Look for the "View Today's Posts" link in the upper right hand part of the page and click on it. You will be surprised at how many things you can make a comment on. You will get there before you know it. I am sure many will see these posts and want to help, if they can, too. Good luck. Keep us posted.
I swapped a 2017 tank (purchased from forum member pekingduck) onto my 2014 std, and IIRC, all I needed was a different fuel cap. He may have swapped out the fuel pump, though. I went with a keyless fuel cap so I didn’t have to mess with a second key, or getting it keyed to match the ignition.
The 2017 cap uses a completely different style of key from earlier models, and there is no way of cutting keys to match or changing the locks. I have to carry two keys, unfortunately.