T-Rex cb1100 crashbars

Mikestib1_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Saw these on their website and am considering them instead of SW motec guards. Anyone tried them? They seem to offer a good bit of protection for idiots like me who fall over for no reason. Thanks

It's T. rex racing.com. They also make crash cages for stunters. They seem well engineered. Only saw one review on Amazon but it was favorable.
 
Thread starter
They are mounted at 3 points to the frame and gave replaceable slider inserts. I think they are made by T. rex racing in Texas. I'm about to pull the trigger on them. They seem first rate and made for low siding or high siding. I usually low side thank goodness
 
Thread starter
I ordered mine today. They just seem to provide more protection than the SWM bars. I like the built in sliders. They are wider also. I also bought a R&G muffler protector so I'm ready for low siding in the driveway.
 
aschem_imp said:
Have T-Rex sliders on by Buell; would buy them again.
Care to elaborate?

Why wouldn't you buy them again? Lack of strength/rigidity? Bad fitment? Aesthetically unpleasant?
 
Er ... Timpo, aschem says he WOULD buy them again.
 
I'm interested in the diameter of the tubing and if you're able to attach foot pegs without a lot of clamp modification.
 
Thread starter
Mine should arrive the 17th. I'll keep you posted. I imagine the tubing diameter is less than 7/8 inch. I don't plan using highway pegs for personal safety and control compromises.
 
Thread starter
Looks to me if you want to add footpeg X buy the SW motec crashbars and MfW footpegs. About $282 from Revzilla or Twisted throttle.
 
If I recall, DFW Honda had a black standard CB1100 with these bars. I looked at it each time I walked in but I didn't want such big bars on my DLX. I'm still leaning toward the Honda crash bars or SW Mo Tech.
 
Thread starter
Roper_imp said:
I'm interested in the diameter of the tubing and if you're able to attach foot pegs without a lot of clamp modification.
Received them today and are well made but tubing dia. is3/4"
 
Thread starter
Easy install, good quality. I'm very happy with them. Hopefully I won't test their crash worthiness anytime soon,but at least I'm prepared.
 
Trex guards look great and protective for the price ..

I just installed the The honda oem crash guards yesterday as they were on sale from webbike japan for $149 shipped to usa on eBay
 
Thread starter
I paid $169 including shipping. Bought them directly from T. rex racing. Got a discount put paid shipping. Seemed fair.
The other side
 
Back
Top