Symmetry

Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
One of the things that makes a motorcycle beautiful to me is the symmetry, the balance if you will. Each side looks very much like the other side..whether from the side, or head on, or from the rear, you see the same thing. It's one of the things that appeals to me most about the CB Deluxe, and what bothered me the most about the 2013 model I had. I know a 4 into 1 was one of the most popular mods on multi cylinder bikes from the 70s and 80s. I even put one on my 83 GS 1100E Suzuki, although immediately I knew the " look" bothered me. There was a big gaping hole on the left side where a muffler should be. The feng shui was off. It was out of balance ( visually).

This photo shows why I made the move to the 2014. A muffler on each side. The feng shui will be in order and life will be good again. Ahhhhhhhhhh



Have I mentioned yet, this 4 in 2 always reminds me of a wheelbarrow? :P

Can't help, I like the 4 in 1 on the right side much more: less weight, less cleaning, free access to the chain, less risk to get burned and easy climbing from left on the bike.

For me it also looks better, not so baroque. I like form follows function, no useless material. This is Feng Shui to me. :thumbsup:

Have I mentioned yet, this 4 in 2 always reminds me of a wheelbarrow? :P

Can't help, I like the 4 in 1 on the right side much more: less weight, less cleaning, free access to the chain, less risk to get burned and easy climbing from left on the bike.

For me it also looks better, not so baroque. I like form follows function, no useless material. This is Feng Shui to me. :thumbsup:
Looks like the right side pipe is lower than the left?
 
Thread starter
Boy, you one pipers are a jealous lot :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
28 degrees in my garage. Warm enough to ride, but not warm enough to work on em lol. Might be awhile.
 
The ferret_imp said:
28 degrees in my garage. Warm enough to ride, but not warm enough to work on em lol. Might be awhile.
(Imagine a graphic of an emoticon rolling on the floor laughing here, since I can't seem to insert it with my phone.)

Classic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Put a heater in that garage...
 
Elipten_imp said:
I'm still waiting to see that red headlight bucket in place Mr. ferret?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Too bad there isn't a red taillight bracket. That would balance out the painted headlight bucket and create better fore/aft symmetry.
 
Thread starter
red tail light lens balances it out :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
red tail light lens balances it out :thumbsup:
Actually, I bet if the black plastic part of the taillight bracket was red, that might look pretty good. It would tie in nicely to the red bucket/chrome ring on the headlight.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
I'm still waiting to see that red headlight bucket in place Mr. ferret?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Too bad there isn't a red taillight bracket. That would balance out the painted headlight bucket and create better fore/aft symmetry.
I don't understand how these symmetry guys sleep at night knowing that it is so glaringly obvious that they have that big chain and sprocket only on one side of the bike. Maybe Mr. T can make some bucks off of a dual chain drive setup! :shy:

c03006dfec9fedc545e722f50229e570.jpg
 
Thread starter
chain and sprocket on 1 side is balanced by rotor and caliper on the other side.
 
The ferret_imp said:
chain and sprocket on 1 side is balanced by rotor and caliper on the other side.
No, no. "chain and sprocket on 1 side is balanced by rotor and caliper" and single pipe "on the other side." It takes the pipe as well, since the chain and sprockets are much heavier (weight and visual) than a rotor and caliper.
 
Tank labels are off center too!!! I would not buy that bike.

Right rear signal is higher also Red kill switch only on 1 side

Bikes totally out of balance
 
CIP57_imp said:
Tank labels are off center too!!! I would not buy that bike.

Right rear signal is higher also Red kill switch only on 1 side

Bikes totally out of balance
I know that's right. That's why one of those pipes are a little higher than the other and there should be another sticker saying "no step" and "your coffee and this pipe can cause serious burns" on that left hand pipe and then another matching sticker on the other pipe saying "see other pipe".
 
Back
Top