Swap my Triumph Tiger for a CB1100

Bighonda14_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I live in northern NJ and would like to trade my 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC for a 2014 Honda CB1100DLX. Are there many used bikes out there that fit this description?

Any forum members who live in my neck of the woods that I could meet up with?

Are dealers likely to have brand new 2014 DLX's that never sold?

Thanks!
Though my preference is to trade with another owner to avoid the cost of buying brand new. Thanks for any suggestions.
 
First off howdy and welcome to the forum. Secondly, no dealer has a DLX not sold. Sometimes one will come up for sale here but it's rare, and they don't last long. You can still find 14 std in stock at some dealers (my dealer has one) and maybe a 13 std but I think they are probably all sold out now..
 
Around the Dallas-Fort Worth area, no dealer has a DLX. There are a few 14 standards in stock, but the dealers are now asking full retail for them. CylceTrader sometimes lists good deals. If you're lucky, you'll find a DLX with low miles. I recently bought a new 14 std from a dealer. I love it. I figure if I really want to make it into a DLX, there's enough info here on the site for converting to 4-2 exhausts, and ordering different colors of side panels and different tanks. I didn't think I'd like the black and chrome look. I bought the bike for its engine and riding position. Now I love the black and chrome minimalism. A black Yosimura full exhaust is on the wish list!
 
BigHonda,

I think we determined that only about 300 DLX's were brought into the US. If you see one for sale anywhere, you pretty much have to jump on it-right then--no matter where it is. And maybe do a fly and ride. Or drive and trailer :)

At least one member missed out because he dallied. And another member bought it! He missed out by only a few hours as it turned out. It may. have been a '13 ABS though, another rare model.
 
My dealer has a new 2014 black standard on the showroom and maybe a few more just like it as yet uncrated in the warehouse. They are on sale for $8999. I bought mine a week ago and just picked it up Saturday and got it for $7500 (after negotiating), plus tax/license and setup/destination fees. "OTD" would have been just under $9000, but I financed thru HMC at 3.2% over 5 years, with no down. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

Deluxes (new or used) are few and far between. I think there is one particular dealer in Huntsville, AL advertising on Cycle Trader with several. If you are willing to travel to buy a DLX, that might be your best bet.
 
Only 300 DLX's for the entire US market :huh: :huh: :huh:
If true, that's quite shocking!!!
No wonder we only got one model and so few in Canada.
I count myself lucky that I happened to be at the dealer in 2014 the day the only two in this area arrived by truck.
I took one sight unseen.
 
dsinned_imp said:
My dealer has a new 2014 black standard on the showroom and maybe a few more just like it as yet uncrated in the warehouse. They are on sale for $8999. I bought mine a week ago and just picked it up Saturday and got it for $7500 (after negotiating), plus tax/license and setup/destination fees. "OTD" would have been just under $9000, but I financed thru HMC at 3.2% over 5 years, with no down. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

Deluxes (new or used) are few and far between. I think there is one particular dealer in Huntsville, AL advertising on Cycle Trader with several. If you are willing to travel to buy a DLX, that might be your best bet.
I'm betting it is a leader ad to get guys in and swap them to a standard. No dealer I know of that has advertised having DLX's in stock have actually had any.
 
Rocky, the DLX's weren't just brought over. You, or a dealer, had to order them. I don't remember how we found out or determined the 300 number, but thats what was mentioned on the board during discussions. I know my dealer never got one. Don't know about the other dealers around here.
 
The ferret_imp said:
dsinned_imp said:
My dealer has a new 2014 black standard on the showroom and maybe a few more just like it as yet uncrated in the warehouse. They are on sale for $8999. I bought mine a week ago and just picked it up Saturday and got it for $7500 (after negotiating), plus tax/license and setup/destination fees. "OTD" would have been just under $9000, but I financed thru HMC at 3.2% over 5 years, with no down. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

Deluxes (new or used) are few and far between. I think there is one particular dealer in Huntsville, AL advertising on Cycle Trader with several. If you are willing to travel to buy a DLX, that might be your best bet.
I'm betting it is a leader ad to get guys in and swap them to a standard. No dealer I know of that has advertised having DLX's in stock have actually had any.
I'm betting it is a leader ad to get guys in and swap them to a standard. No dealer I know of that has advertised having DLX's in stock have actually had any.
If it's the same place, they have one, but no negotiation on price.. Neighbors kid, who has a cafe'd cb650 he's made from parts, now wants a cb1100 after riding mine..

He's looking for a dlx but has a budget.. Said he found one in AL but no budging on price, they would deal a fair bit on the std.. Right now, if he can't find a dlx for his budget, he's gonna wait and pick up a std at the end of the season..
 
