Suzuki GS750T

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I must have missed class the day this bike was announced -- a 1982 Suzuki GS750T. I thought I knew bikes but I've never seen this model or trim. Anyone else? Ferret? This one has 3600 miles (original owner) and is listed at $2000 on the local Craigslist.

d512cec81fdcad576c163b3ca1d492c0.jpg


fa61fbe169473c02447fa88616ae58ad.jpg
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I must have missed class the day this bike was announced -- a 1982 Suzuki GS750T. I thought I knew bikes but I've never seen this model or trim. Anyone else? Ferret? This one has 3600 miles (original owner) and is listed at $2000 on the local Craigslist.

d512cec81fdcad576c163b3ca1d492c0.jpg


fa61fbe169473c02447fa88616ae58ad.jpg
Bueler?
The class?
Bueler? :D

But, you’re right. I never saw this model before. Like it :rolleyes:
 
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
I remember when the Kawasaki 454 LTD was heavily marketed in the mid '80s.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
Wisedrum, For the sake of clarity, what do you mean by "chopper" riding position? the bike in the picture has a pretty upright seating position with rearsets and everything, almost exactly like our CB. I do know what you mean by all the Japanese bikes in the early 80's being kind of the same (except for Viragos), but i don't really know of many that got low seats and forward controls until 84 or 85.
 
Absolutely remember them. I sold a lot of them. They were the plain jane or "std" model of the GS 750 series vs the GS750E (sport) and GS 750L (cruiser). I always thought it was a good looking bike.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
Wisedrum, For the sake of clarity, what do you mean by "chopper" riding position? the bike in the picture has a pretty upright seating position with rearsets and everything, almost exactly like our CB. I do know what you mean by all the Japanese bikes in the early 80's being kind of the same (except for Viragos), but i don't really know of many that got low seats and forward controls until 84 or 85.
Google Search

This is a picture of a classic GS750.
I think the riding position and the optic will differ from the T model, which has higher handlebars, a smaller and
brighter rear wheel, a lower seat for the rider and maybe a longer fork, all attributes I combine with a bike being slighty choppered right from the manufacturer. In my eyes a soft chopper.

Wisedrum
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
I remember when the Kawasaki 454 LTD was heavily marketed in the mid '80s.
I remember when the Kawasaki 454 LTD was heavily marketed in the mid '80s.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
A typical bike out the the time round 1980 when all japanese manufacturers build soft choppers out of their street bikes. Wether you like them or not, I rode a used Kawa LTD 750 Twin for 10 years. The Suzuki is in its way surely a fun to ride bike, if you get used to the chopper riding position....once it was okay, nowadays I prefer to sit on a classic streetbike.

Wisedrum
Wisedrum, For the sake of clarity, what do you mean by "chopper" riding position? the bike in the picture has a pretty upright seating position with rearsets and everything, almost exactly like our CB. I do know what you mean by all the Japanese bikes in the early 80's being kind of the same (except for Viragos), but i don't really know of many that got low seats and forward controls until 84 or 85.
I am wondering if Wisedrum cross-referenced motorcycle brainscape with the said "Kawa LTD"?

Here is a classic "soft chopper" Kawasaki 454 LTD ...

 
Learned to ride on a GS750e as a 19-year-old. Seriously. From nothing to 750cc. A beautiful machine and a "sportbike" in its day. Those memories brought me to the CB1100.
 
DAC_imp said:
Learned to ride on a GS750e as a 19-year-old. Seriously. From nothing to 750cc. A beautiful machine and a "sportbike" in its day. Those memories brought me to the CB1100.
Totally resonate with that. :thumbsup:
 
By the 80s, all of the manufacturers had pseudo-cruiser versions of their standard bikes. They were very popular and outsold the plain versions. Kawa LTD, Honda Custom or "C", Yamaha Special and Suzuki "L". Chrome fenders, cast wheels, stepped seats, buckhorn bars and teardrop tanks were the norm.

The peg and seat positions were usually the same as the standard bikes. The most noticeable ergonomic difference were the buckhorn style handlebars, which had grips that were higher and nearly parallel to the long axis of the bike, rather than perpendicular. When I switched from a Kaw KZ750 to an LTD 750, this was a big difference that took awhile to get used to.

Hey Wisedrum, I rode my '80 LTD 750 twin for 12 years. It was pretty worn out when I gave to a friend with 77K miles on it. Loved that bike.
 
Loved it too. Brought me back to motorbiking over 20 years ago. Mine was also worn out a bit with over 80.000km when I gave it away for a used but fresher W650. Liked the good pulling parallel twin and his torque although it vibrates some more than Kawa's newer twins.

On the picture you see a lot in common with the GS 750T despite from the engine. At least that's what I think and that led me to the path of soft choppers.

Google Search

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top