Swapping front ends? and Exhaust? cbf1000 to cb1100

ColinSiR_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I just bought a cb1100 hit on the front and I have a cbf1000 and curious if anyone has swapped the front forks? Also I need to put a stock exhaust back on this bike and have a dual exhaust off a cbf1000 as well. Has anyone done any swapping??!!

Thanks...Colin
 
Interesting project.
You would have to get the triple clamps from the F to work on the CB. The inverted forks would be a great improvement.
The exhaust I really don't think it has a chance.
Keep us updated.......

Ack
 
Thread starter
I will post what Ive done after the weekend. The fork tubes are the same diameter. The forks on the cbf1000 arent inverted so it looks like they will be a direct fit. Only difference Ill have to deal with is rotor/caliper combo that I will try to figure out this weekend. Its nice working at a bike wrecker!!!

Thanks...Colin
I will be chopping the rear and cleaning it up but this will be after the write-off inspection!!!!
I have some ducati bars that I will be putting on and who knows what else Ill try to fit on this bike! I love it though!
 
ColinSiR_imp said:
I will post what Ive done after the weekend. The fork tubes are the same diameter. The forks on the cbf1000 arent inverted so it looks like they will be a direct fit. Only difference Ill have to deal with is rotor/caliper combo that I will try to figure out this weekend. Its nice working at a bike wrecker!!!

Thanks...Colin
I will be chopping the rear and cleaning it up but this will be after the write-off inspection!!!!
I have some ducati bars that I will be putting on and who knows what else Ill try to fit on this bike! I love it though!
That's even easier, I guess you don't have the F wheel and brakes.
Sounds like great fun :D, will check back Monday.
The only picture I saw was this F, some kind of photo shop project?

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-...ar-design/honda-cbf1000-luca-bar-design-2.jpg


Ack
 
Back
Top