SW Motech soft panniers

Ollie

Been there
Thread starter
This kit was on sale for $300 and came complete with expandable top load panniers with rain covers, removable stay brackets, turn signal relocation kit, and everything is nicely manufactured.
https://sw-motech.us/bike/HONDA/CB1100/2014/SC65/products/luggage/saddlebags/BLAZE/4052572047620.htm

Installation was straight forward but I did have one issue, the panniers stays are made for the CB1100 without a luggage rack and I have the OEM rack on my bike. The rack is wider than the seat so with it, the top of the panniers are out wider relative to the bottom. There is a pocket in the lower back of each pannier to slide over the stays. I ended up having about 1 1/2" cut out of each stainless steel stay then welded to position the bottom out more.

Mounting bracket for stay.


The stays themselves just snap out of the bracket to be removed when not using the panniers.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

[url=https://postimages.org/]

[url=https://postimages.org/]
 
Thread starter
Thanks ferret! I now can carry the Drybag and tent on the rear seat and rack with clothes and riding gear in the panniers. Just need a place top go, and Spring to arrive!
 
Plenty of places to ride to in this country. Need help with a list? Lol
 
Thread starter
You're right. LOL sure, I'm working on some ideas now. So far nothing too far mostly in the Appalachian region to mid west, one or two Guzzi rallies, a few 4-5 day rides to motorcycle only campgrounds in VA, NC, and maybe TWO. A 2 day (there and back) to a museum. I would really like to take 3-4 weeks to ride to and around Newfoundland, I was working on that a couple years ago but then the virus came..... and isn't going away.
 
Ollie_imp said:
You're right. LOL sure, I'm working on some ideas now. So far nothing too far mostly in the Appalachian region to mid west, one or two Guzzi rallies, a few 4-5 day rides to motorcycle only campgrounds in VA, NC, and maybe TWO. A 2 day (there and back) to a museum. I would really like to take 3-4 weeks to ride to and around Newfoundland, I was working on that a couple years ago but then the virus came..... and isn't going away.
Hopefully next summer will be as routine as last summer and you should be able to plan a calm trip to Newfoundland.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ollie_imp said:
You're right. LOL sure, I'm working on some ideas now. So far nothing too far mostly in the Appalachian region to mid west, one or two Guzzi rallies, a few 4-5 day rides to motorcycle only campgrounds in VA, NC, and maybe TWO. A 2 day (there and back) to a museum. I would really like to take 3-4 weeks to ride to and around Newfoundland, I was working on that a couple years ago but then the virus came..... and isn't going away.
Hopefully next summer will be as routine as last summer and you should be able to plan a calm trip to Newfoundland.
Hopefully.....
 
Ollie_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ollie_imp said:
You're right. LOL sure, I'm working on some ideas now. So far nothing too far mostly in the Appalachian region to mid west, one or two Guzzi rallies, a few 4-5 day rides to motorcycle only campgrounds in VA, NC, and maybe TWO. A 2 day (there and back) to a museum. I would really like to take 3-4 weeks to ride to and around Newfoundland, I was working on that a couple years ago but then the virus came..... and isn't going away.
Hopefully next summer will be as routine as last summer and you should be able to plan a calm trip to Newfoundland.
Hopefully.....
Hopefully.....
To Newfoundland? = :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Ollie_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ollie_imp said:
You're right. LOL sure, I'm working on some ideas now. So far nothing too far mostly in the Appalachian region to mid west, one or two Guzzi rallies, a few 4-5 day rides to motorcycle only campgrounds in VA, NC, and maybe TWO. A 2 day (there and back) to a museum. I would really like to take 3-4 weeks to ride to and around Newfoundland, I was working on that a couple years ago but then the virus came..... and isn't going away.
Hopefully next summer will be as routine as last summer and you should be able to plan a calm trip to Newfoundland.
Hopefully.....
Hopefully.....
To Newfoundland? = :thumbsup:
I'll do much of the U.S. first before I hit Newfoundland.

Probably hit Newfoundland before Hawaii.
 
Ollie_imp said:
I've done much of the US, a little of Canada, but not Alaska.
I've done more of the U.S. than Canada and would easily revisit parts of the U.S. over and over again. The U.S. has innumerable points-of-interests that should not be taken for granted.
 
I have a set of Cortech soft bags that came with a Nighthawk 750 I bought some years ago. They work on the CB, but the signal lights interfere with the mount, so I put the top case back on the CB. I don't like how it looks, but I have to admit it's handy. I can fit two handles of booze and a pair of take-out burger boxes, a task the soft bags would have struggled with. My only real gripe is that I have to use the key everytime I open the box. Is there no option to just latch it, without locking it every single time?
 
Thread starter
Yes the problem with any soft panniers are the turn signals being in the way. I had been looking at mine trying to see just how to go about moving them when I saw a post from someone who had purchased these SW Motech panniers that included the relocation kit, and removable stays to hold the bags out from the bike.


Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I have a set of Cortech soft bags that came with a Nighthawk 750 I bought some years ago. They work on the CB, but the signal lights interfere with the mount, so I put the top case back on the CB. I don't like how it looks, but I have to admit it's handy. I can fit two handles of booze and a pair of take-out burger boxes, a task the soft bags would have struggled with. My only real gripe is that I have to use the key everytime I open the box. Is there no option to just latch it, without locking it every single time?
The cases on my V85 came like that which was *very* inconvenient, I simply turned the locks around so the key only comes out when unlocked. I never lock them anyway.
 
Those bags look great. I have the OEM rack on my bike also. Do you think you could just thread the Velcro strap that connects the two bags together under the rack instead of over it to bring the top of the bags closer to the seat? Trying to figure out if there's an alternative to modifying the support arms.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top