Suzuki Motorcycle patent radar reflector

LongRanger_imp said:
I'm all for it. I don't trust autonomous vehicles to avoid me.
Don't get too comfortable - continue to ride with vigilance. An autonomous vehicle with richer sensors is still an autonomous vehicle. It will make decisions based on its array of sensors and not working sensors! A lot will be decided for better or for worse in fractions of a second. Ride prepared every time when surrounded by cagers and this is something we continue to control ourselves.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm all for it. I don't trust autonomous vehicles to avoid me.
Don't get too comfortable - continue to ride with vigilance. An autonomous vehicle with richer sensors is still an autonomous vehicle. It will make decisions based on its array of sensors and not working sensors! A lot will be decided for better or for worse in fractions of a second. Ride prepared every time when surrounded by cagers and this is something we continue to control ourselves.
Actually, GoldOxide, I'm curious about this from the bottom of your messages:

2014 Honda CB1100A (listen)

How fast were you going before shifting? :biker:
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm all for it. I don't trust autonomous vehicles to avoid me.
Don't get too comfortable - continue to ride with vigilance. An autonomous vehicle with richer sensors is still an autonomous vehicle. It will make decisions based on its array of sensors and not working sensors! A lot will be decided for better or for worse in fractions of a second. Ride prepared every time when surrounded by cagers and this is something we continue to control ourselves.
Actually, GoldOxide, I'm curious about this from the bottom of your messages:

2014 Honda CB1100A (listen)

How fast were you going before shifting? :biker:

Actually, GoldOxide, I'm curious about this from the bottom of your messages:

[url=https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFTKd3hdFxiYGVM&cid=56DDABE3C993FAEF&id=56DDABE3C993FAEF%21444&parId=56DDABE3C993FAEF%21442&o=OneUp]2014 Honda CB1100A (listen)

How fast were you going before shifting? :biker:
That was a moving run with shift into third, so not very fast ~ 80 - 90 km/h.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm all for it. I don't trust autonomous vehicles to avoid me.
Don't get too comfortable - continue to ride with vigilance. An autonomous vehicle with richer sensors is still an autonomous vehicle. It will make decisions based on its array of sensors and not working sensors! A lot will be decided for better or for worse in fractions of a second. Ride prepared every time when surrounded by cagers and this is something we continue to control ourselves.
Actually, GoldOxide, I'm curious about this from the bottom of your messages:

2014 Honda CB1100A (listen)

How fast were you going before shifting? :biker:

Actually, GoldOxide, I'm curious about this from the bottom of your messages:

[url=https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFTKd3hdFxiYGVM&cid=56DDABE3C993FAEF&id=56DDABE3C993FAEF%21444&parId=56DDABE3C993FAEF%21442&o=OneUp]2014 Honda CB1100A (listen)

How fast were you going before shifting? :biker:
That was a moving run with shift into third, so not very fast ~ 80 - 90 km/h.

Ah! At first listen I thought it was first into second, but now I hear that.
 
The best advice l ever got when l first got off my dirt bike and on to a street bike was "ride like you are invisible". This has stuck with me for the last 45 years, and made me a better, safer rider.
 
DBM_imp said:
The best advice l ever got when l first got off my dirt bike and on to a street bike was "ride like you are invisible". This has stuck with me for the last 45 years, and made me a better, safer rider.
For me, a lifetime of shoulder checks has been the highest return on investment.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm all for it. I don't trust autonomous vehicles to avoid me.
I worry more about the human drivers myself. I ride several times a week in an area where Waymo (i.e. Google) has been road testing their autonomous cars for several years now. I think overall the robot cars have a better awareness of the presence of motorcycles than the human drivers.

I think radar reflectors are just the beginning. I suspect that future cars will have gadgets that communicate position and speed information to all of the other cars around them. It's already happening in aviation. This year I get to buy a new mandated device for my plane that sends my position info to all other planes in the area. It's the first step in eliminating human based air traffic control.
 
Django_imp said:
Same exists for the Sea, all commercial vessels must have an AIS - automatic identification system.

See ship tracking: Loading...
" ... but detective, I swear I was not there when that bank was robbed. My motorcycle was stolen at the time ... " :)
 
Back
Top