Unless your Hell bent on a "DLX", the bike to get is a standard 2014 (six speed). It looks terrific in black and discounted prices are hard to beat. I'll never miss ABS and although the seat, symmetrical headers and dual side pipes look better, there is a weight penalty. "If" you find a deluxe with some miles, you might be able to score one for a decent price, but chances are it won't be local.
 
There were no remaining new DLX's available at U.S. dealerships or in Honda's warehouse, according to American Honda, as recently as August 2015. Several local dealers corroborated that information.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rocky, the DLX's weren't just brought over. You, or a dealer, had to order them. I don't remember how we found out or determined the 300 number, but thats what was mentioned on the board during discussions. I know my dealer never got one. Don't know about the other dealers around here.
Rocky and popgun, I suggested it was 300 on the basis that the highest DLX VIN we have in the registry is 299, so it could be completely wrong. However, my view is it won't be too far of the mark.
 
Bighonda14_imp said:
I live in northern NJ and would like to trade my 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC for a 2014 Honda CB1100DLX. Are there many used bikes out there that fit this description?

Any forum members who live in my neck of the woods that I could meet up with?

Are dealers likely to have brand new 2014 DLX's that never sold?

Thanks!
Though my preference is to trade with another owner to avoid the cost of buying brand new. Thanks for any suggestions.
I live on Long Island and would like more info on your 2012 Triumph. My email detail@optonline.net
Andy
 
LongRanger_imp said:
There were no remaining new DLX's available at U.S. dealerships or in Honda's warehouse, according to American Honda, as recently as August 2015. Several local dealers corroborated that information.
Unless you have a good relationship with the dealer, or said dealer can work out a trade beneficial to them (dealerships trade with each other)... I have found that dealerships won't work too hard to find to find you a bike they wont sell you directly..

I had the issue with the RC51 over a decade ago.. Good friend got the first one in the area and I had a jones for one, badly.. Same dealer that sold my friend one, got another by trading some ATV's to a WV dealer, that went out the door fast that I found out about after the fact. I wanted to be the 3rd. The dealer said they couldn't get nor find a 3rd.. They were all about selling me something else however.. Found out later, they knew of other RC's but couldn't work a trade, so they didn't tell me about em.. I would have traveled to get one, but the dealer didn't tell me as they figured/hoped i would get something else...

Wasn't sorry to see that dealership close...
 
Thread starter
To Andy and anyone else who is interested:

My Triumph Tiger 800XC is a 2012, purchased new in 2013.

Color white, ABS, pristine condition, garage kept, meticulously maintained, and due to work and family commitment ridden very little in the 3 years I have owned it. Total mileage is under 800 miles.

Basically stock, with the addition of 2 Triumph accessories: center stand and fog lights.

I'm looking for a 2014 Honda CB1100 DLX in excellent condition, stock or near stock, for a trade.

I live in Northern NJ, USA.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
 
Bighonda14_imp said:
To Andy and anyone else who is interested:

My Triumph Tiger 800XC is a 2012, purchased new in 2013.

Color white, ABS, pristine condition, garage kept, meticulously maintained, and due to work and family commitment ridden very little in the 3 years I have owned it. Total mileage is under 800 miles.

Basically stock, with the addition of 2 Triumph accessories: center stand and fog lights.

I'm looking for a 2014 Honda CB1100 DLX in excellent condition, stock or near stock, for a trade.

I live in Northern NJ, USA.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Welcome, a lot of my extended family lives or is from Mahwah
 
Hey, Big, I'm down in Monmouth county and have both a Tiger 800 And a CB1100, both great bikes. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I live in South Orange... happy to meet up/ go riding etc... lmk.

Bighonda14_imp said:
I live in northern NJ and would like to trade my 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC for a 2014 Honda CB1100DLX. Are there many used bikes out there that fit this description?

Any forum members who live in my neck of the woods that I could meet up with?

Are dealers likely to have brand new 2014 DLX's that never sold?

Thanks!
Though my preference is to trade with another owner to avoid the cost of buying brand new. Thanks for any suggestions.
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
Hey, Big, I'm down in Monmouth county and have both a Tiger 800 And a CB1100, both great bikes. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Capo, which year and model of the CB1100 and the Tiger do you have? It's a small world! Would love to own one of each but the garage and life situation does not allow for it. :)
arva_imp said:
I live in South Orange... happy to meet up/ go riding etc... lmk.

Bighonda14_imp said:
I live in northern NJ and would like to trade my 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC for a 2014 Honda CB1100DLX. Are there many used bikes out there that fit this description?

Any forum members who live in my neck of the woods that I could meet up with?

Are dealers likely to have brand new 2014 DLX's that never sold?

Thanks!
Though my preference is to trade with another owner to avoid the cost of buying brand new. Thanks for any suggestions.
Thanks Arvo. Just sent you a PM.
 
Back
Top