-Rigg bag, this one a little older model. I didn't trust the straps sewn in so I bolted them in and changed the hooks to ones that fit more securely.
Maybe it's more like Jerry-Rigg.
 


I think that Nelson Rigg bag looks great. My tail bag lately has been a milk crate which straps on with two Roc Straps and is easy to mount and remove from the pillion seat. Great for a beer run. Also, as you can see in the pic, you can strap stuff to the outside panels for additional capacity. Tank Bag is a biker purse. I used to use a milk crate on the back of my bicycle as a kid so it does kind of have a retro aspect to it. My Harley friend was aghast when he saw it..:)
 
Mandrau_imp said:
I think that Nelson Rigg bag looks great. My tail bag lately has been a milk crate which straps on with two Roc Straps and is easy to mount and remove from the pillion seat. Great for a beer run. Also, as you can see in the pic, you can strap stuff to the outside panels for additional capacity. Tank Bag is a biker purse. I used to use a milk crate on the back of my bicycle as a kid so it does kind of have a retro aspect to it. My Harley friend was aghast when he saw it..:)
That's awesome! You sure you didn't own a KLR650 at some point? : )
 
Back
Top