Tail bag recommendations?

Scotty_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I need something modest to carry my burritos home. Getting tired of the backpack, and I can't see covering that beautiful tank. So what small carriers have been used on the seat behind the rider? Thank you
 
Thread starter
Thank you. And before I get flamed: I did discover the Gear section of this forum and am using the search engine.
 
Don’t worry Scotty. You won’t get flamed here. Well, unless you start an oil discussion...

I have a Nelson Rig bag on my ST1300 seat and the CB has an old Cortech (old now, I bought it new 7 years ago) Don’t know the models, but there are a lot of options.

And yes I also have top cases mounted.
 
Thread starter
Ah, I am going to change the oil ASAP as I don't know what's in there. What do you guys think? 10W-30 v. 10W-40? Semi-synthetic v. full synthetic? OEM filter v other?



Just kidding!!! That's me joking. I am also a Toyota Land Cruiser fanatic and have rebuilt a couple engines for myself. I've definitely gone down a few rabbit holes learning about engine lube! I've also done the oil search on this Forum, lol.
Scotty

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Don’t worry Scotty. You won’t get flamed here. Well, unless you start an oil discussion...

I have a Nelson Rig bag on my ST1300 seat and the CB has an old Cortech (old now, I bought it new 7 years ago) Don’t know the models, but there are a lot of options.

And yes I also have top cases mounted.
 
Scotty, we'll tell you only once, but 'round here there's only one oil to use:

 
Thread starter
Whew, good - I just ordered some off Ebay last night. Glad to know I got the good stuff.
Scotty

Cormanus_imp said:
Scotty, we'll tell you only once, but 'round here there's only one oil to use:

 
Gee, I'm not so sure where to get that oil. Some people at work told me about a guy in a different department who had a lot of Hubris, so I thought I might get a good deal. I tried to ask him but he was kind of a jerk.
 
Scotty seems like an easy to get along with fellow. I like that.

I also use a Cortech tail bag.
 
I like the expandable seat bag as I’ve missed out on couple used rear OEM racks/top cases but the bag is more practical as I don’t even get out of the zip code these days on the CB
feb5094c48d86cfb139cc787240d9d4e.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
pekingduck_imp said:
Gee, I'm not so sure where to get that oil. Some people at work told me about a guy in a different department who had a lot of Hubris, so I thought I might get a good deal. I tried to ask him but he was kind of a jerk.
:rofl:
 
Scotty, I'll throw my hat in the ring for the expandable Nelson Rigg bag. I had a few of them until I sold them here when I went to Givi racks on both of my bikes.

With the Commuter fully expanded, I was able to jam a small laptop in it when I needed to. So, plenty of burrito room. I had it on my Bonneville, and tucked the straps under the seat and attached them to mount points below the seat cushion, so that there weren't any straps rubbing on the fender or back area of the bike.
 
Another Nelson-Rigg vote. They seem to be the Givi of tail bags. Mine is the Commuter Lite, the smallest one, and mine is also a slightly older version. The newest versions use 4 quick clip straps, handy if you remove the bag regularly, or if you strap it to the grab rails instead of under the seat.

If you strap it around/under the seat as I did (same either new or old version), the rear strap shouldn't block this bump in the seat base that centers the seat lock, otherwise it will be even harder to lock the seat. I looped my front strap around the Owner's Manual compartment lip so it wouldn't slide backwards. Even as the smallest bag, it gets pushed back overhanging the seat by my generous proportions.
 
Back
Top