Suzuki SV650 goes retro/cafe

I'm starting to see more and more Yamaha FZ07s on the road so it's good to see Suzuki keep tweaking their SV650 to keep pace.
 
A thought. I’m not sure why, but I find that quite a good looking bike. Good on Suzuki. But, I ask myself why I don’t find it as appealing as the CB1100. Or a Triumph. Or a Kawasaki 850. So, I zoom in and I realize it’s mostly because the engine looks like a complex factory. Compare it with the simplicity of the in-line 4 or an in-line twin where you can see where the cylinders are; you can see where the FI happens. It’s simple and elegant (at least to my eye). With this critter, I wouldn’t know where to look for anything.
 
I love the SV650, it's a fantastic bike. That being said I am not sure about this styling. It just doesn't work IMO.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Do you mean a Kawa W800 instead of Kawasaki 850?
Don't know this bike.

Wisedrum
Yes, I do. My mistake. Apologies.
 
+1 on the SV650. I owned two first-gen SV's, a 2000 naked and a 2001 "S." My lady friend completed two SS1000's on that S. Terrific motorcycles but once I relocated to Colorado, they were doomed. The bikes ran great at sea level but fell on their face at high elevation (they were carbureted, not fuel injected) and that was the end of that. Adios.

Not sure I care for the styling of the current SV650, but I say that about most new bikes, especially those with black wheels.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
A thought. I’m not sure why, but I find that quite a good looking bike. Good on Suzuki. But, I ask myself why I don’t find it as appealing as the CB1100. Or a Triumph. Or a Kawasaki 850. So, I zoom in and I realize it’s mostly because the engine looks like a complex factory. Compare it with the simplicity of the in-line 4 or an in-line twin where you can see where the cylinders are; you can see where the FI happens. It’s simple and elegant (at least to my eye). With this critter, I wouldn’t know where to look for anything.
Yeah, it looks like it might be a challenge to replace the spark plug(s) on the rear cylinder of that 90 degree V-twin. The oil filter is in a highly accessible location though! :P

Is that the same engine that's in the Wee-Strom?
 
Back
Top