holy666diver_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
I saw the TADAO: Power Box-Short on samurider. Has anyone installed this on their bike? 2014? How does the center stand work with it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Plus the exhaust comes with a centerstand stop, at least on mine!twiin640_imp said:I'll let you know in a week when mine arrives and I install it. I have a 2013 and according to all I've found the center stand stays and doesn't pose any problems.
It should. That is the "power box".twiin640_imp said:DGShannon,
I have the same concerns about power as well. I'm hoping that the big box that's mounted under the bike takes care of that. I hope to get mine this week.
OK, we have given you two days... :huh:twiin640_imp said:So I ordered this exhaust the first week of March. I finally got it in the mail today. It was shipped right away by Samurider, it appears that there was a snafu at my local post office. Anyhoo, I hope to install it tomorrow night and I'll post my feelings and observations. I may even take some pics.

Excellent feedback. Thanks. My main objective is also the cosmetic change, and not noise. I have also owned a Buell, so I can identify with what you're saying.twiin640_imp said:DGShannon,
I was as anxious as you to get the exhaust installed but life gets in the way so didn't get to it until this morning. I've decided not to post pics because they'll be no different the the others who have posted pics about this exhaust. Here are my observations:
Install:
Very easy to install. It took me approx. 1 hour. I put my laptop in the garage and followed the youtube video by sptadao on the install of this exhaust. At the youtube search bar type "CB1100 Power Box Install". This is the link if I copied it correctly.
It's all in Japanese but the video is very well done.
Sound:
The sound is a deeper tone. It isn't obnoxious or loud, but a noticeable deeper tone than stock. In my opinion, the audio online is close but not close enough to the real sound. If possible, try to find someone with this exhaust and listen to it. Personally I like the quietness of the stock exhaust and only got the powerbox because it wasn't loud and it's smaller than the tree trunk stocker that came on the bike.
Weight:
I didn't weigh the powerbox. I'm not worried about weight. I won't be doing track days or anything like that. Once again I just wanted to get rid of the tree trunk stocker. I was a Bueller before getting the CB so I'm used to the exhaust being tucked away under the bike or at least a bit smaller. The powerbox is the most I can stand hanging out to the side without wanting to get a saws all out and doing some "mods".
Power:
I don't know yet. It's 32 degrees right now where I live so I won't be riding today. I'll post again once I've had a day or two to test it out.
Anyhoo, I like it and would recommend it to someone who wants a smaller profile exhaust and a deeper tone than the stock exhaust.
Ride On![]()