SW Motech Legend Gear for `17 RS

bajonett_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi guys

So, I have been searching for quality side/saddle bags since I got the bike, and come to the conclusion that there are not too many options.. I have seen a few reviews about the Legend Gear from SW Motech, although not for the CB, but decided to get a pair.

The other option was the Hepco & Becker C-Bow Legacy, priced similarly, but while the Motech has decent UK sellers (I ordered from motolegends), the H&B was only available from Germany via eBay, (at least the black one which I would go for).

The bags are really nicely constructed, quite roomy, relatively easy to mount on, and really stylish. They are not cheap, but I've ordered cheap luggage before for my previous bikes, and regret that.

I would say I am happy with this purchase, but there are few things to be considered before buying:
1. Neither the bag and the mounting plate can be locked. It was not really a deal breaker for me as I do not park on public roads, If I do, I could just unclip the bags and take them with me...
2. I wish it was a little more low profile... I think it sticks out a little more and sits a little higher than I would like it to be. Nothing can be perfect I guess ;)

Overall, they are a really nice pair of bags, sure it will come handy either on long tours or on my daily commute.


82caf0cb49abc811f156f3621b415996.jpg


e7592a2db83e9ca56e4ed4ecd8e74b23.jpg


911bab78c1de1631ae2eb7e9127b1564.jpg


273ac0fb944d77190bc708fcbf88f67a.jpg


189d9f0437743939c5ec5047106f98f5.jpg
 
very nice saddlebags!
Are your legend saddle bags actually black in color?

B/c Brown's the only trim color I've seen available for sale here in the USA.
 
Thread starter
jedd_imp said:
very nice saddlebags!
Are your legend saddle bags actually black in color?

B/c Brown's the only trim color I've seen available for sale here in the USA.
Yes I got the black edition
 
Looks good!!

- does the laptop '13 fit in a 9.8 l bag (LC1)? (I did not find this information in the reviews)
- Will it be comfortable with one bag?
 
Thread starter
Alexey_K_imp said:
Looks good!!

- does the laptop '13 fit in a 9.8 l bag (LC1)? (I did not find this information in the reviews)
- Will it be comfortable with one bag?
- I would say maybe
I have an `11 laptop and that fits in easy with a case on with some room left next to it, so it would be up to how chunky yours is..
- When I am on my daily commute, I am mostly using one bag only.. I can fit in the followings: Rain jacket, Rain pants, Helmet cleaning set, Helmet strap bungee, microfiber cloth, mini WD40, a small bottle of water and the dedicated carry strap from Motech for legend gear. After these stuff there is still space left. And this just one bag.
Frulk_imp said:
Nice looking RS. Man, that’s a serious lock you put on it.
Its not bad for the price I would say, nice heavy duty with a very good locking mechanism, good for the chain.
But I just purchased an original Honda U-lock which fits under the seat as it designed for the RS/EX models. Now that lock is serious.. I can put it thru the front wheel crossing both brake disks, so basically it is impossible to bend and break without damaging the wheel itself (including both discs).. unless they can pick the lock, which would not be easy either I guess. Strongly recommended
 
Back
Top