Sweet Onions

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It's harvest time for Sweet Vidalia Onions next month. Took this photo Sunday afternoon beside an onion field in Wayne County. By mid April the air will be filled with the wonderful smell of sweet onions.

 
Ewwwww.... I don't allow onions in my house. Eyuk

Nice looking bike though!
 
Ferret, Vidalia onions are not like regular onions. They don't burn your eyes. Or mouth. They are sweet onions. Heaven on Earth, from Georgia.

Only genuine onions from Vidalia or that area are the ones you want. Others are pretenders.
 
When Mrs Ferret and I rode the Natchez Trace we stayed one night in Vidalia, Misissippi. Even the name gave me the heebie jeebies
 
Thread starter
Ferret, I think Vidalia's would change your mind about onions. They really are sweet and get even sweeter when cooked.

You just need to learn how to pronounce it right. People from up "nawth" like to say "vih' dahl yah". Just say "vi dail' yah" and it sounds just as sweet as the onion namesake.
 
Do they crunch in your teeth when you bite them?
 
Well, yeah. Is that bad? :)

When raw they do. Not when cooked.
 
Oh yea..that's bad. I have a pretty big onion phobia lol
 
Arrrggghhhhhh

I have some funny onion stories for you guys at the rally
 
Back
Top