Super Cub anime ... check it out!

zbillster_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Full disclosure: I've been doing contract work for Funimation (aka AnimeLab down under and Wakamin in parts of Europe) and they're debuting a new anime series about a young girl who brings joy and adventure into her life with the purchase of a Honda Super Cub. It's a genre of anime I'd call "soothing." Definitely brings back memories of buying my CT90 as a teenager. First episode is up. Enjoy!

YouTube promo video:



USA Funimation show page:
Super Cub show page on Funimation
 
The promo looks good, zbillster. Good to hear from you again.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Excellent job Bill!

:excited:

Can we "see" your contribution in the reel?
So I mostly proofread their social media posts (yes, I get easier tasks and more money as I get older) but one of my favorite projects is editing the close captions on their promotional videos ... here's one with Lauren Moore, who is easy on the eyes:



Cormanus_imp said:
The promo looks good, zbillster. Good to hear from you again.
I'm still a cager, but I did pick up a 2018 Ford Focus ST ... which I got to play with in the twisties of northern Arkansas and southern Missouri last week. :D My goal was to buy a manual transmission car (in this case, a hot hatch) before they became extinct.

However, I'm a little too used to sequential gearboxes, so a few shifting gate fails ("Wait ... where's third again?").
 
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Thank you, my lord. I wondered that too.

Houtman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Girls have special powers to get money from old guys .
Ah, so you underwrote it, Houtman? :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Thank you, my lord. I wondered that too.

Houtman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Girls have special powers to get money from old guys .
Ah, so you underwrote it, Houtman? :D
Thank you, my lord. I wondered that too.

Houtman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Girls have special powers to get money from old guys .
Ah, so you underwrote it, Houtman? :D
Houtman got lots of cash from his Canadian buddy :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Thank you, my lord. I wondered that too.

Houtman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Girls have special powers to get money from old guys .
Ah, so you underwrote it, Houtman? :D
Thank you, my lord. I wondered that too.

Houtman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ok, I gotta ask. If she doesn’t have any money, how did she get the Cub?
Girls have special powers to get money from old guys .
Ah, so you underwrote it, Houtman? :D Yes, Cormanus , I always have this desire to help the deserving females......
 
zbillster_imp said:
Full disclosure: I've been doing contract work for Funimation (aka AnimeLab down under and Wakamin in parts of Europe) and they're debuting a new anime series about a young girl who brings joy and adventure into her life with the purchase of a Honda Super Cub. It's a genre of anime I'd call "soothing." Definitely brings back memories of buying my CT90 as a teenager. First episode is up. Enjoy!

YouTube promo video:



USA Funimation show page:
Super Cub show page on Funimation

That's great zbillster, I must show it to my daughter. She did Japanese (as a language) at school and passed the * Leaving Cert in Japanese a couple of years ago. She was one of only eight in Ireland who took Japanese as a subject.

She is now in her second year at University in Dublin and has taken on Japanese as an extra elective. She gets litttle $50 commissions from time to time for some online Anime publishers, she draws a face with 15 expressions. It's just a hobby for her really but she has never done animation work.

*Leaving Cert - final exams leaving school at 18
 
My neighbor’s daughter is 15. If I take her down to the Honda dealer will they give us a Cub?

Will you be showing more episodes? I wanna see what she gets into.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
My neighbor’s daughter is 15. If I take her down to the Honda dealer will they give us a Cub?

Will you be showing more episodes? I wanna see what she gets into.
Ahh. So that is how one can get a Cub.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
My neighbor’s daughter is 15. If I take her down to the Honda dealer will they give us a Cub?

Will you be showing more episodes? I wanna see what she gets into.
Yes, there will probably be 12 episodes total (the usual season run) with a new one every week. For the budget minded, you could wait till the last episode airs and then do a free trial for a week or so and binge all of them. :D
 
.When I viewed it showed me ep. 1. Tell them they need to speed up the action some.

That girl needs some self-confidence. I guess that will come though.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
.When I viewed it showed me ep. 1. Tell them they need to speed up the action some.

That girl needs some self-confidence. I guess that will come though.
Saw episode "1" listed too, so didn't continue watching. :(

Maybe that is reasonable because the first sample was just a trailer?
 
Back
Top